“Weekend Vacation”

Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
Ranked #20 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The work week is very stressful and our little family needs mini vacations. We chose the Hilton at Bonnet Creek because of its lazy river pool, but we'll return to this property because its service was excellent, the food and beverage options were affordable and the amenities were great. One of my pet peeves is that most hotels no longer offer LAN connections. I was giddy to discover that the Hilton at Bonnet Creek provided this service.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank FosterJrM
Write a ReviewReviews (6,465)

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Bonnet Creek for a family birthday celebration. It is a very hectic time in Disney, so I was not surprised that the hotel was packed. That being said, it was only a bit of an issue at meal times, but they keep everything pretty organized so it is what it is.

We had two meals at the Beech (sp?) Restaurant by the pool. The service was SUPER friendly, but slow (probably because of the number of people). The menu is limited, but in my opinion, you shouldn't be picky at a pool restaurant. We also had breakfast daily at the Harvest Café, which was good, but also packed. The omelet station takes a long time, so get there early or just choose something else. The waffles can also take some time. You can alternatively order off the regular menu (in lieu of the buffet).

The rooms were spacious, but we did have a suite with a living area and two rooms connecting to it. The beds were comfortable and everything was clean. The room was a bit warm despite lowering the A/C.

We used the buses to get to the parks. The way there took FOREVER, but the way back was fairly quick. Both ways were pleasant. As always, pack your patience in Disney. This is what you would expect from a higher-end Hilton. So take the hundreds of people in stride and just enjoy yourself.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank ZCastro
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I have stayed at this resort many times. While I love the pool - I noticed this last time that the pool was showing age - and now that they allow the tubes - it really is crowded.
There are a lot of "extras." Resort charge, parking charge ... most days the rate is reasonable especially for the location; but, I truly think once you consider the fee's - you have to seriously consider if this is your best option. The hotel is crisp and clean. King bed rooms have a nicer bathroom than 2 beds. There is a glass shower and it is just nicer. I really could care less about the view as I am usually not in the room - but there are some rooms that are smaller. You can tell when you pull up where those rooms are as they punch in to the building and others punch out. They charge the same for these rooms - so just ask at the desk for a room that does not punch in. The walk from the elevator can be really long; however, a lot of the rooms that are smaller are actually near to the elevator. This hotel gets a lot of business travel. What draws people in is the pool; but, for me - I do not think it is enough to come back. The extra fees added $50 to my rate-
and that made it not such a great deal.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lilimadsn
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

We unexpectedly had four extra days in Orlando so we decided to stay at Hilton Bonnet Creek. What a great decision this was!

The hotel is beautiful and very convenient for Disney Parks. The hotel does offer a complimentary shuttle to Disney but I never tried it. It was very convenient to drive there directly from Hilton.

The resort has a wonderful pool area and the restaurant offers a great breakfast!

The hotel room was clean, new and quiet. What more could you ask for?!?

This is definitely my new go to hotel for Walt Disney World vacations!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I stayed over in this Hilton during a conference in Orlando, and even though the hotel is very much a vacation place (it is located right in the middle of the Disney Resorts!), it is a very convenient accommodation to get anywhere in Orlando: Orange County Convention Centre is easily accessible, as well as two main shopping areas (Premium Outlets and Florida Mall), and the restaurants in the different hotel complexes nearby are all very good. To top it all up, a nice swimming pool and a well-equipped Gym. Excellent place to stay !

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stayed here for four nights and had a great stay. The lazy pool is amazing and the staff is wonderful. Only downside is the transportation to Disney, the times are not convenient and we ended up spending tons of money on cabs. It does not run as much as Disney resort buses run although the buses are much nicer. The person checking us in took note of my daughters 4th birthday and sent a cupcake and balloons one day for her. She was thrilled. That was a very nice personal touch. Food and bar is great but pricey. Breakfast was not worth the expense.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I recently stayed here for two weeks with my mum and 6yr old son. I initially chose the hotel due to very high ratings on trip advisor and had booked well in advance. As time got closer until departure from Bonnie Scotland, the hotel had moved down the list of best hotels, leaving me a bit anxious. I needn't have worried as the hotel was great. The hotel itself can feel quite business-like due to the constant conferences & suited delegates walking around, however, there are equally as many families and bathing suits wandering to the pool. The hotel is huge and to be honest, we didn't even get to explore all of it due to the Disney mayhem but maybe next time.... The pool/lazy river area is fab and the kids have a ball as even at its deepest points, the water is only approx 4 or 4.5ft but plenty of shallow areas for younger kids. There is also a small dedicated toddler/baby pool, a hot tub and a smashing water chute. There were 2 members of staff in attendance at the chute, one at the bottom to hand out life jackets to young kids or non-swimmers and to signal the other staff member at the top when the coast was clear to let someone else slide down. I thought this was very safety conscious of the Hilton and felt able to allow my son to go on it without me having to be there all the time. The hotel provides towels for the sunloungers (as many as you need) which was brilliant and even when really busy, we managed to find loungers no problem. The food at the pool was very good as were the buffet breakfasts at the Harvest Bistro. We also made use of room service on occasion and bought cakes, snacks & drinks from Muse, all of which were fine but a bit on the expensive side for those of us who couldn't claim it back under business expenses. We also tried the Italian restaurant La Luce and while I enjoyed the pasta dish I had, the portion was not overly generous and the prices again were expensive for what you got so we didn't go back! As the hotel links to the Waldorf, you can use the facilities and eateries there also. For those of you going to take part in all things Disney, the hotel run frequent free shuttles to the nearby parks and downtown Disney area. The shuttle's were always very prompt and always turned up which was a blessing, especially at night with a tired 6yr old hanging off your back, neck leg etc!! The driver's were very friendly and I never had a problem getting on a bus. To get to the likes of Universal, Sea world, Discovery Cove etc, for myself who chose not to drive, it was quite a costly affair in taxis and the hotel town cars are around double the price of an ordinary taxi, although comfort and more reliable! The concierge are very helpful in phoning other taxis if you request and they also supply the list of shuttle times/destinations each week. I think the thing that makes this hotel one Worth visiting and for which it deserves praise, is the friendliness & helpfulness of the hard working staff who manage and run the place like clockwork. Of the small niggles we had, these were dealt with promptly and efficiently without making us feel like we were a nuisance or that it was a chore. From the minute we arrived after a very long delayed journey, we were met with kindness & compassion and a special mention should be given to these people: Stuart the Bellboy, Brian in engineering, Eleanor Davis in engineering, the waiting staff in the Harvest Bistro and last but not least the lovely managers of the Harvest Bistro, Sean Dorer and Cassandra. All of these staff at one point or another went out of their way to help us, fix problems and make our stay an enjoyable one. They gave treats to my son and ourselves and had exemplary customer service skills. Thank you all and maybe see you again...

• Stayed: April 2014