“Nothing not to love at this hotel!”

Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
Ranked #24 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 26, 2014

As residents of Central Florida since before Disney even opened, we have stayed at many beautiful hotels and resorts in the area.
Orlando has some of the nicest hotels and resorts at some of the best rates you can find and Hilton Bonnet Creek was no exception. From the moment we pulled up to the entrance to the moment we left we received nothing but 5 star service. The property is beautiful and pristine, the pool and lazy river (the reason we stayed here!) was beautifully relaxing and the food and drink was excellent as well.
We stayed on a Monday and Tuesday which I would highly recommend if possible. The pool was never crowded and most of the time we were the only ones using the water slide. It was perfect! I would recommend the Beech restaurant as well for lunch.
I have to give a shoutout to our ultra friendly and attentive bartender Angel as he made us feel comfortable from the moment we walked in! He also recommended eating at La Luce which was absolutely fantastic. Wonderful food and top notch service by all. We had added the Disney view option to our reservation and had a beautiful view of the fireworks when we went back to the room.
Working in the hotel business for 10 years, including a couple of Hiltons, I cannot say enough good things about this hotel and recommend this property to anyone! Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Beautiful view from the higher floors
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank billianna
Deana H, Director of Guest Relations at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Dear billiana,
Thank you for your wonderful review! We strive on a daily basis to exceed guest expectations and we are thrilled to see we were so successful during your vacation! Thank you for giving such great recognition to our team members for their exceptional service! We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort!

Reviewed August 25, 2014

I have never been to a hotel with a lazy river pool where you had to buy a pool float. This is a very guest unfriiendly policy and very unfriendly to the envirnoment as most of these cheap plastic floats end up in our landfills after your stay. How in the world does a family flying in and out for a vacation get any value out of that? It is extraordinariily wasteful. How does the planet benefit from the endless supply of plastic being produced and dumped in our communities? I hate this policy enough to write about it and really hope they will reconsider this extremely poor business model.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank tracyme29
Deana H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2014

Dear Tracyme29,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and your feedback of the pool floats. We will certainly share this feedback with our Management Team for further follow-up. With that said, we did develop this process of purchasing individual pool floats for the benefit and convenience of our guests. In the past, the pool floats were rented each day by each guest, but in order to create a better experience for our guests, we decided to no longer offer the tubes as daily rentals.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Love the quick elevators, beautiful view of golf course and pool area, friendly staff and comfy beds! Parking is easy and convenient, even though it is a little pricey. Coffee shop has excellent coffee!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Kris N

Dear Kris N,
Thank you for your nice review! We are so happy to hear you had such a wonderful stay. We look forward to seeing you and your family in the near future!

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Considering it belongs to the Hilton brand, I was expecting a lot more from this hotel. Check-in was not at all smooth. I obtained relevant information from the reception on my own. One expects info such as breakfast, in-house restaurants, room floor & no. to be told by them during check in. This is mandatory! That aside, rooms were good and clean. The landscaping done around the backside of the hotel was amazing. Maybe presence of a golf course nearby plays a role in that! The hotel property includes a pool plus a circular(walking depth) in which guests can rent a tube(at $5) and enjoy. During our stay, there was a cake competition cum exhibition (we were unaware of this). I repeat, the staff should take an interest in informing guests about activities. Also, during my stay, there was a cafe which served coffee and small bakery items till quite late at night. I found breakfast to be a bit steep at $22 and ate outside hotel. Lastly, check-out was quick and abrupt.
Overall, I might stay here again IF the staff becomes friendly and attentive to the needs of the guest.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Deana H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2014

Dear landwater_travel,

We would also like to thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek. I truly apologize for the service you experienced, as this is certainly not the level of service we pride ourselves in. We have shared this information with our Management Team, so that we can understand what we can do to provide a better experience for our guests.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future and restoring your faith in the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

We stayed here four years ago when it first opened and loved it! The "lazy river" pool was exactly what we needed to relax and decompress. They do a wonderful job of managing the kids in the pool and although it was a bit crowded on Saturday morning, it was very tolerable. We stayed here this past weekend for the same reason. While our stay was good, and we still HIGHLY recommend the pool, and will likely stay there again, there were some small things that added up to some frustration.

