“Great food and service”
Review of Norman's

Norman's
Reserve with OpenTable
Norman's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #91 of 3,808 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: John Young Parkway
Description: NORMAN'S showcases the menu of legendary Chef, Norman Van Aken. Chef Norman is known internationally as "the founding father of New World Cuisine". His cuisine is a celebration of Latin, Caribbean, Asian, African and American flavors. Chef Norman is the only Floridian to be inducted into the prestigious "James Beard list of 'Who's Who". Located at The Ritz-Carlton, Orlando Grande Lakes, NORMAN'S offers picturesque views of the Greg Norman Signature Golf Course, lake and gardens. Enjoy dinner in our Main Dining Room, on our Terrace, or book your next get together in our Private Dining Room. The team at NORMAN'S is ready to create a memorable evening for you and your guests. Whether a small family gathering or a large corporate function we will take care of your every need.
Thomasville, Georgia
“Great food and service”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

A really nice experience. Went with a group of 12 but the staff did not ignore us. The appetizers were good and the meals over the top. I had the grouper special, but my wife's flounder was off the chain. The wine selection was great, and I really liked the fact that my red wine, a Spanish Tempranillo, was served not at room temperature but at cellar temperature of 56 - 60 degrees. If you are staying at the Ritz-Carlton the Norman's should be on your list for a dining experience.

• Visited July 2013

Missouri / Florida
“Oh my!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Try the Chet's menu with the wine pairings. Reservations a must ~
Each bite is a fabulous memory and the presentation is outstanding! Enjoy.

Visited August 2013
Clearwater, FL
“We reset our "high bar" for restaurants after tonight”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Our 34th wedding anniversary dinner was so far north of remarkable I don't know where to begin. Began with Wianno Oysters that had a perfect horseradish foam on top. I had an heirloom tomato salad that was so good. The tomato just burst with flavor. The Gorgonzola Dolce & balsamic all worked together, it was major tasty. As good (terrific) as my bone in ribeye was, my wife's pan cooked filet of yellow tail snapper was off the charts. It was served over white truffle infused - garlic mashed potatoes. I would never believe mashed potatoes could be elevated to this level. We listened to our A++ server David, and ordered the flambé - cinnamon banana whatever desert. We had "the best time" ever for an anniversary dinner. We took David's advice on what was spectacular and ended up having a truly memorable evening.

• Visited August 2013
Timbuktu, Mali
“Five Stars”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I dined here this week for dinner. We had a reservation which was immediately honored. Our table was a four top by the window so we could watch the sunlight fade from the sky, which was magnificent.

Our waiter and attendant were superb. They knew just when to show up and when to leave us alone. I ADORE that kind of attentiveness.

We started our meal with their delicious ciabatta bread plus dipping oil w/pepper. Then we had house salads followed by our entrees, which were the grouper and the snapper. Both were divine. We had the signature banana "split" for dessert and let me tell you it was out of this world. We also had a dessert delivered to my mom's room as payment for her babysitting our 7 month old that evening. When we explained to our waiter that she would not open the door if the baby was sleeping, he said that he would send the dessert to arrive at the room just after we did, and would you believe that the dessert showed up as soon as we stepped foot into our room? It was like the attendant appeared out of thin air, brandishing the dish with a smile. Wow!

I saw a myriad of attires in Norman's but they don't allow shorts that I know of. I wore black pants and my husband wore business slacks, but no tie or jacket. I saw ties and jackets plus I think I even saw a gal wearing a ball gown so base your attire accordingly.

When we return to the Ritz, we will be dining at Norman's for sure! It's a must!

Visited August 2013
NJ
“Perfect”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and I had a special dinner at Normans a few nights ago. From the minute we walked in to when we left it was nothing short of perfection. We were greeted promptly and taken to our table with a beautiful view immediately. Our server Gregory was knowledgeable about the menu choices, and made excellent wine suggestions. He, and the manager, who stopped by to make sure everything was OK, were very friendly and made us feel welcome and valued.

The conch chowder and crispy shrimp appetizers were delicious, as was the rib eye steak and the grouper. Each course was plated and presented wonderfully. Every dish had a creative use of spices that created great flavors.

This was a special occasion for us and we were really inpressed with the personalized menu, which was signed by the chef, the anniversary greeting on our dessert plate, and the complimentary glass of proseco.

All the things you would expect from a top restaurant to create a memorable evening happened. Just a great evening. We will return for sure and highly recommend Normans.

• Visited August 2013