“Great Time”

Fun Spot America
Ranked #15 of 442 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A top-notch family fun theme park, with Orlando's only wooden roller coaster, family suspended steel coaster, multi-level go-kart tracks, the World's 2nd tallest SkyCoaster at 250 ft, a 101-foot high Ferris wheel, bumper cars, bumper boats, and of course, a giant arcade along with other assorted family and thrill rides for adults and children. Includes Gator Spot, a 15,000 sq ft oasis with over 100 gators, exotic reptiles and birds!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Compliment! We travel to orlando 2-3 times per year and Funspot is our favorite attraction and always the hilight of our trip (and has been for years). There is someting for all ages, your staff is TOP NOTCH!! I cannot express how much we love this amusement park. Today was the first time since the expansion.. we were there all day and did not want to leave. All the way from the new rides to the go carts, every member has their favorites and we talk about it for months.. until the next time we can attend. Please keep up the good work and give EVERY SINGLE EMPLOYEE KUDOS from a family of 4. Also, the prices are kept to a minimal, with the $5. refillable drinks to keep us hydrated, to the minimal admition, and to the delicious burgers in the cafe.This generation is a difficult time to rasie a family and making an amusement park that is so family affordable and fun is a huge contribution. THANK YOU FROM OUR ENTIRE FAMILY. Once again,we will treasure this until our next Orlando adventure!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,634)

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We went here specifically for the Go-karts. We have 3 boys aged 12, 16 and 18 who love Go-karting. We paid for them to have a go on the green track (which was recommended by the lady on the till as the fastest track). Well I must say what a disappointment. The boys set off in line and that is exactly how they stayed! There was hardly any power in the karts and no chance of taking over as the acceleration is very limited. All 3 boys said that they didn't have to break once! That tells you a lot about the speed of the karts. Don't waste your money, that is my tip.

3  Thank Andyroo1718
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Funspot was just as it is named a fun spot. My children loved this park. We especially enjoyed the go karts tracks. There are two Funspot parks in Orlando. We went to both and had just as much fun at both parks.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We saw this place while on our way to the Sweet Tomatoes Restaurant nearby. It says "Free Admission" and "Free Parking" so we decided to check it out. First thing my boys noticed were the numerous Go Kart tracks. They love driving Go Karts (as most teenage boys do) so we decided to stop by and take a look. The place was pretty empty for a Friday night but I must say that this place is spotless clean and pleasant. The employees there were very friendly and welcoming. The prices were reasonable given that you can get an unlimited ride wristband for only $40.

We headed over to the tracks and saw about 10 people in line at one of the 4 tracks. All the people seem to be having fun so I gave my boys a choice of whether to hit the Disney World parks or Fun Spot the next day since that was our last day in Orlando. The boys immediately chose Fun Spot over Disney. That works out for us too since Disney tickets would double our cost, and the boys visited the Disney parks in LA just months ago. I must say that they made a really great choice.

The next day they drove the Go Karts for hours. There were also other coaster rides and typical county fair type of rides. They liked those too but thought they were not as thrilling as those at Six Flags or Universal (needless to say). But it was fun nevertheless. Later in the day, there was some torrential rain and lightning for a couple of hours so the boys hit the arcades and that was fun for them too. We ended up spending over 10 hours at this place. Since this place is not very crowded, the boys spent more time playing rather than standing in line. They were able to ride the bumper cars again and again without even getting back in line.

The boys gave this place a fun rating equivalent to that at Universal Studios, and they want to come back again when we revisit Orlando in the future. They also suggested that we try the Fun Spot in Kissimmee as well. For the price and the unlimited fun they had, I'd say this place is well worth visiting when you are in Orlando.

I must also note that even though most of the employees there were teenagers and young adults, they all had a very professional attitude and were very friendly. I see their employees sweeping the grounds and clearing standing water with leaf blowers constantly. The place is kept up very well, which suggest that management does care about the place and that the rides should be well maintained. Safety is a huge concern for me since this place is "smaller" than the regular theme parks we normally visit. But the frequent maintenance of the park reassures me that management does care, so I'd highly recommend this place.

If you buy the wristband after 10pm, it's good for the next day as well, since they close at midnight. Also, they offer a ticket option to visit both of their parks so that might be worth considering.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We spent a day at Fun Spot America as a low key break from our days at Universal and Sea World. I didn't expect much, but we'd gotten a pretty good deal on the all day ride and go cart passes, so I figured we'd spend a few hours there and hopefully have a nice time. I have to say, Fun Spot was a true highlight of our trip.

This location has some brand new additions, which is why we chose it over the Kissimmee location. I'm really glad we did. The two new rollercoasters were surprisingly fun, even after repeated visits to Islands of Adventure to ride Hulk and Dragon Challenge. White Lightning was probably the most fun we had all day - riding it at night in the rain was a treat. The go cart tracks were fun, and each one was different, so it didn't get boring. The Paratrooper and Rip Curl were fun and very nostalgic for me, as those were two of my favorite rides at a park I used to visit as a child. The Enterprise ride was VERY fun and worth the visit just to be able to ride that one again and again.

In addition to some fun rides and go cart tracks, there is a restaurant and an arcade/snack bar area. The $5 drink cup with unlimited refills was a big hit on the hot day we visited, and we also took advantage of the $5 popcorn with $1 refills. Prices on food were quite reasonable, but we took a break at lunch time and ate off site (Sweet Tomatoes and Del Taco are a block away - and both are excellent, by the way).

Restrooms and eating areas were pristine, and despite the crowds as the day progressed, they were kept clean. After the rainstorm which hit in the evening, employees dried the benches throughout the park with leaf blowers - what a nice touch!

I must say that the number one draw of this park is the staff. Everyone we encountered from the moment we walked in and got our wristbands through the really nice young man who sold my daughter a caramel apple as we left the park at 10 that night were some of the most friendly, enthusiastic people we encountered during our entire trip. The go cart staff should be commended for their ability to remain patient and keep smiles on their faces - I have to say, I would probably want to punch some of those kids (and adults) who simply don't seem willing to follow the rules. Nevertheless, the staff remained friendly no matter how obnoxious the guests might have been. I actually wanted to find a manager to commend him/her on the great staff and the wonderful overall experience, but once the rain began, everyone was so busy that I didn't want to take up anyone's time.

We hope to visit Orlando again soon, and Fun Spot is the one "definite" on our list of things to do again. I wish we lived closer, we'd buy annual passes in a heartbeat. Thanks for a wonderful day to everyone at Fun Spot America.

1  Thank Rowan555