“Not as Kid Friendly as Hoped”

Orlando Museum of Art
Ranked #143 of 439 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: This recently renovated museum displays a fine rotating collection of American, pre-Colombian and African art.
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

The museum is a wonderful, small museum for adults. No discount was offered even though some exhibits were closed. One children's area was available, but not supervised or cleaned. Guards are intimidating and not kid friendly. I even saw one child (about 6 years old) being very ungracefully carried outside by a guard.

1  Thank huffC

Reviewed July 16, 2013

If you are visiting Orlando and appreciate Art, this museum is a great way to spend a few hours. Very well laid out, quiet, pleasant srroundings and great artwork. We took advantage of a Travelzoo deal, $8 each admission. We plan to visit again.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Spend the day at the Orlando Museum of Art and will totally enjoy yourself, They offer exihibits from local artist to world known. Go outisde and enjoy the park.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I came solo while my family played at the hotel pool, and I had a wonderful visit. I came for the glass, but the other collections were also fascinating. Aside from the stunning glass, I particularly enjoyed the African Art and art of the Ancient Americas. Definitely worth the trip!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I viewed this stop on our way to Cocoa Beach from our home on western side of Florida as something to do before check in time at the resort. It turned out to be quite a good use of a few hours last Saturday afternoon.

The glass sculpture collection was really fantastic. I sure wished I could have taken pictures there. Of course I had seen some of Chihuly's work in magazines and on tv but viewing it in person was the best. Other artists had intriguing works there, too. I particularly liked the red glass shards dog.

We also viewed the landscape exhibit and were pleasantly surprised to see a few works by artists and students of the Hudson River School. I'll keep watching for other exhibits that may be coming along to the OMA.

1  Thank Barbara V