“Great time for all!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #49 of 419 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: For more than 60 years, Orlando Science Center has been a place that inspires curiosity and exploration. Truly one of the great activities for Orlando families, the Science Center encourages learning in a fun way. There's no better place that combines fun and knowledge all under one roof! For visitors from out of town, Orlando Science Center is a must for your "things to do in Orlando" list. With four floors of exciting exhibits, amazing giant screen and 3-D films as well as engaging live programming, the Science Center is the perfect family destination. We're also the ideal rainy day escape! Please note, on Fridays and Saturdays through March 27, 2016 Orlando Science Center has extended hours for Star-Studded Evenings from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. for Digital Adventure Theater films and the Crosby Observatory (weather-permitting) only. After 5:00 p.m. exhibit halls will be closed.
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great time for all!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have 3 children ages 6, 10 and 13; they all had a great time here and have asked to go back soon! We loved the weather room and the girls found the hurricane chamber to be amazing!

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
Saint Cloud, Florida, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great For Kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Nice place for family with small children or feild trips for schools. Have not been in a while but the kids love it so much to do

Lancashire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great break in between the parks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

We spent a good half day at the Science Centre with our two girls 11 & 8. The Star Wars exhibition with its original costumes and models is a great find and a contrast to the park experience. The Science Park and Our Planet Our Universe sections had a good selection of interactive exhibits which kept us all occupied. The Cine Dome is very impressive, but would go for the latest film release.
There are a few minor negatives (the $5 per head ticket for the Millennium Falcon Experience isn't worth it), but from our exprience the Science Centre was well worth the visit.

Albany, New York
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Wow!! If you have kids of any age, don't miss this!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

What a great time I had while visiting with my 3 year old grandson! From the minute you walk in, there are things to see, touch, experience and explore! If you're a Star Wars fan, you'll enjoy seeing all the costumes and props used in the Star War Movies! Really cool experiments to do with magnets, hovercrafts and robots!!
There are four fun fill floors to enjoy and my grandson and I loved each one!! The dinosaurs were a big hit; especially the T-Rex!! You put a dollar in the slot and can move it around using buttons at your control panel. You can "dig" for dinosaur bones and see their skeletons! Clean restrooms located exactly where and when you need them! Gift shop on the way out (which we flew through!) and Star War photo opportunities, too! Now I know what my grandson looks like as a Jedi!!
Plan to spend most of your day here; it's well worth it. The only down side would be that the Cafe offers only Subway food....it would be nice if they had something else to choose from. Other than that, it's perfect! A little on the pricey side, but that was because of the Star War exhibit. The parking garage and walkway make this easy to access in any weather.
This place was time well spent and the photos of my grandson exploring and experiencing each display make it all worth it!! Disney is not the only place to see in FL!!

1 Thank Marty5755
newmfong
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Star Wars Exhibit Was Cool, but Not Really Worth the Price....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

One of the big reasons why we had OSC on our list was because of the Star Wars exhibit. We stumbled onto this because we were making hotel reservations and OSC was on their "things to do". Since my husband and 8 yr. old son are really big fans of Star Wars, we thought it would be interesting. We were just taking a mini weekend vacation because we had tix to Legoland and glad to add one more thing to our itinerary. We found an offer for 2-for-1 tickets to OSC through http://visitorlando.com, but when I presented this at the ticket counter, I was told that they are not accepting ANY types of offer or discounts until April 2013, due to the Star Wars exhibit. The tickets were $27 for each adult and $21 for my son. There was nothing we could do since we were already there and hoped that the Star Wars exhibit was worth it. I have to say, it was a very cool exhibit and had lots of interactive things for my son to do. The downside of this exhibit is that you are only allowed to enter once. For $27, you would think they would allow you to enter more than once.

The movies, which are included in the admission price, were very good. The movie projected on the CineDome screen was breath-takingly realistic. It was our first time and my son and I were dizzy because it felt like we were flying. He loved it and this is coming from a kid who doesn't care for 3 and 4-D movies!

We liked that their cafe had a Subway restaurant and the menu prices were actually reasonable. There are a ton of interactive things and play zones for the kids. My son also loved the life-size chess game. After 4 hours, my son didn't want to leave, but WE were ready ;-)

This is DEFINITELY a fun place for kids and the family can spend a few hours here (great for rainy days!), but for teens and adults and considering the price, it's not really worth it.