“A fine stay at the Hilton”

Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
Ranked #23 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My family (wife and two year old) and I stayed at the Hilton for six nights (Sat-Fri). Our overall experience was positive with a few minor annoyances.

Reception and Check-in: We were greeted politely by the valet and the bellboy helped with our luggage from our car. Check-in was very quick and the lady at the front desk was very friendly a gave me a basic rundown of the property and explained my HHonors Gold benefits. Upon arriving to our room we waited longer than expected for our luggage to arrive.

Room: We booked a room with a king bed on a high floor away from the elevator with a view facing Downtown Disney. The room was a good size for the three of us. The bed was comfortable. The A/C worked well and was very quiet. In fact, the room was so quite at night that I wound up turning on the vent fan in the bathroom for some white noise. The wifi in-room worked for the most part. I had connectivity issues one early morning (4am) so I wound up using the 4G connection on my phone. We had the room cleaned three times during our stay. They did a good job. I could tell the toilet was definitely cleaned because the fingerprint I left on the chrome lever was wiped off. The lack of a tub in the bathroom did make bathing the little one a bit of a challenge.

Pool: My family and I loved the pool. Especially, my daughter. The beach entry section of the pool is great for the little ones to gradually get comfortable with the water. The lazy river was really fun. We did not opt to buy the inner tubes which I feel should be available to borrow for free as a guest. Also, the pool is on the west side of the hotel so you won't get sun until later in the day.

Dining: The only meal we had at the hotel was breakfast. As a Gold HHonors member I was given vouchers for free continental breakfast every morning. This did not include the hot stuff ie. omelets, sausage, bacon. That was an extra $6 which isn't a bad deal but would it kill Hilton to include it as a Gold member? The full breakfast buffet is $25 without the voucher. We had a different server every morning and most of them were very friendly. We even got free upgrades to the full breakfast on three of the five mornings we ate there. The cooks at the omelet station very easily accommodated my daughter's dairy allergy.

Parking: We opted for the self-parking at the parking structure adjacent to the hotel. It's $17 a day (tax included). I found that spots were only difficult to come by on the weekend. There are even spots designated for electric cars with charging stations. Be careful when driving in the structure. I'm very experienced with parking garages in NYC and Philadelphia and the people in NY and PA drive a lot safer in them than those at the Hilton. I thought I was watching the filming of the "Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift" featuring the employees of the Hilton.

The miscellaneous: The lobby area has computers you can use to print out boarding passes but they don't have a web browser if you need to print out tickets to theme parks. Those have to be printed from the FedEx center downstairs where you are charged per minute to use the PC and then an additional fee per page that's printed. I've never stayed at a Hilton before so perhaps this is the standard but I was a bit annoyed.

Although not required I would recommend renting a car for a least a day to get some groceries and snacks and to explore the area. There is a Whole Foods, Walmart and Publix within a 10 to 15 minute drive of the hotel. My recommended nearby restaurants are Roy's for fine dining and Sweet Tomatoes for casual dining in Apopka.

I booked this hotel because of it's positive reviews here, the pool, and it's proximity to the Disney properties. The hotel certainly met my expectations despite the minor issues I mentioned. If I chose to stay off the Disney property on my next visit to Orlando I would stay at the Hilton again.

Room Tip: If you request a room away from the elevators they may put you AWAY from the elevators. It will pro...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank travelbman
Mark H, Front Office Manager at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback and experience in regards to your recent stay at our resort! We are very pleased to hear about the efficient arrival you experienced, as well as the great time you had at our resort pool! I did notice your comments regarding the parking and the speed of drivers in the garage. I have notified appropriate Managers and our Security team regarding this issue to ensure everyone is driving at a safe speed, as our guests' safety and well being is our top priority. I truly appreciate your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future for another stay with us. Thank you again.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,386)

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel is very clean and has way above average customer service. When I go to Walt Disney World this is the only hotel that I ever consider. It has a great location and good bus service to the Disney theme parks. I have even stayed here when going to Universal Studios, since the pool complex at the hotel is a huge draw.

