“Cuba libre”

Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando
Reserve with OpenTable
Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #120 of 3,827 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Latin
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: A must-see, must-experience cinematic destination featuring award-winning Cuban cuisine, Latin rhythms, open-air tropical ambiance, lively floorshows, Latin DJs, and classic cocktails.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Cuba libre”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We came here 2 nights in a row. The first one was a private sponsored event for 200 nurses attending a big conference and was upstairs with food and wine. We thought the food was pretty good so when I had to organize dinner for 5 the next night we came back to the outside patio, which was pleasant as the temperature decreased. Our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable as he tried to explain the drinks and food to people from 4 different countries not used to this food. An excellent drink to start with rum of course, and then we shared all dishes and this worked out well as everyone could taste a variety of food. after this we were full, but a very smart marketing idea was to come to the table with a selection of small deserts costing only $2.50 from memory. With music in the background, good staff and nice food this is a great restaurant at a reasonable price. But watch the bill - the gratuity is included which we are not used to.

• Visited October 2013
MarissaSudol, Guest Relations Manager at Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write up such a positive review of your experience at Cuba Libre – we really appreciate it! I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time and that your server was so helpful.

We hope you return again soon!

Best,

• Hungarian first
Baltimore, Maryland
“Sort of cuban, sort of lame”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

If you want a Mojoito and some chips- this is an ok place. It is not a good place for high quality Cuban food and service.

The indoor bar area has an odor- that I saw described by another reviewer- sort of urine? Perhaps too authetntic?

The food is bland and not weell executed- and I had standard cuban traditional fare appetizer and entree.

The Staff- and I heard this from others who ate there- were indifferent. They were deffinitely just putting in time.

With several restaurants in Pointe Orlando and a thousand in Orlando- this is one to skip. It remains popular, perhaps, because it is Cuban and considered exotic for convention goers in Florida.

Visited October 2013
MarissaSudol, Guest Relations Manager at Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thanks so much for providing your feedback about your experience at Cuba Libre - we really appreciate it and I assure you that we take every comment we receive seriously. It's helpful to know what a guest likes and doesn't like, so thank you for providing your input.

It would be great to get some specifics about what you ordered so that we can completely fix the issue at hand. If you could send me your email address, perhaps I could get some more information to provide to my staff so that we ensure that this doesn’t happen again. Or, you can reach me directly at marissa@guestcounts.com

We hope that you will give Cuba Libre another chance in the future, as your experience was not typical to our usually standard. Looks like you live in the Baltimore area - if you're ever in DC, give our Penn Quarter location a try!

Thanks again for your feedback
Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Service, Good atmosphere”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I start by saying this place is gorgeous, had a great experience dinning here during my family vacation. While we were walking threw International Drive we saw this beautiful place, big building called Cuba Libre. My first impression was not to even go in because it looked like a night club and I was with my wife and two kids, but got to go in and chose to sit at the outside patio being from Washington state we dont get to eat outside often. After sitting we had the pleasure of meeting a retired veteran called Marcos that works as a waiter in this restaurant. WOW support our troops, this person made us feel like we were his guest in his house. We had no idea what to order or even where to start pronouncing the menu, but he started explaining to us what options we had, and his favorite dishes in the menu. Got to try the fried potatoes filled with beef, kids had skirt steak and I had the 15 taste of cuba... wife had already ate but she could not help just picking on my food... We will come back on our next vacation here, thanks for all your attentions and God bless the troops.....

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank walter h
Hi Walter,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write up such a positive review about your experience at Cuba Libre - we really appreciate it! The outdoor seating really is nice, isn't it? Especially in Pointe Orlando, where there's so much to look at!

The 15 Tastes of Cuba was a great choice - it really gives you a good sampling of so many different and authentic tastes, all in one meal!

We sincerely hope you return again next time you're in the area, which is hopefully soon!

Thanks again,
Schaumburg, Illinois
“Get transported to Cuba”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Great fresh mojitos!!! Atmosphere and decor were breathtaking right down to the details of how the checks were presented! Be entertained by the wonderful dancers that look like they are regulars! I even learned a new step or 2! I spent my birthday here and enjoyed the experience! Highly recommend this place for a great night out of salsa and bachata dancing!

Visited October 2013
MarissaSudol, Guest Relations Manager at Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write up such a positive review about your experience at Cuba Libre - we really appreciate it! I'm so glad you enjoyed your meal (and drinks, of course) so much, it's always nice to know we're doing our job right!

Hope to see you again in the very near future!
Rochester, Michigan
“Amazing Tapas and Outstanding Service ”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Location is surrounded by other high end chain restaurants but this place stands alone. Reservations are highly encouraged but I arrived prior to the 6pm rush and was sat immediately. The decor and atmosphere is wonderful. Latin music plays but it is light and doesnt over power your conversation. The Food is the star of the show and the waitstaff is exceptional. Every plate of food was perfect. I rank this place in my top 5 in the country. I travel alot and I felt welcomed and comfortable in this place. I will be back again, hopefully soon.

MarissaSudol, Guest Relations Manager at Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to write up such a positive review about your experience with us - we're so glad you had such a wonderful time! We really appreciate the feedback and are THRILLED to be in your top 5 list of restaurants...in the country! An amazing honor, thank you so much.

Come back to one of our locations soon- since you travel a lot, hopefully you'll get to try out all 4 locations - Orlando, DC, Philadelphia and Atlantic City!