“Great Cuban Food and A Wide Variety of Drinks!”

Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando
Reserve with OpenTable
Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #228 of 4,077 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Latin
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: A must-see, must-experience cinematic destination featuring award-winning Cuban cuisine, Latin rhythms, open-air tropical ambiance, lively floorshows, Latin DJs, and classic cocktails.
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The restaurant itself is beautiful, designed to look like a Cuban village inside and with beautiful murals on the walls outside. It is a chain, but the food is still delicious and our server was very helpful and friendly. Lechon and Ropa Vieja were outstanding. There is an extensive drinks menu (it is a rum bar after all), with over 50 rums and many other drinks from Latin America. I had two of the Piscos (guava sour) and they were very good--worth a second one even though I'm not usually a fan of fruity mixed drinks. The bread and plaintain chips that come with the meal are also outstanding. I'm sure there are small family owned restaurants where you can get authentic Latin food in Orlando, but this is a great choice for the I Drive area and especially if you have persons in your party who are not familiar with Cuban food and just want to try it out. I would also recommend it as a good place to have some nice drinks in a nice atmosphere.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We came in late on a week night and the staff welcomed us and seated us on the patio. It was a great evening with excellent weather and we had a blast. They have a bunch of mojito's to try, we liked the mango best. For our dinner we couldn't decide from all of the menu choices and so we ordered a 5 course sampler of different specialties. Whew, it was really fun and delicious. I couldn't make it through to the dessert. This was our first visit and the sampler worked out great for our group of 5. This is a festive spot and we will come back on our next trip to the area. While we were outside we happened to notice that the inside is beautiful too. Check it out!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

All three of us loved our meals and experience here!

The restaurant is in the middle of dozens of places - though we all had eaten previously at the location in Atlantic City.

We started with a classic mojito - very good. They served us Cuban bread with a mango butter while we waited for our food. Delicious.

I had the Carne Frito (shredded and then crisped beef) - it was delicious - nicely spiced and very tender.

My father had the Sopa Levanta Muerto - "Raise the Dead Soup" it had shrimp, scallops, crabmeat and mussels in a coconut milk broth with truffle oil. He loved it. For dinner he had the churrasco - a marinated skirt steak - severed over mashed - he said it was tender and delicious.

It was my step-mothers birthday and they brought a small chocolate torta for her! I tried it - and it was amazing!

Its a fun restaurant with delicious food and I would recommend you check it out!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

In Orlando for a convention, and joined some friends at Cuba Libre for drinks and lots of appetizers. We didnt have dinner - just loads of tapas. The service was good, the drinks were excellent and the food was great. There was an enormous list of specialty drinks - loads of rum and mojitos - and most of us ordered the specialty drinks and all were happy. The bar food menu was varied and we ordered a long list of them and were pleased. The only one I was dissapointed in were the papas rellenos. Potato things with chile peppers - they didnt taste spicy and had no depth or great taste. The others were tasty and we had a great time. I would definately go back and try the dinner - the room was creativly designed and really comfortable and fun looking,

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Went while in Orlando for a convention. The decor fine and staff friendly. No music the night I was there. Good selection of Cuban food. Goos size entrees but a bit overpriced. Would return