Speaking of the pool area, the Beech bar has great food and even better service. Angel, one of the bartenders remembered me from a previous stay and welcomed me back as an old friend. He is a great representative of the Hilton corporation. Larry, one of the mangers outside, is also very visable helping staff and guests. Both of these staff members are reasons why this is the Orlando hotel for me.

One change (for the positive) since my last visit, the hotel eased up on control of towels. During the summer time, I had to sign out a towel. This visit I was able to pick up towels and drop them off without needing to sign them in and out. This is a small thing but it makes me more comfortable knowing that my towel usage is not being tracked.

The breakfast in the Harvest Bistro is a great value as your kids get to eat free. Fantastic choices. Also, I discovered there was an omlete station outside. I discovered a little late but maybe you will be luckier.

Bottom line, I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Pool and Disney views are a great way to start the day (message on pool lounge chairs) and end the d...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joe F

Joe F, thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience and feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Also, I truly appreciate your recognizing our team members who helped make your stay enjoyable and memorable: Angel and Larry. We have congratulated and recognized these team members for their outstanding service and helping to provide a great experience for you at the Beech Bar! We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future and thank you again. Warm Regards.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Hilton is a short drive or take the suttle to Disney. Rooms were very nice and updated. There is a small cafe on the first floor which you can stock up on food before you leave for the park. The gift shop also sells tickets to Disney so you do not have to wait on line when you get there. After a long day the pool is great to relax in or float threw the lazy river.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us and very pleased to hear you enjoyed the hotel, resort pool and proximity to the Disney Theme parks! We hope you will return again to stay with us in the future and thank you again. Warm Regards.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was a lovely hotel. It’s location, room, and amenities are excellent.

Specifically:

Location: From our room, we could see both Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Epcot. We could watch IllumiNations at night.

The hotel room was spacious and nicely appointed. The beds were extremely comfortable.

As Hilton Diamond members, we were upgraded to a spacious suite on the top floor.

The art in the building (focused around Florida biodiversity) was very cool.

The pool area included a lazy river and a series of small, connected pools. There were plenty of chairs, though we were irked to find that you had to buy the tubes.

It shares services with the Waldorf Astoria, so we were able to use the spa and get massages there.

The gym is very nice, and includes at least three ellipticals.

The lounge has a great balcony that overlooks the pool. Perfect place to sit and work.

When we were checked in, we were told that our room was ready and had already been “de-feathered.” I always put a request for hypoallergenic pillows and bedding in our reservation and this is the first time that it’s been done by the time we get there.

However, there were some downsides, some of them a bit nebulous.

As diamond members, our breakfast is usually included. Here, only the “continental” part of the breakfast buffet was included and we had to pay $6 to upgrade to the “hot” menu items.

Service was not great, particularly in the Harvest Bistro. We were consistently ignored throughout the meal, despite the fact that the restaurant was not at all busy (less than 15 percent full).

I left a pair of stud earrings on our nightstand when we checked out. I called to ask if they’d been found after we checked out, and never received a call back.

But really, my biggest complaint was that it wasn’t Disney. I didn’t really think I was much of a Disney freak. I typically cringe when told to have a “magical day.” But maybe it’s sinking in. We’re Disney Vacation Club members, and I’ve been staying on Disney property since I was three. The feeling of being on property, but not getting Disney service or standards, was disorienting.

Someone did tell me to have a “beautiful” day and once I was asked to “autograph” my receipt, but that only highlights the problem. The catchphrases aren’t what make Disney service exceptional. It’s the unwavering devotion to detail and to customer service.

My sister put it best: “If this hotel were anywhere else in the country, you’d love it. But because it’s in Disney, it’s just not quite right.” My expectations are higher in Disney country.

