“Great stay!”

Hilton Orlando
Ranked #54 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I would definitely return to this hotel! I was in town on business and chose to stay here rather than where the conference was being held. Not only did I never regret that decision, but some of the other attendees said they wished they had realized there was a Hilton so close, as they would have preferred to stay there!
The facility is beautiful, the rooms are clean and roomy, and the staff was more than helpful from the time I checked in until I checked out. Check-in was fast and friendly. When I messed up my internet access (free to HHonors folks) they very graciously credited my account and reset the connection so I could log on properly. I spent some time poolside getting some work done in the beautiful weather. The staff came over in a timely, but not pushy, manner to ask if I needed anything and leave a menu with me. They checked in periodically to make sure I was ok, but never did I feel pressured to order. The fitness facility is one of the best I've seen!! A true workout facility, located inside the spa, there were plenty of machines, all equipped with their own TVs, so be sure to bring your earpods down with you. Towels are readily available. There appeared to be a good selection of weights and workout balls with exercise mats on the floor. The bed was super comfy, despite being equipped with those new smaller pillows (I won't ever get used to those, but that's not Hilton's fault). It's definitely a hotel I would consider staying in with my family for the trip we are planning early next year - easily located off the highway and centrally located for dining and attractions. For a day away from the parks, the zero-entry pool and lazy river make a great alternative!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Mensamomof3,
Thank you for taking the time to write such great comments about your recent stay with us. We were so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back real soon. Regards, the Hilton Orlando

Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

If you travel to Orlando - stay in the Hilton Orlando. Hotel is situated next to Universal with view to Seaworld. The rooms are nice, cleand and big enough. The staff at the front desk is very friendly. The pool area is the best ever see in Floriday the lazy river a lot of Fun for everybody. Monika from the Poolbar was soooo nice we loved her thank you sweetheart Monika for ecerything. Sure if we come back to Orlando we will stay 100% at this hotel. Miss it allready. Franziska (Room 1993 was great)

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank fphabegger

Dear fphabegger,
Thank you sou much for your recent review in Trip Advisor. I have shared your comments with all departments and with Monika from Tropics to let her know that she played an important role in imaking your stay memorable and enjoyable. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Orlando. Regards, the Hilton Orlando

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed at the Orlando Hilton Resort for a business trip. The staff was extremely accommodating and friendly. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The restaurant, Spencer's Steakhouse, was delicious. The pool area has a lazy river, and great poolside bar and restaurant with friendly servers who serve you while you lay out. Overall, a great experience!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Jeff H.,
Thank you so much for your recent review in Trip Advisor. We appreciate your great comments and we were very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again and we hope to see you back real soon! Regards, the Hilton Orlando

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Overall, I had a very nice and relaxed experience at this facility. I have stayed at other Hilton Hotels and been disappointed at the overall condition and level of services. My worst experience was at the Hilton in Guam... definitely a neglected facility at that time (early 2000's). It may have been due to issues with the franchisee... not sure. As a result of these past experiences, when I found out that we were at the Hilton, I had negative pre-conceptions based on these past experiences and did not really want to stay here, however the event was at this facility and as a result chose to stay at the Hilton Orlando. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised with this facility and my experience there has changed my perspective on the Hilton Brand.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Cnsfla,
Thank you for your recent posting on Trip Advisor. We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that we surprised you and that we exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you come back to the hotel the next time your travels bring you to Orlando. Regards, the Hilton Orlando

Reviewed October 15, 2013

The Hotel is a very large convention center hotel. It is clean and will do the job, but very dated and bland. The pool and gym are ok. The decor is, at best- retro. For similar cost, the Hyatt, also attached to the massive convention center, is a much nicer stay.

For non- convention goers, the I-Drive Convention area is a good middle ground for Universal, SeaWorld , and Disney.

Part of your convention hotel choice should be based on what end of the convention center your convention is located. It takes at least a 25 minutes to walk from one end to the other- at least. The Orange County staff all drive segways within the complex- so keep that in mind. My Convention had a bus to the other side of the convention center that everyone used-fyi. There is a reason why this is the "overflow" hotel.

Dear BryanK8129,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I take all criticisms of our hotel seriously and appreciate your feedback. Regards, the Hilton Orlando

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Orlando over the weekend while attending a friend's birthday party. I was able to book the hotel on Priceline for $70 by using the "name your own price" feature. This seemed like a great deal for a four star hotel until we were charged an additional $20 plus tax for a "hotel fee". The front desk explained this fee was charged to every guest for use of the pool, fitness center, discounts in the hotel restaurant, and WiFi regardless of your length of stay or if you utilize these ammenities. Many other, lower rated hotels offer these services for FREE to their guests. If you valet your vehicle, be prepared to spend $23 per day for parking. The staff at the pool bar is not very friendly and they will charge your tab a 20% gratuity no matter what you write in for the tip. On a happier note, the hotel is clean, modern, and offers nice accommodations. The pool is a good size and there is a lazy river. The hotel is conveniently located to many attractions.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank PinkFlamingo4

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent posting on Trip Advisor. We were very pleased to read that ultimately you enjoyed your stay with us. We were, however, disappointed to read that you felt the $20.00 Resort Charge was excessive. We understand that there are hotel/motels in the area that may not charge for the items included in our Resort Charge, but we are competitive with other Resorts/Hotels of our caliber and offer quality services and amenities in our guest rooms. We are always listening to our guests and appreciate your candid feedback. Thank you again for choosing the Hilton Orlando.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights for a conference and was very happy with the hotel. My room was clean and comfortable. It sounds menial, but I was very pleased by the fact that the drapes fully covered the windows and darkened the room fully in the morning so I could sleep throgh sunrise. (In too many hotels, the drapes dont fully close and black out the room ).

The hotel staff was attentive and polite and when I had a small issue, I brought it to the attention of management and they were quick to respond in a way that I felt was sincere and appropriate.

I was impressed by the staff in the bistro. Through a football Sunday afternoon, they were helpful without being overbearing and they were efficent and friendly even though I was just watching the games and wasnot buying a lot of drinks. I appreciated that.

If I were attending a convention at the Orange County Convntion Center, this would have been the perfect spot. But my conference was at the Hilton's conference facility and it was well managed and done very well. The banquet meals were very good and nicely served. The session venues were comfortable and clean.

Overall, a very good hotel for business meetings. I only wish I had time to try out the recreational facilities like the pool and health club.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear FanofHockey,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Orlando! We are so glad you were able to experience and enjoy our authentic Hilton hospitality! I have shared your comments with all departments; especially those in David's Club and the Bistro, to let them know they played an important part in making your stay memorable and enjoyable. We hope to see you return real soon. Regards, the Hilton Orlando