“Loud, so so food”

Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando
Reserve with OpenTable
Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #116 of 3,849 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Latin
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: A must-see, must-experience cinematic destination featuring award-winning Cuban cuisine, Latin rhythms, open-air tropical ambiance, lively floorshows, Latin DJs, and classic cocktails.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The decor was nice and the brief dance show was charming, but then things just failed to impress. The prices may have been on par for this part of town but the food did not live up to the expectation. Service was average and our order was not correct when served. The silver lining was the "mistake" resulted in a free yet mediocre appetizer. I still left a bit hungry.

MarissaSudol, Guest Relations Manager at Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write up this review and provide your feedback - we really do appreciate it! I assure you that what you experienced is not standard for us, and sincerely apologize for the sub-par meal you received. We take all feedback, positive and negative, very seriously and try to learn from each and every review, so this is very helpful!

We hope that you will dine with us again so that we can make up for the poor experience you had. If you should have any additional feedback or comments, please feel free to contact me at marissa@guestcounts.com.

Thank you again for your feedback!

There are newer reviews for Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando

Reviewed September 22, 2013

This place is a little pricey but definitely worth a visit, the cocktails are good.
A decent bottle of wine is very expensive and the food is average.
They have invested a lot in to the inside of this place and done a really good job so it is worth a visit just to take a look at that.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Let me start with something positive because the review doesn't get better after this...the inside upstairs is gorgeous. It makes you feel you are away in Cuba. Excellent job on the ambience.

Apparently we should have picked another location for connecting with friends because my experience with Cuba Libre Orlando was horrible. When I first got there I was the first in my party to arrive. For whatever reason there are 2 stations to check-in to the restaurant. I think the goal of the first was to see if you actually have a reservation (even though the place was barely occupied!) and the other was like a "regular" hostess stand where I again had to say who was in my party so they could provide the menus and seat us.

When the waitress came and the rest of my party arrived she overwhelmed us with information. I felt like instead of just giving us some information she read us a novel. The next thing she did was she offered to get us "chips". When we agreed I quickly realized this was not just "chips". It was a plantains with 3 special sauces/dips for $10! She of course omitted that information. Then though we were a small party of 2 offered a whole pitcher of sangria instead of offering or suggesting the half pitcher! I think she missed her calling and should have sold cars or insurance. She up sold us so much its crazy.

For dinner we had Mango Shrimp which was beyond bland and lacked seasoning and the Ropa Vieja which appeared to lack seasoning and sauce. The ropa vieja was very dry and probably the worst I've ever had.

When we left instead of them stamping the valet tickets, the waitress tells us to go down to the hostess stand. When we get there the stand is gone and the two stations you have to go through to enter the restaurant were no longer there. This may be partially because we ate very late but she should have known this information before sending us on a wild goose chase.

But what really upset me and was the final straw of me never returning is the "security" would not allow us to leave the second floor via the elevator. I thought, after drinking the pitcher it would be the safest option to leave the establishment. But the guard was insistent we were not allowed to enter even though I had seen several patrons leave using it. Of course there were no words to explain why,just head gestures and hand pointing. Needless to say I will not go back to this place.

2  Thank divadap
colltreese, Guest Relations Manager at Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thanks so much for visiting Cuba Libre. I’m sorry to hear that your experience at our restaurant was not positive, but your feedback is extremely important to us, and you can be sure that your concerns have been taken into consideration by our staff.

Our general manager Jenna would like to speak with you personally to get a better idea of how we can improve our business. Is there a phone number at which you can best be reached? Jenna will give you a call as soon as possible and hopefully we can help you to give us another chance to reach your expectations in the future.

Have a wonderful day and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Love the styling of this restaurant. It definitely provides an Old World Cuban setting to enjoy this great fusion food. The drinks are impressive too! A definite must do while in Orlando and a nice break from the seafood and theme park foods!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

The food is ok to good. Nothing memrobable on the menu and can get pricy but the drinks are a whole other story. They have an extensive rum list and make some of the best mojitos and caipirinha's. Go here for a drink before or after dinner but don't eat here- so many other nice restaurants around. They play latin music on weekends which adds to the nice drink you'll be sipping on.