“A MUST DO IN ORLANDO! What a great day we had!”

Fun Spot America Orlando
Fun Spot America
Ranked #27 of 394 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A top-notch family fun theme park, with Orlando's only wooden roller coaster, family suspended steel coaster, multi-level go-kart tracks, the World's 2nd tallest SkyCoaster at 250 ft, a 101-foot high Ferris wheel, bumper cars, bumper boats, and of course, a giant arcade along with other assorted family and thrill rides for adults and children. Includes Gator Spot, a 15,000 sq ft oasis with over 100 gators, exotic reptiles and birds!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage
Reviewed December 8, 2014

LOVE THIS PLACE! A MUST DO IN ORLANDO!

We live in the Orlando area and we recently went to the Fun Spot for the first time. I have to say, we were all delightfully surprised with our entire experience. First of all the staff; every single person that worked there was super friendly and courteous and were so kind to all of the kids and made every ride fun for them. Even thanked them as they exited each ride.

My son got hurt (being a boy) and banged his head on one of the rails while waiting for his sister to finish a ride and got a bloody nose. Almost immediately one of the staff members ran over t us to see if he was ok and offered to bring us ice. Then came back to check on him and as my son was still crying the staff member offered him ice cream and let him pick the flavor and also brought us a refillable drink cup to use throughout the day. Immediately at the mention of the words "Ice Cream" my son perked up and forgot all about his bloody nose and knot on his head. I really wish I got the gentleman's name. What could have been this mom's crisis, being brought the ice and the napkins etc made handling the situation so much easier and I was able to remain calm, instead of being frantic. In no way did I blame the part or their facilities for this incident because my son was being rowdy and doing something he shouldn't have been doing. A few staff members checked on him and when we would pass them throughout the day, they would ask how he was doing. I was completely shocked about how well they all handled the situation. You don't even get customer service like that at Disney!

The park is really clean (the opposite of what you would see at a carnival or fair).

There are a ton of rides for the little ones to do as well. We had a coupon for a sample band and then upgraded those so that we could all have unlimited rides. So the kids could go on as many rides as they wanted and so could we. The ages of the kids we were with started at 3 years old and went up to 8. And there were enough attractions for them to all enjoy (over and over and over again!)

The wooden roller coaster they have there is one of the best wooden roller coasters I have ever been on and I would even say it's one of my all time favorite coasters all together. It's not rickety at all and the ride is really smooth however amazingly fun!

We had lunch in the Skyline cafe and for attraction food, it was pretty decent and the restaurant was SUPER clean! (Another delightful surprise!) Even the bathrooms are well kept up with and you weren't gross out by having to use a public restroom.

If you are looking for something fun to do with the family while in town and aren't interested in the theme parks, this place is a must! We will definitely be going back. Hopefully this time without any incidents (I would rather pay the $3 for the ice cream).

2  Thank JHH26
Write a ReviewReviews (2,881)
All reviews
in 40 reviews
"whole family"
in 46 reviews

Reviewed December 5, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised at how much they expanded in a couple years. Watch out Universal this is a nice substitute and less long lines.

Reviewed December 5, 2014

Some friends brought me here and I was wonderfully surprised! It was early in the day and the attractions had no lines. The wooden roller coaster was awesome! I loved the multi level go cart track too! It was fun whizzing around and looking at the view. Everyone was friendly and seemed happier than at some of the other amusement parks in town. I would be back more often if I didn't live out of town. Wish they would build a location in Texas!

Reviewed December 3, 2014

My wife and I went here just to do the go-cart tracks. We were here a few years ago and had a blast on them. We did the multi level tracks and had a blast. there was a lot of people for everything else they have to do. We did hit a few arcade games there as well. overall would go back there for the go-carts.