“Fantastic Weekend Getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Jacksonville, Florida
“Fantastic Weekend Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

We went here just for a weekend away and had the best time. The service was flawless, the people were so great and helpful. Our room was spotless, the pool was clean and relaxing. We got spa treatments and the staff was so great, the massages were well done. Try Spencer's - the food comes in huge portions and it is very tasty. MAKE SURE TO CHECK IN on facebook or foursquare if you go to Spencers - it will give you up to $45 in free wine if you order entrees. Don't get the mac and cheese from the room service, it was the only thing we thought was gross. Otherwise, for the money, this hotel was great. We will stay here again and just had a fantastic time.

Room Tip: Pay the little extra for the executive floor - it even has a balcony, very nice.
2 Thank Meghan L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (904)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

I am not very big on travel, but I am HUGE on luxury. The Hilton delivered just that. I spent quite some time using the pool and lazy river (outstanding), the Exec lounge (beautiful) and the Spa/Gym. I met some of the kindest people of my stay there, and all the staff seemed happy to be there.
I do want to point out a few special employees in Key areas. First off, Nicole by the Pool. She was friendly, funny, and well informed of key areas of the hotel. Al was also very kind and always had a smile for my husband and myself. The Spa...I loved the staff here! Drew greeted me, and gave me a run down of the spa services. SO sweet, so funny, so smart. Tristan noticed that I was not feeling very well, and brought me a cup of tea with honey, without me even having to ask. She was quick with any request I had, and even went out of her way to check on me, talk to me, and even send me some ginger ale and crackers in my room. I had to hug this woman when I left for the last time. Those staff in the Spa are simply amazing.
Everyone I came in contact with smiled, asked how I was, and seemed to truly care about my experience and vacation. I DO feel parking should be free, but, other than that, I had NO complaints.
If you want luxury, a good time, and people that are happy to serve...stay nowhere else but here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

Our third year back to The Hilton Orlando in August and we had another amazing two week break. We enjoyed lots of what Orlando has to offer but more importantly we just loved the pool and lazy river at the hotel, the lazy river is just fabulous and for any age - even better when the sprinklers were off!! Everyone loved it kids and grandparents alike, and we didn't even need to bother with a waterpark. Lots to do for the kids including pitch & putt, tennis, basketball and pool. One of the really friendly attendants poolside was Al, so genuinely helpful and the kids thought he was super!! I thought the gym facilities were great, would have loved a spa treatment as I do love a bit of pampering but it was a bit pricey, which was unfortunate but i'd rather spend the money on a new handbag!!
We stayed on the 15th executive floor, so handy for family, a really good breakfast and light bites in the evening. Only place some of the staff a little frosty. We also had breakfast a few times down stairs, really good selection of foods - $25 a pop!!
In the main reception area we got lots of really friendly help, Taylor in particular was super lovely, she dealt with us a few times and was just great!!
We also were lucky enough to take in Celebrations when we were there, fantastic buzz at the hotel for it!!
The biggest surprise was a beautiful cake for my sons 8th birthday which was in our room when we arrived back from our day out, he was soooooo delighted, as were we, the most beautiful cake I've tasted and such a lovely gesture from the hotel, hats off to the the staff a this hotel, it's touches like this that make us return again and again. Fantastic hotel, can't rave enough about the hotel, we'll be back, would really love to stay in the suite next time :)

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Lizbotbegs
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have mostly positive things to say about this hotel. The rooms were new and upscale. The service was great. I asked to to be put on a higher floor facing pools and they obliged. The pool, lazy river and water slide are awesome. Unfortunately they don't have a sauna

As far as food goes there were limited choices for vegetarians. They need to accommodate vegetarians to get the top ratings.

I got access to executive lounge with free breakfast. The food quality was average but it was presented very well.

Overall I had the experience of staying in an upscale place without splurging. I have paid >$300 per night in Miami and other places for more mediocre hotels.

Room Tip: nice view of the pool on easter side
2 Thank Marietta A
Long Beach, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

just go back from a convention and stayed here 3 days. It is attached to the Orange County convention center, so it is very well located. Usually I am put off by the large hotels near the convention centers, but this one had some pretty nice features not found in others. To pool was huge with a lazy river, fire pits and plenty space to spread out. The gym was large as most health clubs with brand new equipment and a good seleciton of free weights and machines. The room was spacious and hallways were well lit and clean. In fact this is one of the cleaness hotels in recent memory. The lobby bar is great for after convetion disucussions and the piano added a nice touch. The sports bar David's Club was a great place to congregate to watch football. Spencer's as far as steak house is better than some but not in the top tier. i would come back here for vaction and relax by the pool. The only bummer is the room service is very expensive. $54 for a bowl of berries, an omlette and a small pot of coffe.

Room Tip: get a room designated as pool view the view beyond the pool include downtown and other amusement par...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Essentially we have found nothing wrong with this hotel, room was clean overlooking pool, check in was efficient, staff were friendly and helpful, pool area is superb although mostly empty which is good in lots of ways but also means it is lacking in buzz, excitement, bustle - anything that makes it fun. Feels a bit flat.
Having said all that I think this is a hotel for business people, we stayed twice within 2 weeks with a break in between to attend a family wedding. There is a room tax, a hefty daily charge for parking and an exorbitant charge for using wifi. These are designed for business folk charging everything to business accounts not for ordinary holiday makers. We like the convenience of the Hilton as we can walk to the Point centre to access the restaurants but I think we may be better suited going to a Universal hotel where we can access their City Walk without driving.
We didn't use any restaurants in the hotel other than a snack at the pool.

Room Tip: We enjoyed pool view room
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

I just returned from a stay at the Hilton Orlando - I was in town for a business trip. Overall it was a nice stay at a well kept hotel.

Pros:
+ courteous and professional staff - everyone was extremely helpful and friendly
+ spacious and well-appointed rooms
+ close proximity to the convention center

Cons:
+ a bit pricey for what you get - had I been able to take advantage of the pool, spa and other amenities it may not seem as high
+ not a lot of variety in the food offerings - I ate both nights at David's and while tasty I typically eat vegetarian but there are few options
+ wireless Internet connectivity is $14.95/day but very unreliable- ended up using the wired access for the laptop

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business