“Very nice hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Richmond, Virginia
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed here last week for a conference. I had a few different hotels to choose from, but I ultimately chose the Hilton based on proximity to the Orange County Conference Center and the resort-style amenities. It turned out to be a great pick. Service at the hotel was exceptional. Even though the hotel was packed, check-in was quick and easy, staff was helpful, and housekeeping was very thorough. Getting a taxi was quick and easy with a line of them waiting at any given time in the hotel's driveway. The room itself was standard, but well-appointed: comfy king-size bed, desk, mini-fridge, flat screen tv, chair w/ ottoman,etc. Only thing missing was a luggage stand, which I definitely could have used. The room and bathroom were both spacious. The color scheme and decor in the room is modern, but neutral. None of those blindingly bright colors that some hotels seem to think is so great these days.
This hotel is full service so while I may not have paid such a high rate to stay here if this were on my dime, you have to factor in that there are a whole host of other amenities that they provide which affects the rate. For instance, we were all set to go to Kobe (chain restaurant) for a sushi/hibachi dinner when I decided to ask the advice of the concierge just before heading out. They suggested a local sushi/hibachi place called Oishi which was closer, and cheaper. We ate there instead and were very pleased. Also, they had a huge fitness room with modern equipment, which they normally charge $10/day for, but sometimes it is complimentary depending on what conference group you're with (hint hint). The pool/lazy river were a huge factor in my decision to pick this property, even though I didn't even get a chance to enjoy it! I did walk around the area though, and I fully expected the lazy river to be small and one big circle, but it isn't! It's quite lengthy and probably very relaxing as its surrounded by shrubbery and plants and even incorporates mini waterfalls via fountains. I also enjoyed their bar/lounge area, David's club. They had local beers on tap and a variety of yummy-sounding bar food items. I ordered the steak and cheese egg rolls to share which were yummy, but the portion was very small for the price. That was a little disappointing. We had breakfast one morning at the Bistro where they do a typical breakfast buffet with a nice spread of hot and cold items and an omelette station for a not so typical price of $22/person. I left satisfied, and the food was great, but for a family of 4 breakfast here would not be cost-efficient.
The hotel is about a 15 minute walk to the conference center (west concourse), and super easy if the weather is nice. I walked a couple times, but took a shuttle (provided by my conference group) more often than not because it was just easier and quicker.
Bottom line is this hotel is huge, and equipped to deal with several conferences at once very seamlessly. It's a great business-class hotel with amenities and great service galore and I would highly recommend it to anyone needing a place to stay for a conference. I would not, however, recommend it for families looking to stick to a budget.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear vacationistaRVA,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor. We hope to see you return again soon. In the meantime, safe travels. Regards, the Hilton Orlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (913)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed at Hilton Orlando from the 5th. of October to the 19th. of October, for pure leisure.The hotels was more than terrific, the room on the 18th. floor was so comfortable - nice and quiet. We had a bit of issues with the cleaning, but after just one call to the manager this was taken care of immediately. The staff has to be one of the best things about this Hilton Hotel. Everyone was so very sweet and nice, especially the morning staff in the executive room was so smiling and accommodating that one could not leave there without being in a good mood. Every issue we had, whether it was taxies or anything else was immediately taken serious and the staff did everything in their power to be of assistance. I have to especially recommend the restaurant at the hotel called Spencer's - it is pricey but worth every single dime you spend, the food is outstanding and the service extremely good, Pool area is wonderful with also a quiet area that is shielded from the family area so those of us who wish so can have some peace and quiet relaxation. The hotel is situated just 10-15 minutes from downtown Disney and 10 minutes from Universal and Epcot. Seaworld and Wet'n Wild is about 5-10 minutes away. Be aware that if you are going by taxi, only the Yellow cabs marked Checkers, can enter Disney with out an entrance fee of 14usd.All in all this Hilton hotel gets a full 5 stars and I have already book my next stay in February.

