“World-Class Service Steps away from Disney World”

Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
Ranked #25 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Hainesport, New Jersey
“World-Class Service Steps away from Disney World”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

If you want to experience world-class service a short distance away from Disney World, this property is for you.

I returned to the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, this time with 7 family members with me. We occupied a few rooms at the property to celebrate some birthdays, anniversaries, and of course..a visit to the theme parks with some kids. I had reached out to the hotel staff a few weeks before arrival to discuss special arrangements (having things like birthday cake, balloons, champagne,etc.) set-up in the rooms as a surprise.

Mark Huurneman worked with me to get beautiful, spacious rooms for my family...and assisted me with the amenities I had ordered. I'm an HHonors Diamond frequent traveler and spend weeks every year in some of the nicest properties in the Hilton family ...like the Conrad Sanya in Hainan, China or the Jumeirah Hilton in Dubai, where I stayed at both in recent months. I'm fairly demanding and have a high level of expectations when it comes to service at hotels...and know the level of service low-end Hiltons like Hampton Inns provide...and high-end Hiltons like Conrads provide. I'm pleased to say that Mark and the staff here were definitely on the high-end side, providing friendly service one would expect at a more premium-priced property.

This Hilton is a great value, providing comfortable rooms, great service, beautiful views, and awesome facilities just moments from the Disney parks. As others have reported & reviewed, the Lazy River and pool complex at this property is excellent, well maintained and serviced. Elevators are numerous and speedy. Rooms are clean and quickly warmed/cooled to your specifications. WiFi is speedy. Bathrooms provide ample room: King bedded rooms have a spacious shower while two bedded rooms have a tub/shower combo. Water pressure was great as was the responsiveness to get hot water when needed. While the bedrooms aren't the largest, they are comfortable enough to let a family stretch out a bit before/after sleep. Available parlor suites provide more room to stretch out in; mine included a dining room table with seating for 8, a large desk, and a large sleeper sofa in the living room. Combined with adjoining king and 2-queen bedrooms, the parlor suite configuration offers plenty of sleeping space...plenty of places to watch TV or catch up on work... and a total of 3 full bathrooms, 2 with shower/tub and 1 with the large shower area and no tub.

We were on the top floor and didn't hear any noise outside from the hall or from other rooms; it was quite peaceful.

Exceptional service was provided throughout the resort --especially in Harvest Bistro, where some of the friendliest servers I have ever encountered worked. The few times we all ate together, we triggered the automatic 18% gratuity there for large parties.. but the service was so good, we actually put significant, additional tip on the check.

Throughout the property, the staff was always friendly and smiling, and you got the sense they were very happy to be employed there...and their satisfaction and happiness really shined through their service.

At check-out, I encountered a problem with my bill (which I almost expected...I had multiple rooms and reservations all routed to my account, and some charges/credits weren't applied properly.) Even then, the situation was resolved by very friendly staff.

All in all, this is a great resort in a great location. You won't find a better property for a better value any closer to the Disney Parks.

However, one downside to the property is the theme park shuttle service offered by Mears through a branded Hilton/Waldorf bus. As great and as friendly the service is in/around the resort, the shuttle service lacks the friendly efficient service you'd expect. Shuttle drivers are moody and grumpy ...and in some cases, ill prepared. One morning the driver got lost...we knew we were in trouble when we ended up on I-4 west heading towards Tampa and no longer within the Disney resort area. Guests on the bus had to route the driver back towards the Disney area for a very long journey back to the parks. Depending on which park you wanted to go to and when, you may need to wait on the bus for upwards of an hour to get to where you need to go --even though the parks are right there. I went during the off season and even during off times during the day/night, I was stuck on the bus standing without any places to sit. The drivers hassle people for room keys to board the shuttle from the resort ...but don't check for any keys when leaving the parks. I found it odd: why would someone come to the Hilton/Waldorf and pay more to park there and take the shuttle...than it would be to park right at an actual Disney parking lot? They should have more shuttles running --perhaps one each for the Hilton and the Waldorf, each dedicated to going to only 1 or 2 parks rather than multiple parks. I can't imagine how bad the shuttle service is in higher/busier seasons.

Shuttle service to the theme parks aside, the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek is a great resort in a great location, armed with some of the most friendly, service-focussed employees in the Hilton family. If you are ever in the Disney World area and want a great stay without a huge price tag, this place is for you.

Room Tip: King bed rooms have a spacious shower; 2-bed rooms have a tub/shower combo.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,394)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wildwood, New Jersey
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Great hotel! Loved the relaxing feel. Came here for a wine festival and and the staff was able to answer any questions we have and give us recommendations. I have done quite a bit on business in Orlando, but usually don't have time to relax. So seeing the city and enjoying the hotel was wonderful.

