“Remarkable is The ONLY Way to Describe This Hotel!”

Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Ranked #28 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Carrollton, Georgia
“Remarkable is The ONLY Way to Describe This Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

Where to start with this absolutely stunning, incomparable resort close enough to -- yet secluded from -- the Walt Disney World resort? I must admit that my family (me, my 7 month pregnant wife, and my 5 year old) were extremely excited to stay at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando. Beyond imagination, the Waldorf Astoria delivered in every way, shape, and form (with the exception of one, which I will explain later).

After the 7 hour drive from Metro Atlanta, we were eager to "get off the road." The entrance to the Bonnet Creek Resort seriously feels like you've entered a private, gated community usually reserved for athletes and movie stars. As far as I could tell, the Bonnet Creek Resort included a Wyndham Grand Vacations property, the Hilton Bonnet Creek, and the Waldorf Astoria Orlando. Despite these resorts, there is an incredible amount of raw, unspoiled land within Bonnet Creek with impeccable landscaping.

The Waldorf Astoria Orlando shares a convention center with the Hilton Bonnet Creek; however, the hotels do a great job of taking care of the needs of all of their guests. Upon arriving at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando front door, we were greeted by a very efficient and hard-working valet. He unloaded every piece of our luggage and quickly gave my pregnant wife a bottled water. I tipped him, and we moved on to the grand, main lobby of the hotel.

The lobby is what you would expect from the Waldorf Astoria brand. A magnificent clock is the centerpiece. Champagne was offered, and the front desk staff met you in front of the front desk. These types of personalized, hands-on approaches to customer service were provided throughout our stay. Check-in was quick and easy. We were in our room within 10 minutes, and our luggage arrived very soon thereafter.

We stayed in a standard room with 2 queen sized beds. The term "standard" does not do justice to the room, however. The room was gigantic! The bed was magnificent! The technology in the room was nothing that I'd seen before. A large, HDTV with a blu-ray player. The bathroom was similarly gigantic. Large tub, large shower, his and her sinks are just some of the amenities provided. Honestly, there is nothing negative that can be said about the rooms. If posts do say negative things about the rooms, the people are "of the type" that will find something wrong with anything.

The activities provided by the hotel were fun. My son had an absolute blast at the swimming pool each day. The Waldorf pool is much more quiet than the Hilton pool (which you are free to use), and the staff at the Waldorf makes chairs appear instantaneously. During our time there, a dance competition was being held in the convention center. However, I can say that it was like the multitudes of teenage dancers were transformed into societal ladies by the relaxing qualities surrounding the Waldorf Astoria pool. Most importantly, my 5 year old son found a play partner each day, and really loved his time at the pool.

As for dining, the breakfast buffet was the most extensive that I've ever seen. The quality of the foods was amazing; HOWEVER, the price of the breakfast buffet will give you heartburn even if the thick-cut bacon does not! It was definitely worth the experience once during our stay. Room service was delicious, as well. Service poolside was quick and efficient. There were multitudes of wait staff around the pool. The pool menu is tasty. We did not make it to the Bull and Bear Steakhouse, but we were on the elevator with a family (like mine) that was gushing about the experience they had in there. There was no question about "how it was," they were simply talking to each other about how great it was.

Last but not least -- and I know some of you have been waiting for this -- is my single service delivery issue with the Waldorf Astoria Orlando. As with most hotels this caliber, valet parking is required. Dropping your car off is easy. You drive up, get out, and go inside. However, retrieving your car is a different situation. No matter if you call ahead for your car or simply walk down and request it, the wait time is long. I found this aggravating at times. On more than one occasion, we waited in excess of 15 minutes for our car to arrive (even after calling ahead for it).

However, this one issue should not discourage anyone from staying at the remarkable place. I urge you to stay here, and truly see the magic that takes place in the Waldorf Astoria Orlando. The management and staff (excluding the valet manager:) should be proud of the product they have produced. I have never left a personal comment about any hotel employee on TripAdvisor; however, I must say that Ms. Barabas at the front desk is top-notch! She even called my credit card company to fix a mistake that it made with my reservation at check-out! What a great send off from the Waldorf Astoria Orlando.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank CadeParian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (870)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

Great stay and best bed we've ever slept in but the ducks in the pool didn't please, especially when they did as ducks tend to!
Gym great but food expensive. Valet parking at $20 per night expensive as there was no self park option.
Overall fab hotel!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

We celebrated my daughter's graduation at DW. I wanted an upscale resort that was quiet and non-Disney. WOW! The Waldorf put our vacation over the top! Exquisite accommodations, warm and courteous staff, surprise champagne and chocolates when one of the managers heard that it was our 20th anniversary.

