“Great Service, Good atmosphere”

Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando
Reserve with OpenTable
Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #111 of 3,920 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Latin
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: A must-see, must-experience cinematic destination featuring award-winning Cuban cuisine, Latin rhythms, open-air tropical ambiance, lively floorshows, Latin DJs, and classic cocktails.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I start by saying this place is gorgeous, had a great experience dinning here during my family vacation. While we were walking threw International Drive we saw this beautiful place, big building called Cuba Libre. My first impression was not to even go in because it looked like a night club and I was with my wife and two kids, but got to go in and chose to sit at the outside patio being from Washington state we dont get to eat outside often. After sitting we had the pleasure of meeting a retired veteran called Marcos that works as a waiter in this restaurant. WOW support our troops, this person made us feel like we were his guest in his house. We had no idea what to order or even where to start pronouncing the menu, but he started explaining to us what options we had, and his favorite dishes in the menu. Got to try the fried potatoes filled with beef, kids had skirt steak and I had the 15 taste of cuba... wife had already ate but she could not help just picking on my food... We will come back on our next vacation here, thanks for all your attentions and God bless the troops.....

1  Thank walter h
MarissaSudol, Guest Relations Manager at Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Hi Walter,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write up such a positive review about your experience at Cuba Libre - we really appreciate it! The outdoor seating really is nice, isn't it? Especially in Pointe Orlando, where there's so much to look at!

The 15 Tastes of Cuba was a great choice - it really gives you a good sampling of so many different and authentic tastes, all in one meal!

We sincerely hope you return again next time you're in the area, which is hopefully soon!

Thanks again,
Marissa

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Great fresh mojitos!!! Atmosphere and decor were breathtaking right down to the details of how the checks were presented! Be entertained by the wonderful dancers that look like they are regulars! I even learned a new step or 2! I spent my birthday here and enjoyed the experience! Highly recommend this place for a great night out of salsa and bachata dancing!

MarissaSudol, Guest Relations Manager at Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write up such a positive review about your experience at Cuba Libre - we really appreciate it! I'm so glad you enjoyed your meal (and drinks, of course) so much, it's always nice to know we're doing our job right!

Hope to see you again in the very near future!

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Location is surrounded by other high end chain restaurants but this place stands alone. Reservations are highly encouraged but I arrived prior to the 6pm rush and was sat immediately. The decor and atmosphere is wonderful. Latin music plays but it is light and doesnt over power your conversation. The Food is the star of the show and the waitstaff is exceptional. Every plate of food was perfect. I rank this place in my top 5 in the country. I travel alot and I felt welcomed and comfortable in this place. I will be back again, hopefully soon.

MarissaSudol, Guest Relations Manager at Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to write up such a positive review about your experience with us - we're so glad you had such a wonderful time! We really appreciate the feedback and are THRILLED to be in your top 5 list of restaurants...in the country! An amazing honor, thank you so much.

Come back to one of our locations soon- since you travel a lot, hopefully you'll get to try out all 4 locations - Orlando, DC, Philadelphia and Atlantic City!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Since dining at the Philadelphia location years ago, my husband and I have been waiting to visit Cuba Libre again. We flew into Orlando early Saturday to head to Cape Canaveral for a cruise. Although the restaurant doesn't open until 5pm, we decided to stick around and we were not disappointed.

The service was outstanding! My husband knew he wanted to order the 15 Tastes of Cuba. We found out that it wasn't being offered due to another promotion that was going on at the time. The manager could have said, "No, sorry, it's not available," but instead he placed the order for us and my husband got exactly what he wanted. He didn't hesitate to accommodate and that really impressed us. Our waiter Johnny was great . . . super friendly and very personable. He made sure that we were satisfied the entire time.

Their attention to detail really blew us away. Our glasses were never empty, and someone was constantly coming over to wipe the table or sweep away crumbs. When my husband left to use the bathroom someone came over right away to twirl his napkin and make the table as presentable as possible. Little touches like this really do add up into one great dining experience.

We ordered the 15 Tastes of Cuba and the September promotion. Between the two, we had a huge sampling of the menu. We ate so much and it was all delicious! The Mariquitas Cubanas and Camaguey meatballs were some of our favorite appetizers. The lechon asado was fantastic!

Our trip to Cuba Libre was definitely the best culinary experience of our entire trip. It was absolutely worth the wait. Can't wait to visit again!

What a fantastic review - thank you so much for taking the time to write about your positive experience dining with us! We're so happy that you and your husband left feeling welcomed, satisfied, and most importantly - full! Our 15 Tastes of Cuba is the best way to sample all the unique menu items we have to offer.

Again, thank you so much for providing your positive feedback - we really appreciate it!

Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Being from a small town, it was I real treat to find a place that looks like it came straight out of old Cuba. The food was authentic Cuban and delicious. Next time we are in Orlando we will visit Cuba Libre.

MarissaSudol, Guest Relations Manager at Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a positive review of your experience with us - we really appreciate it! I'm so glad you had an enjoyable time and loved the food and decor. Being inside the restaurant does make it feel like you're in a whole new place, doesn't it?

Hope to see you again soon, and thank you again for the review!