“In agreement”

GreenLeadersGold level
Scotland
“In agreement”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Well I must agree with some of the other reviews. Was there just last week and yes the food is a real issue in the hotel, they have an extremely expensive restaurant which we tried but we were unimpressed. Most of the eateries on the premises were very quiet, yet they don't seem to see the problem. Everything else though is amazing, the lazy river is awesome, and yes very friendly staff on the whole.

Room Tip: Get a room higher up for the best views, especially if you want to see disney fireworks.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jakeal82

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,429)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Omagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Okay, so this is a large Hilton hotel, but the great thing is that it is fairly new (the Bonnet Creek Resort is relatively new and includes this hotel, the Waldorf Astoria and the Wyndham). The staff were very friendly - especially at check-in when they couldn't find my reservation!! It was the fault of the travel company I booked it with, but they asked no questions. The girl at reception immediately put us into a room exactly as we had booked, reassured me that all would be sorted and that I wouldn't be charged any extra. In fact, we were given breakfast vouchers. The room was beautiful with great views of the Disney area. Clean and well presented, the room included all the normal facilities you would expect. Breakfast was amazing!! We loved this part! Hot or cold food, everything was buffet style and there is no way you could be disappointed with the range of food here (eggs, bacon, sausages, fried potatoes, tomatoes, breads, cereals, fruit, yogurts, waffles, etc. etc.). The staff were so so friendly here, and it was a lovely start to each day! One member of staff in the breakfast area even remembered us from the morning before. This was reassuring considering the size of this hotel (Her name was Brenda or Belinda? We loved her!). Parking was good, and within close proximity to the hotel. The pool was amazing with plenty of areas within it so that it could feel somewhat private. There is a free shuttle to the a couple of the Disney parks. This was very handy. We were only here for 2 days, but I would seriously consider coming back for a longer stay. I would definitely recommend to friends/family who are considering a Disney trip!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ronan W
United States
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Food and meals were an issue. As stated earlier, the selection was limited and the prices were way too high. It should not be difficult to get a cup of coffee for two dollars, but here it is six? Rediculous. A sandwich and drink for lunch 15-20 dollars? Way too expensive and little options as transportation is limited.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Robert D
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The hotel, pool and staff are very good. Its downfall are the prices it charges in the bars and restaurants. The hotel is quite some distance from any amenities and herein lies the problem. Just after arrival I went to the nearest supermarket to get some room supplies - I was taken to Walmart - it was $20 each way in a hotel supplied cab, expensive when you do not need a great deal. The bars in the hotel and complex are good, but again the prices are high, again, there is no real local alternative unless you get an expensive cab or have a car when you should not drink anyway. The best time to get a drink in during the happy hour (5pm - 7pm) at the Zeta Bar when the prices are reasonable. I had the continental breakfast, which including tip was about $17. For dinner in the Harvest Bistro expect about $50 - $60 including tips (for one). This aside, the fitness centre, pool and rooms are excellent, the staff are wonderful and very helpful and the conference centre is extremely well equipped ( and the biggest I have ever seen in a hotel). Would I return, no, but that it only due to the fact that the future conferences will be elsewhere and if I want to go to Orlando on holiday, I would go somewhere were there was something to do outside of the complex without having to take out a mortgage to get there.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank buckinghamboy
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Last year I reviewed the Hilton at Schipol Int'l Airport and I pledged not to return to a Hilton hotel if I could, due to my previous bad experience... Well, I had to return to Hilton, this time at the Orlando Bonnet Creek Hilton, because it was the main hotel of the conference I was attending.
The hotel's facilities are very nice, I must say; however (and this has been my constant complain about the Hiltons) they keep charging excesively for things they should provide, given the supposed level of hotels they try to be.
Charging 15 dollars per day for wifi or 17 dollars per day for self parking is, in my opinion, out of the question for a hotel on this category. It would be better to just increase a bit the hotel rate per night but provide these services for free.
The food, again, was expensive and, let's put it this way, good if you are expecting to eat at Chili's but not to the category of this kind of hotels.
Last but not least, I found a cockroach in my toilet (a living one!). Should this be even a matter in a Hilton-type hotel? I don't think so.
Unfortunately I cannot say I won't stay at a Hilton again (History has proven me wrong) but I will defintely try to avoid them.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Jose R
Mark H, Front Office Manager at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
We appreciate your review of your recent stay with us. I understand that you were unhappy with some of the amenity costs. We do our very best to keep costs fair without sacrificing service or quality. Guest feedback such as yours is incredibly important to us and we will keep it in mind as we continue to make improvements. We hope we can invite you back again.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We usually stay at Disney-owned hotels and came back to this non-Disney hotel after a two-year interval, only to find that it continues to provide outstanding accommodations and service. This time we stayed in one of the Disney-view suites (# 1709), which provided added comfort. Service at the cafe, lobby & pool bar, as well as the breakfast restaurant remains exceptionally friendly and efficient. Unlike so many hotels at WDW the soundproofing is excellent (and housekeeping staff possibly trained to be quieter) in such a way that we woke up late every morning because the room was enveloped in silence. The pool/lazy river are roomy and fun, and the Disney-view is unbeatable. If you're looking for a fantastic family resort inside Disney property this one should absolutely be on your short list.

Room Tip: The cost of a Disney-view is worth every penny. Ask for a high floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AACN
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Have been here on two occasions. Facilities and grounds are beautiful. Restaurants are also pretty good. Good golf course and range. Pretty pricy, but not out of line for this type of a resort. Service effort is very good, but...for the price and customer that they are trying to attract I have found that the service is wanting and not on par with Marriott properties. (especially the JW brand resorts) The instances that come to mind revolve around baggage handling and their general knowledge of their facilities. The first time I visited, I had asked that my golf clubs be sent to the golf club, as I had an afternoon game with customers. Fortunately we had lunch at the golf club prior to our tee time, as they couldn't locate my clubs in the bag room. One of the guys went and fetched them from the reception area. Two days later, I asked that they be sent back from the club to the concierge storage area, as I had an early flight the following day. (Gave the guy at the golf shop an extra $10 after his assurance that all would be handled.) Next day upon check out they couldn't find my clubs. (still in the bag room) Numerous calls by the concierge to various areas of the facility just added to the uncertainty of being able to make my flight with my sticks. After all the futility, I simply told them I had to leave to make my flight and to FEDEX them to me at their expense...they magically appeared.

The next visit here had other personnel related shortfalls. While attempting to be very helpful, the front desk people appeared to be under trained. It seemed any time I happened to stop at the front desk with a question, (where in the facility is "X" located, can you send someone up to fix the TV while I'm gone for the day) it took two or three to come up with an answer. Maybe it seems that I'm picking nits, but for what they charge for the room and their greens fees, I don't think so. In any case, it is a very nice spot. It happens to be joined to a corporate relative, the Waldorf Astoria, which is significantly more expensive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business