Room Tip: Higher floors has an amazing view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Lilian L,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel recently posted on Trip Advisor. We were so pleased to hear you enjoyed the hotel and the Staff. Spencer's is a wonderful restaurant and glad to hear you had a good time there as well. Again, thank you and we hope to see you back at the hotel real soon. Regards, the Hilton Orlando
La Porte, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my husband and two kids, we chose this place because it is close to the Disney parks. I loved this hotel, simply put...it's a Hilton. I love Hilton hotels because they always have high end amenities. The beds are very comfortable with the signature down comforters and pillows. You can do self parking for $14/day or valet for about $20/day. I would recommend self parking as it is conveniently placed very close to the back lobby entrance with easy access to floor elevators. Room service is quite pricey if you are ordering for more than two people which is typical of room service so no points lost for that. They also have a late ordering menu for the night owls :) The concierge was very helpful in resolving any issues that we may have had. My husband sent his clothes out for laundry not knowing we would be leaving before it was ready, the from desk assured us they would mail it, which they did. The pool is huge and very kid friendly with a lazy river, the pool is supposed to be heated but to my surprise the water was cold (October). The slide was the highlight of the pool according to my kid. The breakfast buffet was top of the line with a variety of healthy foods, fruit, yogurts and juices just to name a few things. The buffet had a huge variety of food for everyone. Sadly I did not have time to check out the spa at this visit. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lizette V
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear JolieM,
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. We hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels. Regards, the Hilton Orlando
Edgewater, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed here this past Friday (10/26/2012) for a night after attending the Spooky Empire convention. I was thoroughly impressed with our room (1667) and how it was arranged and designed. The space was equipped with ample seating, plenty of lighting and a very nice LCD flat-screen TV that swivels back and forth for better viewing from all angles. The furniture is beautiful and not just your average cheap hotel furniture. It was actually all very comfortable. The bathroom is massive and came stocked with a large assortment of towels, soaps and other bathroom orientated items. The AC blows ice-cold which would obviously be a plus for someone who may want to stay there sometime during the hot summer months. My only dislike was the mattress being as hard as it was. Other than this, we had a pleasant stay and would do it again.

Room Tip: The view from the higher floor is nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sean32127,
Thank you for your review and for your recent stay at the Hilton Orlando. So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. We look forward to seeing you again real soon.
Regards, the Hilton Orlando.
dallas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

The best thing about this hotel is 90% of the staff are friendly and helpful. The location is nice because it's a short walk to the convention center. The rooms are average, they are clean and smell nice...but my keys stopped working twice and my bill was screwed up. It was a pain to see friends in other rooms on lower floors because you have to go all the way to the lobby, change elevators and then go back up but they can't do anything about that. The bar has a good cosmo but the music is a little loud for some reason. I HIGHLY recommend that you check out the spa while you're there. The receptionist (Jennifer or Jessica) is really happy and accommodating. Amanda gave me a deep tissue massage and it was excellent!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Happytraveler1979,
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We shared your review with Jessica and Amanda and all the team members at The Spa to let them know that they were instrumental in your having a great stay with us. We hope to see you again real soon. Regards, the Hilton Orlando
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed here for a business trip - it was definitely nicer than an average Hilton. It all felt brand new and was closely linked to the convention center. Good price too. I tried the "gastro pub" in the evening and that wasn't great... Freezing cold with loud TVs and not great food. But hey, it's a chain hotel restaurant!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank BostonianBrit
Dear BostonianBrit,
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel but we were very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your time in David's Club (that is not a chain restaurant). We take your comments seriously and were shared with our David's Club team to take the necessary steps to improve those areas in the restaurant. Thank you again. Regards, the Hilton Orlando.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

It meets the Hilton standards you would expect regarding cleanliness and amenities
but is way too expensive for what you get. The pool area is nice as long as you do not look at the ugly, uninspired
structure they created here.
No place you would stay if not here for business or theme parks.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Applejodler,
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were unhappy with the room rate and our pool amenities. We will keep your feedback in mind as we constantly assess our amenities and prices to ensure we're providing our guest with the best pool experience and the best value. Again, thank you for taking the time to write your review. Regards, The Hilton Orlando