6,879 results
All reviewsharvest bistrola lucelazy riverdisney parksdisney viewkids eat freepool areabeautiful hotellobby barbreakfast buffetresort feegreat poolself parkingpool staffhollywood studiosnear disneyper day
Reviewed April 12, 2010

I've been to Orlando several times for business, and with my family and friends. Now, if you're like me, and hearing Mickey Mouse's voice on the buses and in the stores really makes your skin crawl, then staying at the Hilton Bonnet Creek is a great alternative to staying on Disney property.

The location is great, because you feel like you're on Disney property, but you're not actually part of it. The only thing that gives that away are the shuttles - they are timed, and not official Disney shuttles, which as I mentioned earlier - I can really do without.

My stay was part business, and part vacation, so in terms of business and leisure hotel, this property is great. The room was large and comfortable, and they had a great deal for in room internet (3 days at $19.99), which I think any business traveler can appreciate. You also had a choice of wireless or plugging in the ethernet cable like the old days. While, I did not have a view of the property or Disney, I was very comfortable, and ordered room service two nights while I stayed in my room to work. The food was exceptional, and the room service staff was helpful and friendly.

I also made it to the gym on property two of the 3 nights I stayed there, and found the gym very adequate, and enjoyable since it was very sunny, and all of the equipment was brand new. There is also a running trail that i took advantage of one evening that takes you around to their sister property, The Waldorf Astoria.

Unfortunately, I didn't get any time by the pool, but I could see that everyone was enjoying themselves either in the lazy river, or at the pool bar. All of the kids seemed like they enjoyed themselves as well. The weather was amazing the week I was there, so overall this Orlando experience was top notch.

The only drawback I had was with the valet parking. It was $21 dollars a day, and it was $14 for self park. The self parking area was nowhere to be found, so you really didn't want to self park - some signage would have been nice giving guests an option. The parking staff seemed inconsistent, and it took over 10 minutes to bring my car around on a few occasions. I also saw a few people arguing with the valet staff two out of the three days, because they were not aware of the price difference for valet parking. They should really have some signage, or require the parking agents to hand each guest a piece of paper that they can initial, so that they know exactly what the difference is.

I would stay at this property again. I would also recommend it to people who don't really want all of the Disney "brainwashing" for their entire stay. Keep in mind that Universal is a great time, and there are other attractions to be seen in Orlando for kids and adults alike.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2010

The architecture and decor are beautiful! All of the ammenities are easily accessed. Front desk, concierge, valet, and housekeeping services were outstanding. They've really outdone themselves with the swimming pool area. My kids had a blast. The room was big and charmingly decorated.
COMPLAINTS:
-They wanted a $700 ADDITIONAL ($100 PER DAY, 7 DAY STAY) deposit for room charges that we MIGHT make! THAT WAS ABSURD TO ME!
-Because the hotel is somewhat off the beaten path, they take advantage and all restraunt charges are OUTRAGEOUS! (an order of nachos, and 2 kids meals at the pool bar was $40, plus tip)
-Pool bar service is terrible. It takes forever to get service, then takes forever to get the food you did finally order.
-Not enough seating available at the pool area. I witnessed several arguments between other guests ( we weren't involved ) over pool/lounge chairs.

Overall, we had a great stay, and shuttle service to the Disney parks was a fantastic service. Next time, we'll bring our own groceries.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2010

We found this hotel on a whim and gave it a shot even though the prices seemed really low for Disney. Wow is all I have to stay....everything was top notch (except food in Harvest Bistro....wasnt all that good) Staff was very helpful, accomodating, and helpful. Bed was so comfortable that my 3 1/2 year old didnt want to get out some mornings!!!! Would recommend this to everyone. Bus schedule seemed pretty good to the parks and all the drivers were friendly as well.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2010

This is a great mid price hotel in a fantastic location, no more than a 10 min drive to any of the Disney World parks and downtown Disney. Whole hotel is shiny and new, lovely staff, great pool and a lovely atmosphere all round! I never do reviews but had such difficulty choosing a hotel that i felt obliged to write one on this hotel.....it is a great all rounder and don't hesitate to book it !

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank honest36
Reviewed April 9, 2010

We stayed here for six nights over Spring Break and enjoyed every minute of it. The front desk staff and concierge were super friendly and helpful from the moment we checked in until the moment we left. The kids LOVED the pool with water slide and lazy river, and asked every night after we got back from the parks to go swimming. We at both breakfast and dinner at The Harvest Bistro. It had great selection and delicous food, plus it was a good value since the kids ate free. The rooms were very nice and comfortable. We relied on the hotel shuttle service to get us to and from the parks. It was very reliable and the drivers were quite courteous and professional. If you only plan on visiting Disney parks, you REALLY do not need a car. Trust me, once you arrive at the hotel, you will not want to leave!

Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family