First, check-in is at 4pm which is the latest of any hotel I've ever stayed at. The best they could do was 3pm. We planned on this and arrived ready to hit the pool. Second, neither of the lamps by the bed worked and they were not connected to the wall switch (we tried every button, switch and plug in the room). Third, there was no seal/sweep/gasket on the shower door so water leaked all over the bathroom floor. It was a good thing we had accidentally brought back a pool towel! Fourth, they charge you a $22 "resort" fee that is non-negotiable and it includes stuff we don't ever use: internet (we don't use unsecured wireless), kids breakfast (we have none), golf cart (not golfers) and access to the spa (too pricey). I was annoyed to be charged this. Finally, if you want late check-out - which is anything after 11am - be prepared to pay for it.

Another thing to remember - parking costs $18/day if you park yourself or $26 if you valet. Since the parking garage is connected to the building, and it is small, park your own car and save the $8. The food was good (with LOTS of options) but remember, you're at a resort so it'll be more expensive.

Room Tip: Construction was going on during the day but was quiet at night. I would recommend a higher level r...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jbuck101
Deana H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2014

Dear JBuck101,

Thank you for sharing your feedback in regards to your stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the pool and lazy river, but are disappointed to know that you had various challenges during your stay. Our goal is to provide great service and help create memorable experiences, and it looks as though we fell short in these areas. Please feel free to reach out to me personally at the hotel if I may provide any further assistance with booking a future stay with us.

We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed August 23, 2014

Upon arrival at this 5 star hotel we were quite pleased at how nice it looked . When we pulled up outside we were told we could not use main lobby and were directed to a makeshift lobby . We checked in and we're not informed about ongoing building work that was due to complete in the fall this we found out on way to our room as we passed a sign stating this and massive areas draped and cordoned of by a large curtain. We were given a room on 6 th floor excellent view of Disney fireworks.room was ok I don't think it was as clean as it should have been as I found sweets and nail clippings on the floor from previous guests also very dusty .
Lazy river very nice plenty of sun beds parasols and fresh towels the bar near the pool is called the beech it's quite nice a bit on pricey side they do a bar service which we did use to fetch drinks on a couple of occasions I left my coke because the time I waited turned it very watery hence un drinkable and at nearly 6 dollars we started to get our own. Breakfast is served downstairs at the harvest bistro. At 24 dollars per person for what they served I don't think I would have used if It haven't had been for the vouchers we received on check in. some of the days were ruined by building work which I did complain about and brought to the attention of virgin rep and the hotel. Some of the hotel staff were quite rude and unhelpful on the whole I had a good time but I have stayed in better 4 stars

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Dadraa
Deana H, Director of Guest Relations at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

Dear Dadraa,
Thank you for sharing your feedback in regards to your recent stay. I apologize for the service challenges experienced, as this certainly is not indicative of our Hotel service. Our goal is to provide great service and help create memorable experiences, and it looks as though we fell short in these areas during your stay. Please feel free to reach out to me personally at the Hotel if I may provide any further assistance with booking a future stay with us. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

This is a truly wonderful hotel. Service is great based on my experience of other hotels that I stay at frequently for work and pleasure. You could not go wrong with this hotel.

My father in law fell sick 3 am, not only the staff came up to the room promptly, they called 911 and since I wanted to drive to the hospital at the same time, by the time I got down to the lobby - they had my van out there ready to drive off.

One of the security person not only asked EMT about which hospital they are going to, he gave me directions and his cell number to call in case I take a wrong turn.

When we got back after a tiring day, at least 3 staff members asked how we were doing....When we got to the room - they had a get well soon flower arrangement sitting there!

Kids loved the lazy river, pool and pool side movies. One evening wanted to eat the food that we got from outside and asked restaurant staff for some plates....they delivered by pool side the following for 8 people:
Warm plates
Forks, knives
Cloth napkins

Entire experience was super due to their attention to detail and desire to to their best....

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family