It’s a very nice hotel. It does have some Disney shuttles, though I wouldn’t want to have to plan my trip around their schedule. I might stay here again using points, but I’d always prefer to be at a Disney hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent experience with us at the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek resort! We are truly pleased to hear your positive comments regarding your stay and thank you for choosing us for your vacation, as well as your loyalty to Hilton Hotels. I am happy to hear you were able to be upgraded to a premium room and enjoyed the facilities of the resort. I have shared your feedback regarding your experience at the Harvest Bistro to the restaurant Managers for review and improvement. We are always striving for excellence and exceeding our guests expectations, so this is very important to us to hear this feedback. I hope you will return for another stay in the future should your travel plans bring you back to Orlando and the Disney Resort area!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Just got back from another stay at the Hilton Bonnet Creek. This is our second stay at this facility. We have tried the big three resorts in the area, the Marriott World Center, Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress and this one from Hilton. After going to all three, we have chosen this one as the place to go to when we want to get away for a weekend. We just like how the hotel is laid out. This is the only one of the three with a lazy river. You can literally spend a few hours just going around and around it. This is one of the main reasons we prefer Hilton over the other two among others. Only thing I wish they would change is doing away with some of the water jets that shoot water from the bridges and sides of the river. It detracts from lazily circling around the river when you get pelted with water in your face.

The poolside restaurant is better than the other three in our opinion. Nicer atmosphere though the food quality is just a notch below the Hyatt Regency Cypress Creek. Hyatt is putting out some very good quality food at their place. The Hyatt though is a disaster when it comes to poolside chairs/seating arrangements. In the summer months you literally need to be down there claiming a chair by 7am. I wrote to them and turns out they lost a bunch of chair space with a pool remodel. They moved the chairs to a beach along a pond....no thanks. At the Hilton we did not seem to run into this issue. They seem to have plenty of chairs. However one caveat with the Hilton poolside chairs...they are the worst of the aforementioned three when it comes to comfort. The Marriott World Center has the most comfortable chairs we have encountered. Nice big full length cushions that are very soft and look clean. Almost feels like your sitting on a mattress. The Hyatt also has cushions however they are not as comfortable and boy do they look worn out and dirty! This Hilton has nothing! Really unbelievable that this place would not have cushions on their pool chairs when the other two properties do. This is one of Hilton's top Orlando properties as well. This is the sole reason I have them a 4 instead of a 5. When you come to a Hilton property such as this one would expect this, especially when you know the Marriott and Hyatt top properties it competes with has them. We wind up using two towels folded on top of each other multiple times as a seat. As we stay all day by the pool, it gets quite uncomfortable sitting on them otherwise.

The Hilton has a great lobby bar with ample seating and a porch which is very large that looks out over the property/lazy river. It was very relaxing sitting out there. The onsite restaurants have pretty good food and the prices are really not that bad at all. When we go, we park and never leave the property again. We enjoy staying in one place and this place allows you to do that. Out of the three properties I have mentioned the Hilton has the best self-parking. Parking garage right next to hotel...can't beat it. The other two's parking is out in a open-air lot with long walks to the hotel.

No complaints on the rooms. Rooms always nice and clean and the bed is very nice and comfortable. Housekeeping does a good job and staff was very friendly. We likely will visit this place about 6 or so times a year now.

Room Tip: Get a view of the lazy river.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you Eric F for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us. It is great to hear that you had such a positive and memorable stay with us. I truly appreciate your feedback regarding the lazy river and pool experience. I also noticed your comments regarding the pool chair and comfort which I have shared with the team for review, so thank you. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the resort when you were not at the theme parks and were able to enjoy the amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future and thank you again.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Room Needs the following: Adjustable shower head, room safe, microwave. Outside morning noises. Internet had frequent drops. TV kept jumping back to Channel 0. Pool was nice. Staff was friendly (as expected for Orlando). Location was too isolated for a business traveller without a car.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Beautiful hotel, spotless rooms, and great pool area. Wifi very inconsistent which dampened an otherwise very pleasant stay. Rooms have small fridge which is useful to keep drinks etc. as hotel purchases are very pricey.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay. We are pleased to hear you had a great experience with us overall. Thank you for your feedback regarding the internet challenge you experienced and we are looking into this matter in order to ensure the Wifi is working consistently for all guests. Thank you again!