“This is a great hotel. Rooms are...”
Review of Hilton Orlando

Hilton Orlando
Ranked #55 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 22, 2010

This is a great hotel. Rooms are spacious, quiet and clean. Restaurants are also good and there is also a great pool area at the hotel to keep the kids happy. The gym is also very good.

• Stayed: September 2010
Write a ReviewReviews (5,476)

Reviewed September 20, 2010

We regularly travel to orlando for weekend trips to use the parks and lounge by the pools and have taken up trying various hotels in the area. We have stayed here and the bonnet creek resort and enjoy both very very much.

The pros:
- The pool is awesome, huge lazy river with zero entry and free......yep free tubes. We had to rent ours $10 a day at bonnet creek. Towels are free, the hot tubs are actually hot and there is 3 pools to choose from. The quiet pool is actually kept quiet and is seperated from the main area which is rather enjoyable.

- Desk staff (the staff in general) here are the nicest friendliest staff I have had the pleasure to deal with when being in a hotel this size. Everybody makes a point to ask how your day is or strike up small talk without being annoying or pushy. The desk staff accomidated our every request and actually remembered who we were during the whole stay. I know its a minor thing but hey it was noticed.

- Tennis courts, exercise room etc - We actually got to use the tennis court and its nice and new and well situated. I could see and issue in the cooler months of actually getting time on there because there is only one court. Exercise room wasn't used during our stay but its free to Hilton silver level members.....though i do have an issue with being charged at all. Equipment looks all brand new and situated in a nice well lit room.

- Location: Covered access walkway to the main orlando convention hall which is right across the street. Located in short driving distance to sandlake road and all of the needed restraunts and entertainment. Heck i avoided I-4 my whole stay and for people who have used I-4 before thats a big deal.

Cons:

- Pay to park is still dumb in my oppinion. $12 a day here which is cheaper then bonnet creek but still a pain. We're used to having to pay to park so we expect it but be warned none the less. No level of honnors gets you free parking :\

- Pay for gym and internet..... again tad bit on the nickle and dimming side of things....When paying $100 plus a night we should be allowed to use such things at no charge, at least offer a slower version of internet for nothing, I'd be happy with that.

- Noise: Walls are thinner then bonnet creek resort. not the point its unberable....we sept like logs all night. But if you have a noisier neighbor do expect to hear them a bit, also per usual the doors are heavy and tend to slam shut.

- Not a major issue but i did notice the sheets still had a stain in some places on them, looked like makeup. Just saying if its visible like that on the top of the sheet housekeeping should have seen it and changed it right away, in their defense it was gone the second day so i was happy about that.

Hilton Orlando is a great resort hotel and very enjoyable we will gladly be back and I even suggested it to a few friends and family members. Just keep in mind the misc. charges and you will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank enstormblue
Reviewed September 18, 2010

My family and I booked this hotel as a extended weekend getaway for Labor Day. Oh my, what an awesome hotel. I am never one to get into pools but couldn't resist the lazy river. The water temperature was just right. My family and I enjoyed our stay. My only complaint would be the softness of the bed and pillows. I could not get a good nights sleep because both were too soft. I opted to sleep in the chair. I am booking a room for next weekend as a romantic getaway and will have my own pillows in hand.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2010

Stayed at the Hilton for 10 nights with my 2 teenage boys. The hotel is excellent, has great facilities, e.g. great pool, gym etc. Rooms are very good and are kept very clean. I would recommend it to anyone as it's in a very good position too. I have to say I have a major gripe being asked to pay $12 per day just to park my car at the hotel I'm staying at, I've had many holidays in Orlando and have never been asked to pay such a fee - also it is $10 dollars each to use the gym per day - why should I have to pay to use a facility within a hotel I have paid to stay at - this does not make sense to me and Hilton should re-visit this policy. As stated I cannot fault the hotel it is very good, just the un-neccessary charges leave a bad taste in the mouth.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Jackdel
Reviewed September 16, 2010

You can really tell that this hotel is rather new. Both the main areas and the room was top notch. We had a room at the executive floor, and took advantage of the snack served 5-7 pm and breakfast in the executive lounge. Great selection of food, attentive staff and not too crowded.

The hotel itself is very large, so be aware that the lobby etc. can be very crowded at times. There seems to be a lot of conferences going on here, every day and at every time of the day.

The pool/water area is a highlight – even adults (like us) had a blast in the river.

Not much negative to say here, even though I cannot understand why new hilton hotels do not have soft-lock mechanism at the room-doors. When your neighbor slams the door, getting in or out, the whole room is shaking. Not a very pleasant way to wake up, especially if its 6am and you really wanted to sleep to 10am...

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jens h
Reviewed September 15, 2010

The Hilton on Destination Way, next to the Orange County Convention Center has the BEST customer service and mangement staff I have ever encountered. People are the foundation of all successful companies. Kudos to the human resource personnel that found this wonderful staff. As a frequent business and leisure traveler, I always appreciate hotel staff members that provide good service. This staff exceeded every expectation I had, in every category.
From the moment you arrive, the bell staff makes you feel welcome and can not do enough to assist you in checking in. The front desk staff is efficient and very friendly. The rooms are standard hotel size, extremely clean, well kept and have lots of well placed electrial outlets for the business traveler. The beds are comfortable with high quality linens.
The food is outstanding, beautifully presented and the restuarants have enough variety for any taste. The bartenders and knowledgeable and friendly. Executive floor guests have the opportunity to get to know Chris nd the rest of the hosts who also provide concierge service.. Emily, the evening desk clerk is professional, knowledgeable and so accommodating. Rick, the evening front desk manager has that unique ability to make the difficult look easy. His motto is "I will make it happen," and he means it.
The hotel is conveiently located on International Drive with trolly service and is within walking distance of many local nightspots, as well as being the most conveniently located hotel to the Convention Center.
This full service resort gives you plenty of reasons to just settle in. Kids of all ages will fall in love with the lazy river and the adjacent giant pool with a fun slide. Adults also have the option of a quiet pool. Both have comfortable lounge chairs and nice landscaping. At night, it si nice to sit around the fire pit and share conversation and a beverage.
There is a giant fitness center with every imaginable piece of equipment, free weights and, exercise balls Also, there is a jogging trail, putting green and baketball court. The covered self parking is conveneint and well lit.
Next to the fitness center is a full service spa and salon.As outstanding as the facilities are, they would not be inviting if it were not for the fabulous staff that uses those tools to make the guest feel as if he or she was the only one in the entire hotel.
It can be difficult to cater to the business traveler, the family on vacation, the convention attendee and the honeymoon couple. This Hilton makes it look easy. It is my favorite place to stay in Orlando.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank JulieKJ
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Awesome hotel. Clean and modern. Breakfast buffet was very well done and staff was friendly. Soiled by Disney Deluxe hotels but this was just as good.

• Stayed: July 2010