“Great Resort, but not so Friendly Staff”

Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
Ranked #26 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I can start with the positive- stayed here 7 nights with my family. The outside of the resort is beautiful- pool was awesome and immaculate, lazy river perfect, everything around the lounge chairs was clean, the pool bathroom was always clean, never had a problem getting chairs or towels, water slide was an added bonus (my son was on it all day) and the Beech food was really good even if it was a little expensive. But all hotels over charge in their restaurants. Our hotel room was on the 14th floor, pool view and in the distance was Downtown Disney. The room wasn't really big but it was clean and the beds were in the top 3 of my most comfortable of beds. I have no complaints about the accommodations.
The negative- and this really bothers me because when everything else is near perfect but the staff ruins your stay, it makes you never want to come back. Keep in mind I am a Hilton Honors member and I booked directly through Hilton. I was there on vacation with my family and another family. I was informed initially that I would be charged $22 per day for a resort fee, which I understand. I dont like it but I get it. It turns out that the family we were there with did NOT have to pay the resort fee AND they were given breakfast vouchers. So I went to the front desk and inquired about why this family did not have to pay the resort fee and we did. They had no response- and after a long period of questioning, they told us its because this family booked through an online site such as Expedia or something. Ok- so let me understand- I am a dedicated Hilton member and I have to pay the fee but anyone who does NOT book through you does not have to pay it? I was furious- so I asked breakfast vouchers AT LEAST- and the clerk got the manager and the manger told us no. So- no vouchers and I have to pay an extra $154 resort fee. Then I asked for a late check out because I couldnt even get a free breakfast and the manager also said no. I found that to be terrible. By the way, kids eat free for breakfast but for two adults its $54, so it does not seem free.
I felt as a Hilton Honors member I could have been given something since I pointed out to them that I'm getting scammed out of a resort fee but other families there dont have to pay it.
Great resort for families- but customer service was terrible

Room Tip: get a high floor room close to elevator because we had a really long walk from elevator to room
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lkd703
Mark H, Front Office Manager at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear lkd703, Thank you for your review of your stay at our resort. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and that your son loved the lazy river and the water slide. Our resort charge is a mandatory nightly charge for our guests. This charge allows our guests to enjoy some of the most used resort amenities at a discounted rate. We have certain packages and promotions that have this fee waived or included for this year. We try and keep in mind quality and convenience as we continue to enhance our offerings and appreciate your feedback about our resort charge. It would be my pleasure to assist you with reservations for a future visit and offer you the package that fits your needs best. We hope that you'll give us another opportunity to serve you and your family the next time you're in Orlando.

It would be my pleasure to assist you with making reservations for a future stay and explain all available options.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We went for the Epcot Food and Wine Festival- had a great time. Got back to hotel and hung out at pool. Had dinner and drinks poolside- was nice until we got tired and decided to call it a night. There was a couple yelling until all hours- had to call front desk finally to have someone ask them to quiet down. Then in the a.m. was awakened by someone bouncing? something on the ceiling above us. We had a family with small children screaming next door to us. So, unfortunately it was WAY too noisy. We don't have young children and while I realize it's a Disney area I would just expect a quieter room for a hotel like this. Would not go back to this place.

Room Tip: maybe ask ahead of time for an area without children?
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cheekemnky

Dear cheekemnky, Thank you for your review. We regret to hear that you were disturbed during your stay with us by another guest. We appreciate you letting us know during your stay so that we were able to investigate this and stop the noise disturbance. Your comfort is very important to us and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you the next time you're in Orlando.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

The staff aims to please and they deliver on all levels. Their service level is a 10 across the board. The pool is great. We ate at the Bistro downstairs. Great food and service. Very Clean. Easy access to the Disney resorts.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Mark H, Front Office Manager at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Mark L C, Thank you very much for the great comments in your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and our service professionals are looking forward welcoming you back!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The internet wifi is awful, the tv signal is worst... and the guest service just told "I cannot do anything.... is the only code I have for internet".... this ladies don't care about guests... ps... they answered the phone after a long time