We couldn't have made it at all 4 Disney parks plus Typhoon Lagoon without each evening's glorious recharge at the Waldorf! Private and QUIET! No little rug rats roaming the halls and grounds.

Deluxe Room with Disney and pool view was perfect! Both bathrooms were oversized with every amenity. Beds were heavenly! We never waited more than 5 minutes for our car. The complimentary buses to DW were quite handy.

The Waldorf was absolutely perfect! It prevented Disney overload. The staff should be commended! Beautiful job!

We will return to Orlando numerous times in the near future and this will be the only place we stay.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Bahunkus
Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

i was extremely dissapointed with the Waldorf in NY, and what a pleasant surprise to come to the Wlaldorf Orlando. Beautiful hotel, ofcourse its almost brand new,the rooms are big and gorgous, the lobby is small but extremely nice amd the pool area is fantastic.
The Bull and bear has well earned its reputation, the good was EXCEPTIONAL and the service was excellent.
also its very easy to walk accross to the Hilton where the pool is better for kids with the lazy river.. we loved it and we will be back...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank budsy987
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

My family and I had a wonderful holiday here and would recommend it to anyone. The staff were very helpful and the location for visiting the park convenient. Our room was spotless and the housekeeping were polite and friendly. You must try one of the steaks at the Bull and Bear, one word amazing :)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank php-aqua
Palm Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

This was our second trip to the Waldorf - first time with hubby last year for a romantic weekend, this year with our son for golf. First off, my husband and I had a horrible experience at the Bull & Bear last year, saw other reviews form travelers with similar experiences. The hotel manager made it right for us so I was willing to try the hotel again - my husband was quite cautious. We did AVOID the Bull & Bear this time and overall it was great. We had an unlimited golf package and that was absolutely SUPERB! The course was beautiful, the staff UNBELIEVABLE, the service IMPECCABLE. If you golf, GO TO THE WALDORF!! I can't say enough about every person there - at the Golf Club - it made this the most relaxing hotel experience I have ever had (aside from Hawaii!!). The hotel itself is really lovely, the rooms very nice and I really appreciate the large bathrooms. Last year we had a suite,(fabulous!!) this time a queen room and it was very nice. Having said all that, the front desk staff really needs some work. First of all, everyone else at this hotel was really nice and friendly, the front desk...a bit snotty. I am not one who thinks that a place is exclusive based on how snotty the employees are and the front desk staff really seem to operate under this mis-impression. Because I had reserved two nights with two different packages, we were not charged properly based on the packages we reserved. When I pointed this out at the front desk, a 'manager' had to be called and only after I reviewed THEIR packages with this person did I receive my credits. To my thinking, THIS is the WALDORF, they should know ALL of their packages and exactly WHAT my reservation is when I check in, I shouldn't have to 'review' this with them. If I get vouchers, they should know that without me telling them. I could go to the Hilton if I don't want 5 star service and knowing packages and reservations ought to be a part of that service. Again, the credits were applied but as I pointed out to the front desk staff, I shouldn't have had to to be irritated for even that 15 minutes because they don't know their packages. Other then that, the stay was great, the golf phenomenal and we will go back again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

I have to say that if it was put to me I would place this hotel as the #1 hotel in Orlando. My stay here has been the best experience I have had at a hotel in a long time. The Waldorf Astoria has exceeded my expectations. Parker Henderson the director of the front desk was extremely accommodating and I believe the front desk could not have a better team leader as he surpassed what I have come to expect as exceptional customer service.
My family and I have enjoyed the Waldorf's pool as they have a zero entry pool. My children loved that they could also use the Hilton's pool next to the Waldorf as they have a water slide and an awesome lazy river.
We dined at Oscars for breakfast. Please make sure you ask for Jose as he is the best waiter I have ever encountered. His level of customer service is amazing.
We stayed in the deluxe suite that has a separate living area from the king size bedroom. My husband and I enjoyed the balcony view every morning as we had a cappuccino while watching the golfers tee off. The room also has a small sub zero refrigerator in it that includes a small wine rack within it.
The bathroom is gorgeous. It has a seperate shower and bath tub.
My family and I will return very soon to this property. I hope that you are able to come to the Waldorf to experience the ultimate vacation as my family has. Kudos to the Waldorf Astoria for opening this hotel in Orlando!

• Stayed July 2011