“We loved it and would highly recommend this hotel!”

Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Ranked #27 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 29, 2011

From arriving to leaving we absolutely loved our trip here. The hotel was fabulous and the staff were wonderful. The bedroom was very comfortable and spacious and the bathroom was a good size and we were a family of 4 using it for 2 weeks. We had a nice view of Disney and the fireworks at night which was great. The valet parking was really convenient (included as part of the price because we were staying more than a week) and so long as we gave them about 10 mins notice, we never had to wait. The staff on the desk were very helpful with restaurant recommendations or tips for days out and so on. The pool area was great and little touches like getting your towels for you and bringing cool towels round when it got really hot made it really special. We only ate at the hotel once at the steak restaurant (the Bull & Bear) which was excellent although pricy for a family of 4! All in all, I rate this hotel very highly and would recommend it for couples, families or small groups of friends. They did have a couple of conferences on during our time there which made it quite busy but it really didn't detract from the service or experience. The only change I would make is to have complimentary wi-fi in the room which was prohibitively expensive.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Judith_Chalmers5
There are newer reviews for Waldorf Astoria Orlando

Reviewed August 26, 2011

Having been raised in New York, it still strikes me as odd to see a Waldorf outside the city. Regardless, excellent, friendly staff with large and functional room. Pretty pool and good gym. Orlando being what it is, this hotel can be used as a comfortable base to go to Disney World (it is actually on the property but not identified as such) or just relax. Oddly, a Hilton is connected to it (you can tell when the marble ends) but overall is a very nice resort-style property. Fine golfing as well.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank eton1970
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Overall, we were very pleased with the hotel- the bed was sumptuous, the pool was never crowded, and service was pleasant. The gym is beautiful- weights and cardio equipment, water bottles and headphones. Way better than Hilton next door. They don't tell you at concierge but should, that the cabanas along the pools are available for half day and full day rentals with drinks, fruit plate, wait staff, etc. We stayed with our four yr old and sixteen yr old, and they loved it. Not snooty at all- we've been to Ritz and Four Seasons everywhere, and this was an equal experience. La Luce at Hilton had wonderful dinners, and Oscars has a great a la carte breakfast at noon if you miss themad breakfast buffet rush( we always did). Peacock Alley has a pianist and filling food- very relaxing and delicious fare. Location is great to Downtown and Hollywood. No microwave or fridge - stay at the Hilton next door if you want that.we just enjoyed the atmosphere and pampering. Make sure you get water for your drive back if you did drive- they forgot ours. The golf cart that brought us back and forth to Hilton was fast. We will be back next year!!!

Room Tip: Upgrade for same price if possible
4  Thank mgb38
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Have just returned from a 14 night stay at the Waldorf Astoria, Orlando. All the previous positive comments written about this hotel are true. We thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our stay. The staff are very polite and attentive and special thanks go to Greig who provided live and very relaxing guitar music at the swimming pool at weekends - his music, a cool drink and the perfect swimming pool made us feel so relaxed!

The beds at this hotel are the best I have ever slept in. I loved every moment of our stay and hopefully will return.

Only one negative point. Business Seminars do take place at this hotel. They do not disturb guests during the day, but the business men/women sometimes took over the Lobby Bar in the evenings. A little more thought for holidaymakers would go a long way!

2  Thank angus33
Reviewed August 22, 2011

First I want to start out saying that the Waldorf Astoria in Orlando is NOT a 5 star hotel. It is, at best, a 4 star with a staff that needs a bit more training.

Check-in: This was quick. I was not accommodated with the king bed request, but that was not a big deal. Two queen beds were fine. They also "upgraded" me to a "park view" room so I could watch the fireworks at night. The view was actually quite impressive and I did enjoy the fireworks.

Bell Service: It took almost 30 minutes to get the bags from the car to our room. Normally I wouldn't care, but the baby's diapers and food were in those bags. So that was quite inconvenient and unacceptable for this hotel.

A plus for the bell service: They did help us install the car seat into the rental car. This was highly appreciated.

Room cleaning staff: Out of all three days we were there, the room was never cleaned before 3:00 PM. This was totally unacceptable and quite inconvenient when we had to bring the baby back for his nap. Additionally the ice bucket was only filled up once during the entire stay, despite the fact that I had a wine bottle in it the entire time. Once again, not a big deal, if you are staying at a 4 star hotel.

Valet service: Generally quick and efficient. highly appreciated. One complaint is that I asked them if they could pull the car around because we left a package in the car. They said no need to pull around, they would check for us and bring it in. We never heard from them again on the topic. Since we found the package in our room, I can't complain too much though :)

Rooms: I had the normal double queen room, and found them to be quite small. (I did know this going in though.. so no complaints). The blankets on the bed were quite heavy. I need to be covered the whole night and I couldn't because I was sweating profusely. This caused me to wake up several times during the night. The beds, though, in general we comfortable.

The blu ray player in the room was appreciated, and kept baby happy.

The rooms were ok... I hate to keep repeating myself, but think 4 star ok. Nothing special. Robes and slippers were something you find in a Radisson... the toiletries were nothing special...

The one thing that was very tacky was the Voss bottled water in the room with a $6 price tag on it. C'mon... really... in a supposed 5 star hotel.

Food: We didn't try the room service or the any of the resort restaurants, so I cannot comment on that. The coffee in the lobby was very good in the morning. The remove it way too early though.

Overall, for the money, I would rather stay in the Radisson Lake Buena Vista. The rooms are a little bigger, they have large flat screen TVs and you get the same basic service (minus valet parking). Granted it is listed as a 4 star hotel... but that is what it is!

Suggestion: unless you just want to say you are staying at a Waldorf Astoria, save your money and stay at the Radisson.

Room Tip: Ask for park view.
1  Thank TommyK3769
Reviewed August 22, 2011

This place was like something you see on a movie. I was there for a conference, and could probably never afford this myself. If you can, though, I reccomend it!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2011

What a wonderful stay at the Waldorf! We had initial hesitations booking here as there were not a lot of reviews of families with small children. The Hilton next door (5 min walk through the conference center) is absolutely more suited for small children, but having access to their facilities, we went for it. When we booked, I made reservations directly on their website and completed the standby request to upgrade to a Deluxe suite if available - we were interested in this option to provide us a little privacy from our two year old. We arrived Sat before 10am and were granted the upgrade, but they upgraded us to a Luxury Suite - very nice! We were treated with every courtesy in each and every way during our stay. Thank you to all the staff of Waldorf for a wonderful stay.

As I hesitate to repeat what previous reviewers have written, please see my pro/cons below.

Pros:
Bus transportation to Disney attractions, always on time and not shared with other resorts - Magic Kingdom was 2x per hour
Room was top notch
Housekeeping staff was excellent, room always tidy and special attention to our little one's needs
Pools had zero entry for small children
Concierge and bell staff very attentive
Breakfast free for children at Oscars
Dinner free for children at Hilton Bistro
Rollaway bed for our two year old - propped with pillows and chairs to prevent rolling off
$50/day resort credit (we blew through this quickly)

Cons:
Limited times to Downtown Disney (can alternatively take a town car for $10 each way)
Bar/Kitchen in suite has no utensils, soap/sponge, plates, etc (only wine glasses)
Food was average, but priced for excellent (WA & Hilton both)
Water slide min height 40" could not accompany with parent
Room service was $3 delivery + 22% service charge on top of expensive prices (really!?!)

Room Tip: Check online for deals including resort credit
2  Thank nctravelnut99