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
10  Thank tisha214

We appreciate your feedback regarding the poor service experience you had and slow internet connectivity. We're working with our internet service provider to make the necessary repairs and updates and apologize for the inconvenience. We're also sharing your comments with our staff and refining our processes to ensure such concerns are appropriately addressed in the future. Please contact me directly at Mark.Huurneman@hilton.com, so that I may personally follow-up on your concerns and correct these. Thank you again for your feedback and are able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was our 3rd stay at Bonnet Creek Hilton...wow! It only gets better!!! From the time we walked through the front doors, we felt relaxed and ready for a wonderful weekend. Employees smiling and greeting us with a warm welcome as we arrived...all of our worries and concerns were left outside. Staff got us to our room, filled our ice bucket, we freshened up and went to our meeting area and then raced to La Luce where we find the Italian cuisine to be as good or better than what we have enjoyed during our 7 trips to Italy! The Ravioli, Pizza, the Veal, you name it we have enjoyed it. Manager, Rabie Elmtioui and and his Staff cannot do enough for you and are tenacious about whatever it takes to make your dining experience ...memorable....and it always is perfect! I introduced myself to General Manager, Glen Winsor as I felt he should meet his staff's very favorite guest, I told him I knew this because of the way I was treated and greeted by everyone. He assured me that there were other favorite guests but that I was at the very top.....LOL!!! This Property is truly exceptional, lunch around the lazy moving waters pool to watching "the game" in the lobby bar or restaurant, wonderful gift shop and Stewart and Brad , our arrival and departing bell hops... Our children with our grandchildren all of who live pretty close to Orlando came on Saturday morning for Pool time with lunch and much later for dinner in the private room at La Luce and my brand new grandson slept through our wonderful family time.... The Hilton Bonnet Creek is truly Fabulous with a capital "F" !!!!! Capital "F" !!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank Dolores Maddox M
Mark H, Front Office Manager at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your 3rd experience with us! We certainly appreciate your loyalty and your great review. Thank you for recognizing some of our team members for their great personalized service. We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

we came here based on the things to do at the hotel and it's proximity to disney. it was easy to find and check in was also easy. the lobby is huge. much larger than i had expected it to be. everything was ready and all of the things i requested were accommodated for. we were starving when we got there and it was pretty late so we got room service and the food was quite good. a little on the pricey side but not to be unexpected considering where we were. the room was very nice and roomy and we had a great view of downtown disney and the pool and golf course. one thing i wasn't expecting was the shower was just that...a shower. was kind of hoping for a big tub as my wife likes to take baths (who's doesn't) the shower however was very nice as well and roomy. the room was really clean and overall i was highly satisfied with our stay there. if we were not to stay at an actual disney resort next time we are in orlando we will most likely stay here again

Room Tip: honestly i couldn't imagine how any room could go wrong.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would stay with us again. This is the highest compliment that we can receive from our guests and we greatly appreciate it. Our rooms with a king size bed come with a walk-in shower. If you are looking for a room with a bathtub, you might want to consider our rooms with 2 queen size beds as they are equipped with a shower/bath combo. We look forward welcoming you back for another stay.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights to go to Disney World. Not having been to Disney before I had a lot of questions. The concierge desk was extreely helpful and provided a lot of tips for inside and outside the park. They were able to provide pin-point directions and excellent dining options. The property was extremly well maintained and always looked prestene. The pool area was always clean and the staff interaction was always positive. A really great touch was the servers that took care of the pool deck. Having a drink served to you while basking in the sun is always a plus. The lazy river in the pool was one of the best we've been to (we go to GWL) every year. We will definately be back next time we go to Disney.

Room Tip: Don't worry about the pool view. The view of Downtown Disney is beautiful!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dilion74, Thank you for your great review. I am pleased to hear that our Concierges were able to assist you and provide you with all the information you needed for a perfect vacation. Our team of service professionals at Beech, our pool bar, are looking forward welcoming you back with a refreshing cool drink at the pool!