Hilton Orlando
$161
$227
$208
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$137
$122
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$189
$135
Agoda.com
$314
$255
Sheraton.com
  • Restaurant
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$209
$164
Hotwire.com
$515
$458
Travelocity
5,585 results
All reviewslazy riverconvention centerthe executive loungedavid's clubpool areagreat hotelcovered walkwayfire pitquiet pooladult poolbasketball courtself parkinginternational driveresort feeattending a conferencegreat poolsea world
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I accompanied my husband for a conference. We stayed 3 nights. I usally attend this conference to catch up on my paperwork. The cost was not out of my pocket, so I cannot give an accounting. I did hear, upon check-in, that the resort fee was a stiff $20/day. From the moment we arrived, I noticed how polite and well trained the employees are. Each of them addressed us by name, when possible.

I recently had foot surgery and everyone was quite accomodating. When I realized that the conference center was at least a 10 minute walk, we decided to rent a scooter from Scootarama. It was a smooth transaction and it was delivered to us within 30 minutes. It really made my life easier as the hotel is quite large.

I thought the decor was beautiful. I enjoy looking at the details of buildings, being in real estate and coming from a developer background. Our room was very comfortable. The large window overlooked the pool. We were in room 851. The bathroom was not large, but more than adequate. The shower was instantly hot and the water pressure was good.

I was in the room one day when housekeeping arrived to clean. They were very thorough. The extra blanket on my bed appeared to have a stain (I didn't notice it), so they promptly replaced it.

I truly enjoyed working from this room. The desk was spacious. There was a keyboard underdesk that I took out and placed all my paperwork on. There were several outlets that were easy to reach.

I thought the food for the conference was very good., It included items that I don't usually see at functions. While I realize the conference leader made the choices, at least the choices were there. Some of the choices included oysters, crabmeat, scallops, Cuban sandwiches, roast beef (just to name a few). I tried to stay away from too much food! There was a basil lemonade that was also very tasty.

We ate at David's one night. It had an enjoyable atmosphere. Two of us chose the shrimp flatbread that I thought was good.

Lunch was more of a challenge. One day, the hotel opened an area for a "grab and go" lunch that took entirely too long to get. There was one cashier. The next day, we ate by the grill at the pool. When all the conferences break for lunch at the same time, the wait staff gets overloaded. The fish wrap that I had was good and the service good once they were able to take care of us.

The grounds are very pretty. There is a family pool with slide and basketball; an adult pool, whirlpool (in the adult area) and a lazy river pool. With time being limited, I was only able to take advantage of the whirlpool for short periods twice. The pools are heated. At night, they light two large fire pits. The pools did not seem too active until Friday night. Perhaps more families came in for the weekend.

I have stayed at the Rosen Centre, Rosen Plaza and The Peabody all in this same location. I have enjoyed them all. This was a very relaxing visit and I would return.

Room Tip: Our room (851) overlooked the pool and the east. I don't know the other rooms.
3  Thank ThompsonDM
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear ThompsonDM,
Thank you for your great comments about your recent stay with us and for writing such an extensive review of our hotel. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with other readers of Trip Advisor. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your room and its amenities, conference food and beverage, the hotel grounds and that you enjoyed our whirlpools. We hope that you will come back soon to visit us again. In the meantime, safe travels. Kind regards, the Hilton Orlando

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We found all of the facilty to be great! The entire staff was awesome also. We enjoyed the stay and hope to come back in the future. The pool areas are great for people of all ages. Not sure why I need 200 characters for this review though??
Larry

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Larry P
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Larry P.,
Thank you for your kind remarks about your recent stay with us. We hope to see you return again real soon! Warm regards, the Hilton Orlando

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Watch out for your wallet. This hotel charges for every little thing. I'm surprised they don't charge for additional bags in your room.

The hotel is not wired for business. If you need anything, expect additional charges. If you want to plug your laptop into the TV like you can do at Marriott-- it's $100. Hold on to your receipt. You're likely to find yourself overcharged. Since they are paper based, they can't resolve your problem without your copy.

Internet-- $14.95 a day.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.

Dear chris j.,
Thank you for writing about your experience at our hotel. We are so sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations. Your comments and observations have been shared with our Management Team so that we can improve. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. Regards, the Hilton Orlando

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Attended convention for 4 nights. Hotel is relatively new and the decor is still fresh - albeit somewhat Hiltonesque (predictable decor). Staff are well-trained, professional and efficient at managing the demands of the guests and coordinating the needs of the conference. Appreciate the free wifi and access to the generous workout facility. Although the Hotel has a good selection of restaurants, it is located close to a number of nice restaurants (15-20 min walk) at Pointe Orlando - which is convenient for offsite networking meetings with fellow conference attendees. The food at the hotel was adequate although priced somewhat high - for the quality of food offered (value for money).

1  Thank Seng100

Dear Seng100,
Thank you for writing about your experience at ouor hotel. However, we were sorry to read that we did not meet all of your expectations. Your review has been shared with our leadership team to ensure your next visit will be a positive one. Regards, the Hilton Orlando.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

This hotel is very well organized to support the Convention Center next door. The staff consistently made me feel the hotel was smaller and personal than it actually is.
Reception was quick and friendly.
Valet and bell staffs were also well above average.
Room was nice, but nothing special. The bathroom was clean, but very plain.
Air conditioning worked well.
I loved the bed.
I was very very unhappy with TV. There were numerous channels that had poor digital signals that were pixelated.
The hotel was expensive, and had annoying fees. Internet was $15 per day per device!
I am sad to say the memories I will have of the hotel are the costs.

Dear Pine129,
Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay with us. I have shared your negative comments regarding your experience with the TV with our leadership team. Regarding your comments about the hotel costs; we do offer a $20.00 Resort Charge, that had you taken advantage of it, you would have received:
Unliminted guestroom high speed internet access (thus eliminating the $14.95 charge for each device);
Unlimited local, toll free and domestic long distance calls,
Complimentary 24 hour fitness center access
Complimentary recreation activities & equipment
A 15% discount on food & Beverage at Hotel restaurants and bars (excluding taxes & gratuities). The Tropics Grill and Bar is excluded from this offer.
We were disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations for an exceptional stay and thank you again for your candid review. Regards, the Hilton Orlando