“Worth the trip”
Review of Norman's

Norman's
Reserve with OpenTable
Norman's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #108 of 3,777 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: John Young Parkway
Description: NORMAN'S showcases the menu of legendary Chef, Norman Van Aken. Chef Norman is known internationally as "the founding father of New World Cuisine". His cuisine is a celebration of Latin, Caribbean, Asian, African and American flavors. Chef Norman is the only Floridian to be inducted into the prestigious "James Beard list of 'Who's Who". Located at The Ritz-Carlton, Orlando Grande Lakes, NORMAN'S offers picturesque views of the Greg Norman Signature Golf Course, lake and gardens. Enjoy dinner in our Main Dining Room, on our Terrace, or book your next get together in our Private Dining Room. The team at NORMAN'S is ready to create a memorable evening for you and your guests. Whether a small family gathering or a large corporate function we will take care of your every need.
“Worth the trip”
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

While hotel restaurants can often be bland, this was outstanding. The menu was innovative and the entrees were very good. I had the snapper and my wife had the pork loin. My daughter, age 9, had penne with meat sauce.

There was a business dinner that was a little loud next to us but they calmed down over time and the ambiance ended up being fine.

Service was definitely 5 star restaurant caliber. I have been in many top end places and this was up there!

Definitely worth a visit.

1 Thank Patrick H

Bucharest, Romania
“From decent to good”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Nice looking restaurant with a background noise that resembles a canteen. Still service is good. To cut it short I can say , wine came too warm but waiter managed it fast. Tuna is good , tartar is no good but snapper is great. If you don't feel like going out of the hotel try it.

Heathrow, Florida
“One of the best meals we have had all year!”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

My husband and I ate here last weekend and it was amazing. We had the tasting menu and the wine pairing. The cobia with Zellwood corn puree and truffles was the best dish we have had all year. The sommelier was great at explaining the wines and the dishes. The atmosphere was great for a date night and the food was above and beyond. I highly recommend this amazing restaurant for a special occasion.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank DanielleSandhagen
Titusville, Florida
“Another To-Die-For meal at Norman's”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed this special evening on a Saturday night. The room was full, the service was excellent (especially Nick), and our meal was impeccable. My husband enjoyed the oysters appetizer, which he offered to share but I knew he didn’t really want to give one up! (So I didn’t taste that plate.) I enjoyed the appetizer of 4 small empanadas (lovely portion to share). The accompanying sauce is creamy and flavorsome. My husband’s venison loin entrée paired well with its fig reduction sauce and the Chilean biodynamic red wine we selected (nice offering on the wine list). The wine also enhanced my Pork Havana. I’m usually not a big fan of mole sauce but this “21st century mole” was outstanding and the monster portion of pork would easily feed 2 people!

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank SchnauzerBridget
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Excellent!”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We recently spent four nights in Orlando and Norman's is one of our new favorites there. If you like great service, good wine, excellent cheeses and wonderful food -then Norman's is a must! We even skipped dessert and coffee at another "recommended" restaurant one night so that we could come back to Norman's to finish out our evening. One of the most important assets a restaurant has is its staff and Norman's should be proud of theirs - some of the most professional and friendly people we have encountered while dining in a long time. Our waiter was Frank Rochefort and he was a gem, made an enjoyable evening that much better.

Visited July 2014