“Wonderful Food and Terrific Service...what more would you want?”
Review of FishBones

FishBones
Reserve with OpenTable
FishBones is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 3,862 Restaurants in Orlando
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: A local favorite, FishBones is listed as one of America's Top Ten Seafood Restaurants. FishBones offers the freshest just-caught seafood flown in daily, aged steaks cooked over an 1100° citrus and oak wood fire on our custom built pit and a 23-hour slow roasted prime rib that is to die for. An impressive list of wines compliment the seafood and steak, making FishBones the ultimate dining experience
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is our second visit to FishBones and we find the food to be terrific...as is the service. When you walk in...you see the wood burning grill, a beautiful piece of Prime Rib and the grill master...the aroma Is one you will not forget! We started with drinks at the bar and then headed to our table...we reserved with Open Table in advance. Last evening my wife ordered the Black Grouper (grilled) and the taste was terrific...as was the side of Vegetables which accompanied the dinner (and salad). Speaking of Salad...our dinner started with a beautiful salad (which is included) and the dressing was wonderful...best I ever had. For dinner I enjoyed the Lamb Chops (5 large lamb chops) perfectly grilled and a taste to die for! What is nice is that dinners include a well crafted salad and a choice of a ample side (Fresh Vegetables, Mashed Potato's, and other choices) We ended our dinner with Peanut Butter Pie...as per the suggestion of our server Lori...it was incredible! Speaking about incredible...the service Lori provided was fantastic. If you want great food and with terrific selection...FishBones and Johnnies Hideaway are our two favorites and the place to go when in Orlando.

1  Thank Carl R

Reviewed September 28, 2013

A real wood grill is a great start. Creative fresh fish rocks. Maria our menu guide was most knowledgeable and attentive. While we were eating the manager even came over and asked questions pertaining to our service and food. Yes, they do care. Thanks for an enjoyable evening.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Food, atmosphere, sweet young guy for the Free valet parking, a bit pricey, server was pre-occupied with better-dressed clients

Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

So far, I've been to two of the Talk of the Town properties - Johnnie's Hideaway and FishBones. Johnnie's is better than FishBone in my opinion.

The location is such that most Orlando locals should only consider braving the I-Drive / Sandlake / Universal blvds traffic in the off-season. Their parking lot is extremely small and they offer free valet. I rarely valet, but this was a pleasant enough experience to do it again. The valet was very courteous and professional.

Entering the restaurant, there are two, long display cabinets with seafood, meat, and dessert displayed. There is a wonderful smell of smoke coming off of an open pit grill. The dining space in the front half of the building is very nice - twinkling lights, mood lighting, booths, and the glow from a large fish tank.

Our seating, unfortunately, was in back, in a room that looks like the add-on den of a 1970's ranch house, complete with heavy wood panelling. There were no shag carpets, but orange and brown shag wouldn't have been out of place. There is, however, a pleasant view of a back garden.

For appetizers, my table shared the Alligator Bites with a creamed horseradish sauce and the Dang Bang Shrimp Sushi roll. While the preparation of the alligator was excellent (very tender, very moist), there was nothing particularly special about it. The shrimp roll was excellent (and would be fine for sushi novices, since everything is cooked).

For entrees, we chose the AUCE Stone Crab Claws and Fried Shrimp, the Mixed Grill, and the Prime Rib. The flavor of the prime rib was excellent and it was served medium as requested, but it wasn't the best prime rib I've had. The mixed grill (grilled salmon and trigger fish) was excellent and served with shrimp and scallop scampi. We took a chance on the stone crab since it's not technically in season - they were served cold and really didn't have much flavor; the breaded shrimp was excellent, though.

For dessert, we had New York Cheesecake and Key Lime Pie. At a dollar more than the other desserts, I expected a great pie, but it was small and really didn't taste all that good (freezer burned?). The cheesecake was, however, very large and tasted wonderful.

In summary, I found the service to be excellent (kudos to Aldolpho and Marco as well as the manager, Jim). I found the decor and ambiance lacking in our particular seating area. I found the food to be adequate, but largely uninspired - there is nothing that I would call a signature dish or dessert. I was not disappointed with my experience at FishBones, but wasn't particularly wowed.

One major thing that bothered me... While I love to see open kitchen (I feel like the cooks and servers are more "honest" with an open kitchen), I DO NOT like to see the dish room, which in this case was also open to view. I don't like walking through dish in my own kitchen, let alone someone else's.

Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I am very humbled to represent this as one of the Talk Of The Town locations as a concierge for my hotels. But I will also write an honest review.
First off, I do not like when they force you to valet your car. But whatever. We were greeted very warmly, I had reservations, on which I added we are celebrating my husband's mom's bday. The main dining room was beautiful with decor and fish tanks and view into the open kitchen buuuuut, we were lead thru it into the less decorated bigger room, kinda like overflow...not so nice. Our server Adolfo was outstanding and upbeat and walked us thru the menu nicely since it was all our first times. The manager, Dave, came by to welcome us and wish mom happy birthday and brought a little amuse bouche by. Yum. We had alligator bites and dang bang sushi roll to start and share. Yum! Mom had the 16oz prime rib which was so so. The preparation was excellent however the quality of the meat was not worth 5 stars. I had the mixed grill and I was happier then ever! Shrimp and scallops scampi and the most buttery salmon and something more to me : trigger fish. I enjoyed my food tremendously. My husband had the special All you care to eat stone crap and fried shrimp. He was not blown away but doesn't have a valid explanation as to why...(it's a chef thing). The New York cheesecake was to die for. My key lime pie was not good. Tastes like it had frost bite. All in all though I feel very comfortable recommending this restaurant to future guests. I am just being hyper critical here. One big thing: I did not like walking by the open dish washing/stewarding station as a guest at all. Thank you Fish Bones and Adolfo and David for a wonderful, relaxing and tasty 3 hours. Yum. We'll be back'