“Outstanding Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Hobart, Indiana
“Outstanding Hotel”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This hotel is just as nice as the pictures showed it to be. Great location off international drive close to all the restaurants and nightlife. We loved the pool and lazy river, the entire area was beautiful. The staff was friendly, professional and helpful. We got a pool view which was great, the room looked new and clean. This was outstanding value, Hilton Gold members got use of the executive floor (19th). They served a continental breakfast and snacks in the evening. I will return to this hotel in the spring!

Room Tip: ask for a pool view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Al H.,
We love to receive accolades such as yours! Thalnk you so much for taking the time to write about our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back at your next stay! Regards, the Hilton Orlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (940)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My family and I decided to stay at this hotel as a last minute getaway idea. This has been our second visit and once again it was superb. I was checked in by Mr. Joshua Kirkland, whom treated us like we were VIPs. Since it was a last minute booking, I did not find the type of room that I've gotten in the past. I mentioned this to Josh and he not only upgraded our room for free, he also gave us breakfast for free. My kids love the pool here. Unlike some of the other hotels on I-Drive, where kids may not be allowed to go down the pool slide due to height restrictions, this hotel provides life vests for the little ones so that everyone can have fun. This is better than having to explain to a 5 year old that he's not tall enough to go down a slide despite the fact that he's known how to swim since he was 1. My family and I truly enjoy this hotel and we will continue to visit here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Angel L.,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Orlando! We were so glad to hear you came back for another stay and were again able to enjoy the hotel and all its amenities! I have shared your comments with all department heads and in particular, Josh, to him know he played an important role in making your stay memorable and enjoyable. We hope to see you return real soon. Regards, the Hilton Orlando
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Our honeymoon in Florida didn't start out exactly as we'd planned it, given that our travel agents had booked us into the wrong hotel! We were in the Doubletree by Hilton at South Ivanhoe Boulevard, on the opposite side of downtown Orlando from where we wanted to be. Once that was all resolved, coming to the Hilton Orlando stressed, tired and annoyed at having to waste precious hours of our honeymoon was like walking into a dream. The hotel was impeccable- the room itself was lovely and modern and the overall decor was outstanding. More than that, though, the service was fantastic- we had incredible service both at the front desk from Steph and Kendyl and from every one of the waitresses inside David's Club, one of the restaurants. Everybody was absolutely lovely and made us feel very welcome, and turned our initially stressful honeymoon into a wonderful, relaxing week that let us enjoy Disney World and the other theme parks in full. Could not recommend highly enough! (our travel agents, however, STA Travel- I can say nothing positive about how they handled the situation. Not recommended at all!)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Chris M.,
Thank you for your great review of our hotel in Trip Advisor. We are so pleased to hear you were able to experience and enjoy our Hilton hospitality while spending your honeymoon week with us! I have shared your comments with my entire Leadership Team and in particular with Steph and Kendyl, from the Front Desk, to let them know they played an important role in making your stay with us memorable and enjoyable. Congratulations and may you have a wonderful life together! Come back to visit us real soon. Regards, the Hilton Orlando
radvisor99
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed 1 night in September for my wife's birthday. We were looking for a place with a lazy river and the Hilton was about $50 cheaper per night than the Omni on that particular weekend.

As eluded, we have stayed at the Omni in the past and love the lazy river there.

The Hilton Orlando was a very nice hotel with a nice room and a huge bathroom.

Although we did not appreciate the fee to self-park ($12-$15 can't remember exactly), the self parking was very easy with the parking lot very close to the lobby unlike some other hotels in the area (Rosen Inn comes to mind).

The pool area was nice, with a huge family pool complete with zero-entry on both ends, a large palm tree looking fountain on one end, and a two-goal basketball setup in the family pool.

There was also a more private pool for people without kids.

