“Cheaper to eat out”

The Grill at Grande Vista
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grill at Grande Vista is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #295 of 3,808 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: S. International Drive
Clackmannan, United Kingdom
“Cheaper to eat out”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Late flight on the saturday so went for breakfast @ Nicks sunday morning take your plastic with you....Cold food and very slow service.

Visited October 2012

San Antonio, Texas
“Waste of your time and money”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My wife and I ate at Nick’s grill on 1/11/13. It had been a long day and we didn’t want to go out and find a restaurant. We were staying at the Marriott and decided to walk over to Nick’s for dinner. It was a Friday night and the place was ¾ full. We were told it would be a 5 minute wait, which ended up being a 15 minute wait – no biggie. We had both decided on their “catch of the day”. The name implies that the fish is already caught; because it took over 45 minutes for us to be served our dinners. This fish was grilled with some mashed potatoes and veggies. The food was ok and the service wasn’t anything to write home about. If you’re staying at the Marriott Grande Vista don’t waste your time and money at Nick’s. In ten minutes in all directions are much better restaurants for the same or less $$.

• Visited January 2013
YourBrandVoice, Manager at The Grill at Grande Vista, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. I would like to apologize for the experience you had at Nick’s Grill. I can assure you I will share this feedback with our team so that we can understand how this occurred and correct it to avoid future instances. I also want to thank you for choosing to dine at Nick’s, we realize that you and your wife had many other choices. As you said, within a few minutes time there are other options and we can’t afford losing you and others to our competition. That said, I would like the opportunity to win back your business. Should you find yourself back in this area please reach out to me so I can show you and your wife the hospitality, service and quality that Marriott’s Grande Vista and Nick’s Grill is known for and proud of.
Florida
“Nice Place, but.............”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

we went there for dinner during our last trip to Grande Vista (see our GV review) on their Prime Rib special night. I haven't had prime rib in some time, so I was really looking forward to a juicy, crisp end cut, that crunched and crackled thru a peppery coating and almost flaked off in layers of succelence, accompanied by a flavorful au jus and vegetable accompaniments. To be kind, let's just say they were having an off night. Our waiter Gus was doing double duty as bartender and waiter.
Buss staff could not have been any better. They were superior on every count. Gus was multi-focused so it appeared that all his tables and bar patrons suffered a bit. Our Shrimp cocktail was not what we are used to. They didn't appear to be freshly caught, nor freshly prepared. Rather defrost P&D and served. The greens under the five shrimp were very good as was their garnish of sprouts. Accompanying dipping sauces were fine. We planned on having desert but the timing seemed off. You can only wait so long to have your desert oder taken.
To be fair, we'll try this Grill again in March and will write another review. I always like to be fair and we call 'em as we see 'em. I read that the breakfasts here are good, but...

• Visited January 2013
Sudbury, Canada
“Worth staying onsite”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Great for quick bite before or after golf. Also nice for quiet dinners. Good wine list. Walkable from anywhere on the resort. Liked the friendly service and the "lean" menu for carb-conscious travellers.

Visited October 2012
Columbus, Ohio
“Great Breakfast and Dinner”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Upscale but kid friendly! Food was great! I would reccomend the Banana Foster french toast for breakfast.

Visited December 2012