“Please Don't Waste Your Money”

Orlando Science Center
Ranked #47 of 439 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: For more than 60 years, Orlando Science Center has been a place that inspires curiosity and exploration. Truly one of the great activities for Orlando families, the Science Center encourages learning in a fun way. There's no better place that combines fun and knowledge all under one roof! For visitors from out of town, Orlando Science Center is a must for your "things to do in Orlando" list. With four floors of exciting exhibits, amazing giant screen and 3-D films as well as engaging live programming, the Science Center is the perfect family destination. We're also the ideal rainy day escape!
Reviewed June 30, 2009

If you really want to see for yourself, call ahead. Check that exhibits are open, renovations aren't happening and the Air Conditioning is working. I am serious. It was out for 2 weeks and no one told us when we called ahead.

Attractions and "Exhibits" were very cheaply done and poorly executed. The Laser Light show was boring. The staff was not helpful at all. When we asked about the A/C and if it was at least cool in the planetarium the guy said "I don't know, they don't tell us anything".

There was no room attributed to astronomy or NASA! (there is the roof, where the telescope is).

Parking was $5, admission was $13 and to get a soda from the cooler (when A/C was out!) was $2.40.

Not recommended at all. Very disappointing.

3  Thank jesse223

Reviewed November 6, 2008

Great Bargin, no lines, fun and eductional. My 4 and 7 year old loved it. They loved all the interactive activities from digging dinosaur bones, standing in a tornado, flying a plane, picking oranges playing with a water falls, racing cars and much more. I would recommend it for anyone who likes to learn and play at the same time.

Reviewed September 14, 2008

My boyfriend and I visited the museum today, and, out of curiosity, wanted to see what others had said about the museum. We were a little surprised that all recent reviews were bad ratings. We both live in Florida and I actually enjoy learning about Florida wildlife and animals.

We walked around for about 2 hours and the fact that the dinosaur bones were fake was not a big deal (how many real ones are there anyways?!). We really enjoyed the Norman Rockwell exhibit--it was really interesting, as was most of the museum. There was also a tornado and hurricane simulator which were pretty cool.

There weren't many "school children" running around and the children that were there weren't much of a problem.

Only complaint is that the museum was closing, so we had to rush through the Dino Digs exhibit.

Reviewed July 7, 2008

OK people listen up to what I have to say. This will save you lots of money and time. First off the science center is not what it used to be so get the bridge, buggy and leggos out of your mind. It 'aint coming back. Why? Science center doesn't have money to renovate and the workers give you an attitude. You're better off going to the movie theater. So don't spend your time wasting over $100 just to see a broken down museum that can't even fix leaks (see dino digs).

1  Thank moonsunstars
Reviewed July 5, 2008

I would never go here again. Everything is cheap, boring and dirty. For the cost you could go miniature golfing and have a better time. You could have a more educational time as well. The dinosaur bones are fake, the trees are fake, and the live animals are in aquariums you could have bought at wal-mart 15 years ago. And they probably did. There is a huge emphasis on Florida wildlife, which as a Florida resident, is the most woefully uninteresting subject I can think of. The only maybe redeeming feature would be the films and other exhibits you have to pay like $20 extra for, which based on what I saw, probably suck too. Even the entry way is awful, a long unair-conditioned glass hallway is awesome and refreshing in mid-july. I hate this place. It needs to be shut down as soon as possible and have an apology letter sent out to every poor soul whoever visited it.

2  Thank Biblefruit69