“Overcharged and Pool is very SMELLY!”
Review of Hilton Orlando

Hilton Orlando
Ranked #51 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chattanooga,TN
“Overcharged and Pool is very SMELLY!”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

The Rate we was charged was higher than what I agreed on, and the management team would not change it. Its asham they lost a great diamond member over $15 bucks! the rooms was way too small compared to other Hilton Prop.

My main issue was the Smell around the Lazy river!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (948)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bedford, New Hampshire
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I booked a Sea World package with the Hilton Orlando and it did not disappoint! The service from the check in process to the concierge to the restaurants was 5 star quality! I traveled with my 5 yr old son and husband and we had a great time. The pool area and lazy river were so much fun. We actually spent an extra day lounging pool side because my son enjoyed it so much so we didn't go to the waterpark! The pool was family friendly and also had the added touch of lots of seating and a great staff ready to serve at the pool bar/grill. My son said it was the best grilled cheese ever! There were always clean towels ready and available. If you are traveling without children there is also the option of the "quiet" pool which looked very peaceful. The concierge staff was extremely helpful in booking our shuttle to Sea World and they always went above and beyond to see if we needed anything else. The room itself was great too. It was clean and updated. A great flat screen TV, nice hair dryer and iron, etc. I thought we may get a lesser room because of the package deal but it was great. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Orlando area especially if going to Sea World, Aquatica, Discovery Cove since it is just minutes from the parks!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank g00sebump
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I was at this hotel during my summer vacation with my husband and my stepson. I was there for 9 night. Everything was perfectly for us. The room is nice and clean. The swimming pool is the best. We love to take lazy river there and my step son love the slider. The swimmingpool is very big and even they have many people here, it still have a lot of space for us. We will come back there again!

• Stayed July 2011
LA
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed there for conference and my company paid for my stay. Overall the room is clean, new and very nice. Pool area is awesome. But if you're going to Orlando for vacation and plan on going to Disney World/Universal Studio/Sea World, then there're other options available that cost about the same price but more convenient. Disney World offers extended magic hours and package deals if you stay in their resort. I would plan on staying at different resort for different days depending on where you'd like to visit. I believe this Hilton is close by to Sea World but then I didn't go as I was there for business. Walkable distance (about 15 minutes) to convention center, 20 minutes to 3 of my favorite restaurants --> Oceanaire Seafood Room, Cuba Libre and the Capital Grill!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank bundan
pa
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I attended a conference at this facility and all the facilities I used were top-notch. While I did not stay at the hotel, I would not hesitate (except for price) to host an event here. The rooms including the lavatories were never dirty even at the end of a very busy conference. The pictures are accurate in the scale of the the ballrooms. I would expect many local people have wedding receptions and similar events here.

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank PAfamily07
Somers, New York
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Great property in Orlando. Every employee I encountered was smiling and helpful. Dinner in Spencer's was amazing - make sure you order the mac & cheese.
The pool area was great and made me wish I was visiting for leisure.
Will definitely stay here with the family the next time we visit Orlando.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank yankeegirl13
South Carolina
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband and I attended a 3 day conference at this hotel and were very impressed with the help and efficiency of the staff. The rooms and facilities were beautiful and well kept. The pool facility made it seem as though you were at an island resort, not in the city of Orlando. The only negative is that they seemed to have a problem initially providing reasonable lunch services for a very large gathering, all of whom needed to eat at the same time. The selection was limited and more importantly not that good. However, they improved the situation by the second day.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business