“Great experience”

Hilton Orlando
Ranked #54 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We checked into the Hilton after checking out of our Hyatt Cypress Creek reservation after just one hour.

We were a bit concerned because the property is adjacent to the convention center and sometimes those hotels show a lot of wear. Not here. The hotel is current and clean; well attended by staff. The heated pool and lazy river were important to match for our kids and the water fun here was great for them; the pool bar and wait service was great for us. The rate was pretty standard for what we were paying ($109 plus resort fee and parking) and the hotel was well placed for our trips to SeaWorld, Magic Kingdom and Universal. We ate at the Bistro and were surprised with chocolate covered strawberries after telling the waiter why we had just checked in - nice! The Marketplace was surprisingly well-priced, not exorbitant like so many hotel markets, even for snacks, beer and wine. We didn't get to hit the two firepits by the pool, but they were big and nicely placed. There is a wealth of restaurants for every taste and budget very close by on International Drive... from iHop to Fogo de Chao.

The only two shortcomings were the concierge staff and confusion over the internet/printing access for guests:

Internet access is included in the resort fee, but we never received the "login" promised via the website and had daily internet charges on our bill; sometimes more than one charge. Promptly removed, but it was still a hassle I don't usually have at other Hilton properties when I use my HHonors login.

When I asked the concierge team about printing my Seaworld tickets they directed me to the business center. The business center charges $6+ for 15 minutes of access and an additional fee to print per page. I returned to the concierge desk and was assured this was my only option. After paying so we could get on our way, I discovered that night in the services directory that up to 11 pages may be printed to the front desk via an online service offered. I did this to print our boarding passes from the room. Even the gentleman checking us out didn't seem familiar with the service and it took a long time for him to get and print our passes.

A bit odd for internet access and printing to be such a hassle these days. This would concern me more if a business trip.

All in all though, very pleased with our stay and would definitely recommend for a family trip.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ChrisandKimP
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear ChrisandKimP,
Thank you for taking the time to post your extensive review of the Hilton Orlando. I was please to read that for the most part, you did enjoy the hotel and its amenities. I have shared your feedback with our leadership to act on and use as a training tool to ensure that your next visit with us will be a very positive one. Regards, the Hilton Orlando

There are newer reviews for Hilton Orlando

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton over Thanksgiving weekend. We had adjoining rooms since we have 3 kids. Rooms were very clean and the service was great throughout the hotel. My only complaint is you have to pay for the gym, wifi and parking. I would rather pay more upfront than be charged for everything. However, it is a very nice hotel and we would stay here again! It's very close to Seaworld.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear mommy3girls,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We were very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will come back to visit us real soon. Regards, the Hilton Orlando

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Orlando recently for a show at the attached Orange County Convention Center. The hotel is connected to the center via a covered walkway, so it was quite convenient.
The hotel definitely caters to business people on expense accounts. The lobby bar is nice with good service. There is a restaurant on the lower level for breakfast and lunch and the service is generally quite good there. The breakfast (I didn’t eat lunch) is the standard upscale hotel buffet, which was fine. If you’re interested in a quick muffin and coffee for breakfast (or sandwich for lunch) there’s a shop on the main level that can accommodate you. There’s also an upscale steakhouse which looked very nice, but I didn’t eat there.
The room was fine, but fairly standard. Mine had queen beds, so my suitcase was parked on the unused bed for the week. The housekeeping was good, and somehow the maid never showed up when I was in the room. Of course, there was a daily charge for the internet, which was very spotty. It cut out often and I’d have to re-connect. It seems like when you’re paying 15 times the rate you pay at home for service, it ought to be better than it was at the Hilton Orlando.
The staff was generally very helpful. They did miss my wakeup call the first day, but fortunately I awoke on time. I did set my phone alarm for a backup on the day I had a 7 a.m. flight though!
The fitness center was attached to a spa. There were many machines and all seemed to be in good working order. I didn’t avail myself of the spa services or the pool, so I can’t comment on them.
Self parking is actually quite convenient. It was easy to park right off the lobby.
This is a fine hotel if you’re attending a nearby convention, but it’s not cheap. Families might like it elsewhere in the area. Also, the hotel is at the far end of International Drive, so you’ll have to drive or take a cab to many of the restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear socalsteve19,
Thank you for your feedback of our hotel. We have shared your comments with all department heads mentioned in your posting to ensure your next visit will be a positive one. Regards, the Hilton Orlando

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Great staff, great pool and an amazing lobby. We had Thanksgiving dinner in the sports bar and Blanca was great! She made our table of 8 feel at home on the holidays! She was also very attentive to some food allergies and dinner requests as two family members are vegan. Executive lounge was great for breakfast in the morning and that staff ran it like a well oiled machine! Never a mess or any food missing and done with a smile.

One issue with housekeeping - we had a parlor room with sleeper sofa couch and the couch was not made when we arrived. Seems to me that as the only bed in the room it should have have sheets and a duvet on it! Also the first day we were there the housekeeper took our 4 towels and left 2, on the second day 4 were taken and 4 were replaced along with other bathroom items.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jacob_ruck_
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear jacob_ruck_
Thank you for your recent review and your recent stay at the Hilton Orlando. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Blanca was helpful. We all aspire to ensure that all of our guests received an exceptional experience. Your comment regarding housekeeping has been shared with the Housekeeping managers and will be addressed with the departmental team members. We hope to see you return real soon. Happy Holidays. Regards, the Hilton Orlando

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We visit Florida frequently & love to stay at Hilton Orlando. The front desk team give a warm welcome. Josh & Jasmine in the Exec. Lounge were so helpful. The restaurant & pool staff were great too. They all ensure that everyone enjoys their stay.
We spent the cooler evenings by the fire pits toasting marshmallows. Great fun !
I am looking forward to bringing my grandchildren here next summer. I know they will love the lazy river, water slide & fantastic pool area.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms have the best view
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Jenny G,
Thank you for your review. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and we have shared your comments with the Hilton Orlando Team and in particular Josh & Jasmine in the Exec. Lounge, Tropics staff and the Recreation staff. All of us are passionate about our hotel and always enjoy hearing of great stays. We hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Orlando real soon! Happy Holidays. Regards, the Hilton Orlando.

Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We arrived Friday after Thanksgiving for our adventure to Magic Kingdom! As Hilton Honors members we were invited to an upgrade of a suite! Beautiful room over looking the pool! We had access to the executive lounge which provided us with a healthy breakfast. My boys, 11 & 7 loved the hotel! The lazy river, basketball courts and s'mores at night by firepits! We stay here every year and look forward to next year! Great staff, always smiling and willing to help!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank savagetan

Dear savagetan,
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay with us and hope that you enjoyed the adventures found at the Magic Kingdom! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Orlando real soon. Happy Holidays! Regards, the Hilton Orlando

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have never stayed at a Hilton hotel before so I don't know if the are all this way, all of the staff I encountered went out if their way to be friendly, helpful and hospitable. The room was not too big but was very clean and very quiet. We had people staying on both sides of us but never heard them at all nor did we hear anyone on the floor above us. Pool area was well maintained and very clean as well.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Christan S,
We just wanted to take a minute of your time to thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We were so glad you were able to experience Hilton Orlando's authentic hospitality. We look forward to seeing you soon. Regards, the Hilton Orlando