“Guest service better than the theme parks!”
Review of Fun Spot America

Fun Spot America
Ranked #15 of 441 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A top-notch family fun theme park, with Orlando's only wooden roller coaster, family suspended steel coaster, multi-level go-kart tracks, the World's 2nd tallest SkyCoaster at 250 ft, a 101-foot high Ferris wheel, bumper cars, bumper boats, and of course, a giant arcade along with other assorted family and thrill rides for adults and children. Includes Gator Spot, a 15,000 sq ft oasis with over 100 gators, exotic reptiles and birds!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Living in Florida, we try to stay away from the activities that are clearly "tourist traps". We had been to Fun Spot a few years ago, and found it overpriced and frankly, a little seedy. I never really had the intention of returning.
This year, however, we saw the news of the renovation, and with my 5 year old son in tow, I decided to give the park another try. Are we glad that we did! First of all, the expansion doubled the size of the park. Although there are still plenty of go carts, there are now ride options for those who aren't fans. The two family coasters are just thrilling enough, without being terrifying! The whole expansion reminds me of my summers at the boardwalk on the east coast.
The best part of our day, however, was the stellar young staff. Although it was terribly hot, the staff was friendly and energetic, making conversation with my young son at each ride. At one attraction, my son's burlap sack got caught at the top of the slide- before I even realized there was a problem, the attendant raced up to the top of the slide, freed my son, and calmed his nerves before sending him down. Outstanding guest service in every area.
We have have since been to two of the bigger parks, and have compared them negatively to the experience we had at Fun Spot America. We recommend this park without any hesitation at all!

1  Thank AC213615
Write a ReviewReviews (2,598)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

From a go-kart funpark with a Giant Ferris Wheel, to a thrilling full amusement park, Fun Spot America has come along way, with two major roller coasters now: one suspended and one wood twister that really packs a punch, and not too mention a nice assortment of kiddie and major rides. Immaculately clean and all well maintained.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Compliment! We travel to orlando 2-3 times per year and Funspot is our favorite attraction and always the hilight of our trip (and has been for years). There is someting for all ages, your staff is TOP NOTCH!! I cannot express how much we love this amusement park. Today was the first time since the expansion.. we were there all day and did not want to leave. All the way from the new rides to the go carts, every member has their favorites and we talk about it for months.. until the next time we can attend. Please keep up the good work and give EVERY SINGLE EMPLOYEE KUDOS from a family of 4. Also, the prices are kept to a minimal, with the $5. refillable drinks to keep us hydrated, to the minimal admition, and to the delicious burgers in the cafe.This generation is a difficult time to rasie a family and making an amusement park that is so family affordable and fun is a huge contribution. THANK YOU FROM OUR ENTIRE FAMILY. Once again,we will treasure this until our next Orlando adventure!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We went here specifically for the Go-karts. We have 3 boys aged 12, 16 and 18 who love Go-karting. We paid for them to have a go on the green track (which was recommended by the lady on the till as the fastest track). Well I must say what a disappointment. The boys set off in line and that is exactly how they stayed! There was hardly any power in the karts and no chance of taking over as the acceleration is very limited. All 3 boys said that they didn't have to break once! That tells you a lot about the speed of the karts. Don't waste your money, that is my tip.

3  Thank Andyroo1718
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Funspot was just as it is named a fun spot. My children loved this park. We especially enjoyed the go karts tracks. There are two Funspot parks in Orlando. We went to both and had just as much fun at both parks.