“Facilities are great, watch out for gotcha's”
Review of Hilton Orlando

Hilton Orlando
Ranked #50 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Augusta GA
“Facilities are great, watch out for gotcha's”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The Hilton is a newer hotel and is well kept, pool and facilites are way better than most. Service was excellent, but not a big fan of paying for internet and parking. Hilton should just build it into the price. So be prepared for an extra $ 30 bucks a night on top of what you previously agreed to. Was also a bit put off when requesting a high floor and ended up on the bottom floor with a view of the top of a roof, ooh aah.

2 Thank johnucfsae

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (940)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Waterford
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This is an impressive property, no doubt about that. The reception is huge and polished, there are numerous bars and restaurants and the pool area is gorgeous. But I still found it a disappointing experience to stay here. Staff were impersonal and sometimes sullen and the hotels policy on wifi is the meanest I have ever come accross. On check in we were never asked if we would like our bags taken to the room or directed to the bell-hop. The rooms are fine but could do with investment, they look a bit tired and the bedside radio was capable only of a low crackling sound anytime I tried to use it. The wifi is charged at $14.95 per day PER DEVICE! So in my case, with an iPhone and an iPad it would have cost me almost $30.00 per day to use the wifi on both devices. If my wife had been with me, this could have risen to $60.00 PER DAY for us merely to access the web. I tried to discuss this policy with reception staff but there was no budging. The conciege did claim that hte hotel are working on it and suggested that if I sign up to Hilton Honours the hotel might waive one of the room charges (we had two rooms) but when I did this the hotel refused to budge. As I said at the outset, an impressive property and we had a great time in Orlando but the wifi policy alone would deter me from staying in this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank DurrusWaterford
Melbourne Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed here when we did Typhoon Lagoon & Universal for the weekend. We love Hilton Bonnet Creek and although this is a nice hotel, I still prefer bonnet creek. Parking at hotels like this is pricey anywhere you stay so although I wish no hotels charged, it is the norm. Same goes for wireless and breakfast. You want free? Stay at a Hampton Inn.

PROS:
-Pool was fun- especially the slide! And yes adults can be kids on it too! The lazy river was fun as well. I loved how there was basketball hoops in the main pool. We never played, but I thought it was very cool. Really wished the pool was open 'till 12am because I was craving the hot tub after the parks and we got back at 11pm when they closed. Dang! :)
-Room was clean and housekeeping actually left you alone if you had the do not disturb sign out which is a huge plus because I do like my privacy. Loved the massaging soap bar too!
-Breakfast buffet was good and included all drinks like juice and cappuccinos. Waffles & french toast were great. I wish I could've tried the lemon pancakes on the menu though. Yum.
-Gym, my husband said it was very impressive. I did not make it.. Judge away :)

CONS:
-Layout. I was not a fan of how the hotel was layed out. I like the bar in the main area, not to the side. Plus they didn't have a map with check in nor did they have one in your room with all the other hotel info.
-Room was HOT! Even if it was cold (never got below "71", even when on "65") we were still sweating. It was very humid and we never slept well.
-Breakfast was busy. There were times when we didn't see our server after going up to the buffet 3 times and being in the restaurant industry I felt like I was working because I had to make room on the table by organizing the dirty dishes.. hehe Which I actually found kind of comical. :) But due to that, we only ate there once.

Would I stay here again? Probably not. However, not because I didn't like the hotel, but because of how hot our room was. (Room# 880) Not sure if it was just our room or not, but being in the sun all day and when it feels more humid in your room than it is outside in July, well... I just can't do it. But hopefully it was just that room and no one else has that problem because they do have great room rates, food and a nice pool for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LenaMcG
hickory,NC
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Booked this hotel for the pools~ They did not disappoint! Large pool area, always able to find chairs, lazy river, hot tub, quite pool with it's own hot tub, Fire pits (with roasting smores an option), Pool & foosball tables by the large pool bar, and a nice water slide!! After several long super fun but exhausting days in the parks it was so nice to spend an entire day playing, lounging, and enjoying fabulous cocktails by this pool!! Our room was spacious,very clean, and comfortable. Staff always very friendly. Enjoyed a meal at David's! Checking in on 4square gets you a discount at the spa and a free bottle of wine at Spencer's. Also make sure you check out the views from the end balcony's on the 19th floor! Amazing views and you can see nightly fireworks at Seaworld from the balcony's & executive lounge. This hotel is in an excellent location for Seaworld & Disney attractions. We LOVED this hotel one of our new favorite Hilton's and we will definitely be back!!

1 Thank hkycpl
Petersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Orlando Hilton for two nights in the third week of July and was broadly very happy with our experience. Having stayed at the Ritz Carlton three years ago (when the defining moment for my two kids was having an ice cream planted in their hands on arrival), I knew that it wouldn't quite meet the grade but the room rate reflects this. The pool area is pleasant but due to the proximity of the hotel to the road system, it does have a slightly utilitarian 'budget' feel. That said, the lazy river is very good and the pool staff are friendly. In essence, this is not a hotel that you'd want to spend a week chilling out in by the pool but serves its purpose as a family friendly hotel extremely close to Sea World and about seven or so miles from Disney. The concierge team was excellent, informative and very helpful. Our initial experience of the valet parking team at the front of the hotel was very poor as they seemed completely disinterested in offering any guidance on arrival. Possibly, they were having a bad day as a subsequent team sorted us out effectively. In summary, a safe bet for a reliable, clean and well run 'stop over' in order to take in the theme parks but don't expect a 'premier cru' experience.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
UK
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We got a good rate at this hotel so decided to give it a second chance. Wow, am I pleased we did. Service has improved tenfold since we last visited. The place is spotless and the service is great. The room was very comfortable, spacious and clean. Superb bathroom.

One thing worth mentioning, we stayed in an 'allergy pure' room, the bed seemed firmer than standard Hilton beds.

We had access to the Executive lounge which had continental breakfast of croissants, pastries, cereal, bagels, fresh fruit and oatmeal, juices and coffee. Plenty there to satisfy everyone. In the evening they do a snack buffet, with three snacks, like small quiches, spring rolls, that sort of thing. Then at 8pm they do amazing desserts, you shouldn't miss those.

The pool is fantastic and was not at all busy, I was expecting it to be packed seeings as we visited in the height of the holidays. But no, was great, quiet and serene.

This is now our 'go to' hotel in Orlando.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We love love love this Hilton. Beautiful rooms and grounds. Staff was more than accommodating. I would even go as far as saying they go out of their way to help you with any needs.
The spa on the other hand was just ok. The spa its self is beautiful and relaxing. The services are over priced for the quality of service. I had a 50 min deep tissue, althoug i was asked about and specifically identified a problem area but no additional time was spent on that area. I was given just a specific all over somewhat deep tissue massage. Having had many deep tissue massages at a variety of locations I would rate this in the middle. I also had a pedicure. This was the biggest disappointment!! Not worth the price!! At home I can get a DELUXE pedicure for around $40, which is much more involved and satisfying. For your $80 at the Hilton spa you just get a basic pedicure with some nice moisturizing lotions and not much of a massage. Not at all like what they describe. I could have gotten two much more detailed pedicures at home for the same price. Also, my polish was haphazardly applied and haphazardly removed from the skin around my toe nails. They should at least be able to apply polish better than me. Save your money on the pedicure and splurge on the recreations which are fabulous!! A definite must stay just skip the spa.

• Stayed July 2012