1) The bar was great, they made sure to put time and effort in to conversing with us
2) The rooms were comfortable and spacious
3) The food was absolutely phenomenal! Loved the steak there

Overall it was a great trip! Thanks for your service!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hemel Hempstead, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

My mum planned a holiday in Florida for us and we spent most of our time at Hilton bonnet creek, as she'd managed to get a deal. We arrived at the hotel at midnight as we'd just driven up from Dunedin. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful, and surprisingly lively for that time of night. Our room was very clean and spacious and had a great view of the pool/lazy river. My mum had lots of vouchers to spend on a free all-you-can-eat breakfast, while the waiters dealt with the drinks. The service there was actually quite disappointing, all except for one waiter called Rocky, who was very helpful and seemed to love working there. The pool was excellent and we loved going in it. The virgin lounge was also excellent, boasting free WiFi, computers, a Wii and even a pool table! We were extremely satisfied with our stay and we hope to go back there another time.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Florida
Reviewed November 14, 2013

A great Hilton hotel inside Disney, Newer & better than the one in downtown Disney, If you are visiting Disney parks, This is a great location, But nothing within walking distance, You will need a car or take the shuttle or Taxi, Easy to get on I-4. Check in friendly & fast, two separate sets of elevators for lower & higher floors, room is nice & clean, all common areas are a little beyond Hilton standard. Be aware this is a $22 resort fee which covers nothing useful besides wifi. You have to pay $6.00 for the tube to enjoy the lazy river, pool is only 3+ ft for kids or very short people. There is also $16 per day for parking. My room # is 1754, When I walked in, one of the dresser's drawer was open, I closed it many times, it opened up right away, house keeper should have informed right department to have it fixed. The clock on the night stand was 5 hour late, I'm a silver hhonor member but He didn't give me a bottle of water. Overall, It's good hotel, could improve in some areas.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Split, Croatia
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Very good hotel. New building. Good structure (grocery store; caffe, restaurants, pool, disney store). The surrounding is very beautiful. The self parking lot is cheaper, but a little far from the rooms, what makes it more difficult to carry asleep children... A fridge and a microwave oven would be useful in the room.

Room Tip: High rooms, a little close to elevators.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DaniMM2013
Northern Ireland
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My wife and I arrived at Bonnet Creek on the 9th October. We love the hotel, this was our third
visit. On the third morning at breakfast, my wife collapsed very seriously ill. She was rushed to
Orlando South Hospital and spent the next three weeks in intensive care. She was released after
24 days, a doctor accompanied flight was organised for six days hence. I had been staying beside
the hospital, I thought " I'll see if Bonnet Creek could put us up for the next six nights ". Glen, the
general manager said " come on down". We were greeted by Glen, Chris and Mark, two front of house managers. Chris gave us a bag full of lovely greeting presents, our room was a beautiful suite on the 16th floor, in the room was a trolley with a cold meat platter and drinks. There was a free meal in La Luce our favourite restaurant. Most movingly was a card saying " welcome home"
with personal messages from the staff. My wife and I couldn't speak, it brings a lump to my throat
thinking about it now. I must mention Brenda from the Harvest restaraunt who came to see us
twice in the hospital bringing flowers from the hotel. Heather is on the mend now, she and I can't
express our gratitude to everyone at Bonnet Creek.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank eoinmac
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here while attending the food and wine festival at Epcot.
At check in, we were greeted by Veronica, who was a very kind and gracious employee. We told her we were there for our 16th wedding Anniversary. So she made sure we were given a room in a quiet location with a lovely view. When we arrived at the room, we immediately noticed it smelled like smoke-which surprised us in a non-smoking hotel. Nonetheless, we went back down to see Veronica, who apologized immediately, and found us another room.
This room was also a quiet location on an upper floor, so we were quite pleased.
The room was clean, the lighting very good, and the size decent enough. There was only two of us, so it was fine.
We went back to the lobby to catch the shuttle over to Epcot. In the lobby, there was free tastings of 3 types of wine, and sushi. I thought that was awesome. The lobby itself was beautiful, with an amazing crystal chandelier, and all the touches that make a hotel seem first class.
The shuttle bus runs every hour to the parks. The only downside, was our bus to Epcot first stopped at Magic Kingdom. Our 10 minute ride to the park instead took 45 minutes. From that point onward, we took a taxi or town car; unless we had time to spare.
We stayed two nights at the Hilton Bonnet Creek, and each night we had a WONDERFUL sleep. The bed was so comfortable and so were the pillows. It is so rare to find both at a hotel. And my husband, who travels endlessly for his job, said this was one of the quietest hotels he has ever stayed in. You never heard doors shutting, or people in the hallway.
On the second day of our stay, there was champagne in the room, and chocolate dipped strawberries with a Happy 16th Anniversary note attached to it.
From check in to check out, each employee was smiling and kind. We are so glad to have stayed here for our Anniversary. Thank you to the staff of Hilton for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple