“Short family Disney Vacation” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Orlando
Ranked #44 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Miami, Florida
“Short family Disney Vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Been to this resort several times already with my wife whether for Valentines or anniversary weekend. This time however we decided to bring along the kids so they could enjoy the amenities like the lazy river, the pool slide and so forth. I absolutely love the location of this hotel which is right off the 528 highway and super close to the Turnpike. Its also located next to a McDonalds and Mobile Gas station which has a 7-Eleven attached. The parking all though its $16 per day (kinda steep) its great to just drive in through the back and park on the 2nd floor which is right where the lobby is. Some hotels have you park super far to have to walk a long way especially if you have lots to carry always.

My one gripe is with the resort charge. I understand its for the added ammenities and such but I do not get how they mention in the hotel website that internet access is included when I saw a charge for $14.95 when I attempted to use. (see below the FAQ pulled from their website)

What is included in the Resort Charge?
The Hilton Orlando Daily Resort Charge of $20 (plus tax) per room, per night, will be added to the room rate and includes: local, toll-free & domestic long distance call; internet access; fitness center access, recreational amenities and 15% discount in all F&B outlets excluding Tropics.

Is there high speed internet or wifi available at the hotel?
Wired and wireless connections are available in your room and the common areas of the hotel and are included in your $20 daily Resort Charge for an unlimited number of devices.

This is my only complaint that I can come up with. There was an incident where I got back to my room at 4pm from being out all day to find my room was not done. The beds were a mess and towels which needed to be replaced were still on he bathroom sink. I double checked that I did not leave a Do Not Disturb sign so was curious why they never came to my room. Called the lobby and was advised that all cleaning crew leave at 4pm and would not have my room made today. I was a bit floored by this mostly for the towels which I did not have for the kids and us. I went down to the lobby to speak with someone in person. When I explained my situation it was immediately addressed and was asked to hang out by the pool for a few while my room was tended to. Would of been nice to be given a free drink or something at least for the inconvenience but was not going to make a spectacle as it was a long day and really just wanted to get back and relax.

Overall we hope to make it back up again maybe for Mickey's Christmas which is in a few months. Will consider this hotel if the price is right and have HHonor points accumulated.

Room Tip: Ask if you can be placed in a room that over looks Sea World. Great for the kids to look and see t...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear damigs,
Thank you for your recent posting on Trip Advisor. We are so glad you were able to experience and enjoy our Hilton hospitality! We do our best to keep costs affordable while staying competitive with other hotels in our area. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it lets us know we need to reevaluate our current offerings and services. We hope you will come back to visit with us again real soon. Regards, the Hilton Orlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (904)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Apex, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

The room was nice & clean and the pool area was beautiful, however the additional mandatory charges were $36 plus tax per day for the resort fee and self parking. We stayed here through Priceline and the fees made it less than a great deal. We travel to this area frequently and other hotels at the same quality level have been better when you compare the total cost

• 5 of 5 bubbles
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear FamilyofFive-in-NC,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We always want our guest to have an enjoyable and memorable stay. We do understand that there are other hotels in the area that may not gave a resort charge or a parking fee but we are competitively priced with other AAA Four Diamond Resorts in the I-Drive area. We are always listening to our guests and appreciate your candid feedback. Thank you again for choosing the Hilton Orlando.
Sandy Springs, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

First off, I will say that the common areas of the hotel are modern, clean, and well maintained. Customer service at all levels was exemplary. The rooms were clean. The bed very comfortable. The pool area is beautiful and expansive. I probably stay here again. However, beware the extra charges.

I was in town for one night to attend an exposition at the adjacent Orange County Convention Center. The price I booked on the Hilton website was $145. This hotel, like most of the larger hotels in the International Drive area, tacks on a "resort fee." At this Hilton it's $20. I believe that charging the fee separately is insulting. They should build it into the price. Unfortunately, a traveller can't easily avoid such "resort fees" because most hotels in the area play the same game. When I arrived at the hotel after a two hour ride on motorcycle, I was tired and hot. I asked if I could check in early if there was a room ready. The front desk staff were happy to honor my request... for $25! Then there's the issue of parking charges, $16 for self-park, $23 for valet. I find it offensive that guests are extorted to pay for the "privilege" of parking in the hotel's lot. It should be built into the price. Again, it's a greedy game that most of the larger hotels play. Maybe I should have turn the tables on Hilton by demanding a 50% discount on parking since my vehicle was a motorcycle! (kidding)

This hotel is likely not an affordable option for families with kids because of the costs. However, I think it's a nice choice for business travelers and couples without children IF you are prepared to pay. I would rate the hotel a 5 were it not for the greedy, frivolous and insulting pricing scheme.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear tvlawyer,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We were very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We were, however, disappointed to read that you felt the $20.00 Resort Charge was excessive. We understand that there are hotel/motels in the area that may not charge for the items included in our Resort Charge, but we are competitive with other resorts/hotels of our caliber and offer quality services and amenities in our guest rooms. We are always listening to our guests and appreciate your candid feedback. We hope to see you bck again the next time your travels bring you to Orlando. Regards, the Hilton Orlando
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

This Hilton Hotel is beautiful and the rooms were well appointed. We chose this hotel because of the pool/Lazy River/Hot Tub. The facilities were very nice, no complaints, BUT the outdoor staff were too busy socializing with one another. They would carry a tray with one drink out to a customer and return to the bar with an empty tray even though there were empty glasses and litter sitting around. Poor attitude.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you were able to experience the hotel and enjoy your time with us. I have shared your candid feedback with my Leadership Team for comment, action and staff training. We are always listening to our guests and appreciate your comments. We do hope that you will return to the hotel should your travel bring you back to Orlando. Regards, the Hilton Orlando
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I would definitely return to this hotel! I was in town on business and chose to stay here rather than where the conference was being held. Not only did I never regret that decision, but some of the other attendees said they wished they had realized there was a Hilton so close, as they would have preferred to stay there!
The facility is beautiful, the rooms are clean and roomy, and the staff was more than helpful from the time I checked in until I checked out. Check-in was fast and friendly. When I messed up my internet access (free to HHonors folks) they very graciously credited my account and reset the connection so I could log on properly. I spent some time poolside getting some work done in the beautiful weather. The staff came over in a timely, but not pushy, manner to ask if I needed anything and leave a menu with me. They checked in periodically to make sure I was ok, but never did I feel pressured to order. The fitness facility is one of the best I've seen!! A true workout facility, located inside the spa, there were plenty of machines, all equipped with their own TVs, so be sure to bring your earpods down with you. Towels are readily available. There appeared to be a good selection of weights and workout balls with exercise mats on the floor. The bed was super comfy, despite being equipped with those new smaller pillows (I won't ever get used to those, but that's not Hilton's fault). It's definitely a hotel I would consider staying in with my family for the trip we are planning early next year - easily located off the highway and centrally located for dining and attractions. For a day away from the parks, the zero-entry pool and lazy river make a great alternative!

Green Features: What's not to like about a hotel taking active steps towards being green-er??
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mensamomof3,
Thank you for taking the time to write such great comments about your recent stay with us. We were so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back real soon. Regards, the Hilton Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

If you travel to Orlando - stay in the Hilton Orlando. Hotel is situated next to Universal with view to Seaworld. The rooms are nice, cleand and big enough. The staff at the front desk is very friendly. The pool area is the best ever see in Floriday the lazy river a lot of Fun for everybody. Monika from the Poolbar was soooo nice we loved her thank you sweetheart Monika for ecerything. Sure if we come back to Orlando we will stay 100% at this hotel. Miss it allready. Franziska (Room 1993 was great)

Stayed October 2013
2 Thank fphabegger
Dear fphabegger,
Thank you sou much for your recent review in Trip Advisor. I have shared your comments with all departments and with Monika from Tropics to let her know that she played an important role in imaking your stay memorable and enjoyable. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Orlando. Regards, the Hilton Orlando
Kalamazoo, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed at the Orlando Hilton Resort for a business trip. The staff was extremely accommodating and friendly. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The restaurant, Spencer's Steakhouse, was delicious. The pool area has a lazy river, and great poolside bar and restaurant with friendly servers who serve you while you lay out. Overall, a great experience!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Jeff H.,
Thank you so much for your recent review in Trip Advisor. We appreciate your great comments and we were very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again and we hope to see you back real soon! Regards, the Hilton Orlando