The lazy river was near the family pool, and although it was not bad, I like the river at the Omni better. I couldn't quite put a finger on it, but I think it was the fact that the lazy river at the Omni seemed more private, with only a few spots along the river that had loungers adjacent to the river. At the Hilton Orlando however, loungers lined the entire river. I don't know what bothered me about that, but again the Omni river seemed to be more serene. One final note on the river, they don't seem to have enough inner tubes. We stood there for a while waiting for someone to give up a tube, and finally decided to go without one. We had to stay on our toes to scoop up a couple of tubes when the opportunity arrived - another sort of uncomfortable element. I guess they do this to control the number of guests on the river, but it was a little frustrating.

We checked out on a Sunday and I went down to the hotel bar/restaurant and watched some football while the wife went shopping at the nearby Vineland Outlet mall. The bar was very nicely appointed and had a great area with 4 or 5 large LCD TVs with a different game on each. The seating in front of each TV were a set of 8 nice comfy living room type chairs next to small coffee tables. This was a great setup and better than going to a sports bar in my opinion because of the comfy seating combined with the smaller crowds.The drinks and food were pricier, but I felt they were worth it for the comfortable set up. Also, they give you a card for 15% off when you check-in, so that helped cut the cost a little.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear radvisor99,
Thank you for taking the time to write such extensive comments about your experience at the Hilton Orlando. We were glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to experience our Hilton hospitality. We appreciate your choosing to stay with us and for sharing your thoughts with other readers on Trip Advisor. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Regards, the Hilton Orlando
Sunnyvale, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Me and the family very much enjoyed our stay at Hilton Orlando. Great pool area and friendly personnel. Beds were very comfortable. Strongly recommend staying here. The hotel is close to both Universal and Disney, abiut in between. There is a good resturant selection within 5-10 minutes drive from hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Pierre G.,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Orlando. We were delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel and all its amenities. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to the Orlando area. Regards, the Hilton Orlando
Melbourne Australia
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed here as a family of 5 for 2 nights on our Orlando trip and it was great. We got a special that included Seaworld tickets, with a wristband for all day food so it was a great deal.

We loved the hotel. It is very big and conference like and they charge you for everything - wifi and business centre just so I could print off the Seaworld tickets but the rates are quite reasonable.

We had the daily buffet breakfast which was nice.

I drove myself to the outlets alone leaving husband at hotel with children at night. It was close to get to and I didn't have to make many turns (Australian driver so I was a bit stressed with the opposite side). Would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Oztink,
Thank you so much for your recent stay at the Hilton Orlando. We were so glad to hear you were able to experience and enjoy our Hilton hospitality! We are very close to two major shopping outlet malls and we enjoyed reading about your driving adventure; you were very brave to venture out by yourself! We hope to see you back at the Hilton Orlando should your travels bring you back to the Orlando area. Warm Regards, the Hilton Orlando
Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Second time that my wife and I stayed here. We stayed club level both times. We would stay again, but not club level...not worth it for a couple. We typically stay concierge level whenever we book a hotel for the simple convenience of breakfast. Their concierge breakfast is carb heavy without proteins. For health conscience people like ourselves, hard boiled eggs would be a good addition. This sounds trivial, but with Denny's , McDonalds and IHOP within walking distance across the street, those were less expensive options.
This does sound a little trivial, but combine that with thin walls, baby screaming, high-priced parking, and sloooow pool service, and that was after paying $175 for a cabana. I dropped my rating a notch.

For some reason, the lobby bar was closed on a Friday night. The club was open, but nosier. The on-site Starbucks was good to have, but on all 3 visits, the coffee was weak.

The beds are comfortable, walk in show terrific, and check in was a breeze.

We will definitely stay here again, but with lower expectations, and not club level. I would recommend club level for a family because it is easier and cheaper that the hotel restaurants.

1 Thank Steve S
Dear Steve S.,
Thank you for your recent posting on Trip Advisor and for your recent stay. We value your loyalty and appreciate your candid feedback as we take all criticisms seriously and appreciate the time you took to let us know of the issues you encountered. Your patronage is important to me and to everyone at the Hilton Orlando as we all aspire to ensure that all of our guests receive an exceptional experience. I am sorry that we did not achieve this goal and commit that we will do better. I have shared your comments with my Leadership team for their comment, action and training. Thank you again and we do hope that you will return to the hotel should your travels bring you back to Orlando. Regards, the Hilton Orlando