“Another Excellent Visit...”

Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando
Reserve with OpenTable
Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar - Orlando is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #132 of 3,762 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Cuban, South American, Central American
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: A must-see, must-experience cinematic destination featuring award-winning Cuban cuisine, Latin rhythms, open-air tropical ambiance, lively floorshows, Latin DJs, and classic cocktails.
basford
“Another Excellent Visit...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

Been to this restaurant before and thought it was excellent so visited last night and tried the Magical Dining pre-set menu (3 courses for $30 throughout September) and wasn't dissapointed!!

The pre-set menu had lots of choice. For our Appetizer my wife had Ensaladita con Pan Cubano (salad) which she found very refreshing and I had papas rellenas and frituras de malanga which were both delicious and large portions.

For our entree my wife had Ropa Vieja which was incredibley tender and flavoursome. I had Vaca Frita which was awesome! I love garlic so this really was for me. Very bold sharp flavours. Both came with perfectly cooked rice and black beans. We also ordered some garlic mash on the side which wasn't really garlicy but was very rich and creamy, complimenting my meal nicely..

For dessert my wife had flan and I had rice pudding. They were both nice but, if i'm honest, we were both sooo full by this point we just didnt want them!

The Mojitio's are excellent here - a must try!

The atmosphere in the restaurant is always good and the surroundings very pretty. I feel the service is a little slow on all visits but not bad. Free valet parking is also, always a bonus.

Worth visiting for a late dinner on firday/saturday nights as it becomes very lively after 10pm.

• Hungarian first
Fairfield, California
“The atmosphere is wonderful and the food is better!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I recently took 24 business associates to Cuba Libre for dinner, Jose Vasquez the banquet manager did a great job of organizing the dinner. His staff was awesome, great service, great food, the entire team enjoyed the experience. Great noisy atmosphere, with a very interesting decor. You will love it, tell Jose Sully sent you, bet he buys you a dessert!

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Different experiences”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

We went to this restaurant on a Monday and it was closed, called for a couple of drinks on Wednesday - great mohitos - and were the last two in the bar at 10:00. Last visit was for a meal and more mohitos on Tuesday, conferences in town and it was absolutely buzzing, 45minute wait for a table. Good food, good atmosphere and friendly staff (even when we were the last ones there).

Portland, Oregon
“Fun and festive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

I was traveling alone and came across Cuba Libre- what a fun place! I was given a little attitude at the door when I asked for a table for one, however, the server made up for it and was gracious, polite and helpful. Really different menu with some tempting drink concoctions. And a great outside patio with Cuban music. Check it out!

Visited September 2012
London
“Something different....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Had always wanted to try this place and wasn't disappointed. The venue is fantastic, really something special. We went on a Saturday night and the restaurant was very busy and full of lots of nicely dressed diners, probably ready for the nightclub/dancing to start at 10-30. Definatley a place for you to try out those new heels and little black dress ! I myself only had jeans and a top on but didn't feel out of place but would relish the chance to dress up in Orlando . Service was pretty good and food was from the magical dining month menu. To be honest, we weren't too sure what we were eating but was all pretty good. I would give this place a 3.5 if I could but have bumped it for a 4 for the venue and atmosphere. A great place for couples. Of groups who want to go on dancing into the night at the weekend. Give it a try.......