“Very slow service, overpriced and not worth my time” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oishi Japanese Restaurant

Oishi Japanese Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Oishi Japanese Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #787 of 3,745 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Oishi Japanese warmly welcomes you to experience the bold flavors of authentic Japanese cuisine while dining in our warm and relaxing restaurant. Whether you're in the mood for hibachi or sushi, we guarantee you will find something to satisfy everyone's cravings.
Ottawa, Canada
“Very slow service, overpriced and not worth my time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

So we had a coupon for 25.00 off, I am thinking it's going to be good, the decor is old, and they need to revamp the restaurant decor, the people and the cooks. We decided to do the hibachi side, we were sited with another couple who had been sitting for twenty minutes, and they had two young children. When we were sited, we waited another 25 minutes before another couple arrived. By this time there was a very upset mother because her children, were hungry, at one point, I had to ask the person who sat us, if they can just give some food to the kids, they were hungry and getting very upset. The server, gave the younger child a bowl of white rice. By then waiting another 15 minutes we finally were told that the cook would appear. I was getting upset because I did not bargain for crying babies at the same table. The parents, did try to get some service but to no avail. I finally requested that the cook, start with the parents and the children so that we can get some peace and quiet, to no avail. The very young cook just would not hear of changing his routine of showing off his very poor performance of tools. OH Please, I am hungry, and I am upset, and others are becoming as upset. Finally he starts with the rice, after making a pie out of the rice he served it, since the cook did not understand that the eggs he cooked for the rice, some of it could have easily been given to the kids, so that they had something to eat and probably satisfy their hunger, he continued along trying to get a rise out of the group. I was not impressed by his cooking skills, I ordered the steak and scallops $24.99, my husband had steak and shrimps $23.99. We were served, piece by piece, so came the fried rice, then the scallops or shrimps, then the steaks, and finally the vegetables. Never again, not worth my time, and not worth my pallet to eat burned scallops and fried rice that tasted awful. I would highly recommend, that this restaurant change their way of serving the people who make them a living. Go somewhere else. I guess it is more suited to older children, but young children cannot bear the wait. I would think that they take reservation, but unsure.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Orlando, Florida
“Slow srvc, overpriced, just ok food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Went to oishi on a wed night. We are locals and had wanted to try a new hibachi restaurant for a while. BIG mistake coming here. Restaurant was not even half full and service was very slow. Waitress hardly came by and my appetizer sushi roll never came out until my dinner did. Steak was way over done but shrimp was good. Sushi was not good at all. Drinks are very highly priced as is dinner. Your money will not be well spent here. Very disappointed overall.

• Visited March 2014
Provo
“Typical Hibachi Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I was in town for business recently and went looking for something to eat and this place was close so we gave it a try. We thought the sushi was great. I had the filet steak and it was cooked perfectly and well seasoned. I thought that the food was good but it took a while for our chef to cook up the steak, vegetables, rice, noodles, etc. We were given the fried rice, than a few minutes later, we were given the steak, than a few minutes later, we were given the vegetables and noodles. I've eaten at other Hibachi grills where the food is cooked quicker so that you get most of everything at the same time.

1 Thank Mea37
Detroit, Michigan
“Slow service for OK food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

We ate at here last week while on mid-winter break vacation. My entire family loves Japanese food and saw this little place close to the hotel and thought to give it a try.

The service was incredibly slow on the sit-down side where we ordered sushi and hibachi grilled steak. (The hibachi tables were full and would be full for another hour) We saw nearby tables ordering huge boats of sushi and waited over an hour for 6 California rolls. The steaks were OK - not bad but not great. My local Japanese place in Detroit is way better than this place. We were disappointed to have spent almost $100 for a family of three when there are so many great places to eat in Orlando.

New York City, New York
“Fun Hibachi in Orlando”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

I thought Oishi was a great place to go for dinner. We had a little bit of a wait because one of the chefs who cooks right in front of you had a family emergency. When it was our turn, I realized that it was totally worth the wait. The food was delicious. We sat down at a big table with a grill in the middle. We ate at the same huge table as 2 other groups. The chef put on a great show. The only thing that was a little mistake was when the cook tried to throw a fried egg piece in my mouth he missed twice. Otherwise, there was not a single problem I had with Oishi.