“A nice experience.”

Ranked #28 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
“A nice experience.”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned to the uk having spent 18 nights at the Hilton Bonnet Creek. The complimentary bus service to Disney is very good, although you need to bear in mind that the bus always drops off and picks up at the Magic K first of all, so if you want to go to Epcot or Hollywood S or Animal K the bus service is not direct. We had a double queen bed room which was plenty big and cleaned every day. Where the restaurants are concerned, the breakfast in the Harvest Bistro was good although it could perhaps do with being varied occasionally, as could the lunch and evening menu. The best Restaurant is La Luce. I have eaten at many decent restaurants and this ranks up their with the best. Ask for Eric as your waiter, one of the nicest people that I have ever met - nothing was too much trouble.

Pros - La Luce, the bus service and the fact that you can use the facilities at the Waldorf Astoria + (if you are a Virgin Holidays customer) you can use their lounge on the 16th floor which had free high speed wifi.

Cons - because the rooms do not have balconies, it is difficult to get towels and wet clothes dry. Also, the hotel wifi charge is too steep, as is the parking charge.

Don't get me wrong; the pros completely outweigh the cons. We were really sad to leave yesterday and will return.

One tip - if you get a car, even though you can use the comp bus service, it means that you are not tied to buying every day stuff in Disney. For instance, Disney charge $2.50 per small bottle of water + their food is generally poor and overpriced. We went to Walmart and bought 20 bottles of water for $3.99 !

One further tip - whilst Disney allow food and drink to be brought into their water parks, Aquatica does not. You are thus forced to pay their hyper-inflated prices. I would simply stick to T Lagoon and B Beach, as Aquatica is a rip-off.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Simon N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,427)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I was very satisfied with this hotel! Came over for a mini-vacation and picked it because it seemed to have a great pool area. We were here 4th of July weekend so the place was pretty much at capacity. Regardless we were met by a friendly valet. After that the front check in did not rush us and answered all our questions thoroughly despite there being a line. Heres my pros and cons -
Pros:
-GREAT POOL AREA if you want to do a mini -vacation but dont want to take your kids to disney. We spent all day just enjoying the lazy river and going down the slide.
-Friendly staff
-Clean room
-Comfy bed
-Great buffet to eat at on the bottom floor (a bit pricey though)
-They have movies at the pool at night (not sure if this is year round)
-Great bus access to the Disney Parks. I've stayed at a lot of disney and downtown disney hotels and in my opinion the bus was nicer than the disney hotel buses. Also, none of us had to stand while on the bus and that was on 4th of July to go watch the fireworks at the parks.

Cons:
-Know going into it that (as most resorts in Orlando) you will have a daily resort fee and a daily parking fee. All of these fees can add up and your decent price hotel room then becomes over $200 a night. People forget about these fees and then get upset when they have to pay them.
-Was a little bummed out we had to purchase our own tubes for the lazy river (i'm cheap though!) Little tubes start at $6 but you are allowed to bring your own from home. You will notice everyone puts them in their windows which I found amusing.
-Walls are a little thin - we heard the children in the room next to us running and screaming for about two hours.

Overall I highly recommend this place, especially if you are planning on staying and enjoying the facilities.

Room Tip: We stayed highest up to get a better view. The side by the pool allows you to see the fireworks from...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Amondo13
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Traveling as a family of five, we had a great stay here. In every way! We had a suite with 2 queen sized beds. The bedroom was separated from the huge living room/dining area. Two bathrooms. All furniture was new, carpets also. Everything at 100% clean and in excellent shape. We were on the higher levels, so the view was spectacular. Having small kids, we didn´t go for the firework at Disney. But saw it from our room and liked it very much. Also, the pool area is great. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Will come again!

Room Tip: Higher floors have great view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Our stay at the Hilton Bonnet Creek was extremely nice. As this was our first vacation since we had our son and we wanted to stay at a nice resort while visiting Disney. I received a great rate on a king size room (breakfast included) with a crib (crib is really a playpen) from Mon-Thurs. We checked in late on Monday night and had dinner at Harvest Bistro which was excellent. We explored the hotel on Tuesday and loved the lazy river and the 0 entry pool. We purchased rafts at the pool shop for my son (11 months) and I to float down the river. We watched the dive in movie which was a perfect ending to our day. My aunt, who is a Diamond Honors member, offered to book us extra night at the hotel since we were having such a great time. My husband and I made sure we spoke to the front desk about staying the additional night and to make sure we received our breakfast voucher. The representative was helpful and stated that she did see the additional night and she made notes on the reservation. We purchased Magic Kingdom tickets from the Disney Gift shop on Tuesday night to visit the park on Wednesday. The next morning we had breakfast as usual and walked to the bus stop for the shuttle to Disney. The bus was on time, the driver was courteous and assisted my husband with our son's stroller. We took the bus schedule with us to the park to make sure we would have a ride back to the resort. I am thankful that we were early because as soon as we made it on the bus the driver left right on time...not a minute to spare. We ate at La Luce and it was a wonderful dining experience with our server. He gave us excellent menu choices and explained the dishes in its entirely. Our son was noisy and I asked if we could sit outside as to not disturb the other guests and he politely told us that we were guests as well and did not have to move. I was appreciative of his kindness and understanding. I can not remember his name but he was EXCELLENT!! After dinner we went to the front desk again to make sure our reservation was valid thru Friday since it was a new reservation number. We spoke with another friendly female who indicated that there were notes about our additional night under the new reservation and gave us new room keys to make sure we didn't have any issues. Thursday, is when our resort experience takes a turn. We had just returned to the room from breakfast and as we were mapping out our day when we heard a knock on the door. My husband opened the door (I thought it was housekeeping) and a female asked if this was my aunt's room and my husband gave her our last name. She said there was a mix up and needed to use our phone before she could explain. She made her way into our room and picked up the desk phone. She gave us her name (Veronica) and explained that she was the floor supervisor and she needed to use our phone to call the reservation desk. My husband was still standing at the door in disbelief, I was lying on the bed playing with our son. While Veronica was on the phone I could hear the other person asking about our reservation. I explained that we were initially suppose to check out on Thursday but my aunt booked an additional night with another reservation number. We had taken two trips to the front desk to make sure everything was documented and to have someone walk into our room and use our phone before she could explain any details was unacceptable. She apologized and said that there was a mix up with the last names and reservation numbers. I was really upset and did not address her while she explained. Approximately two minutes later we received a call from the reservation desk apologizing for the confusion and Veronica walking into our room. I expressed my dismay and she informed me that she saw the notes on the reservation so she was not sure why there was a misunderstanding. My aunt and I are writing a letter to corporate as there are better ways to communicate and handle these type of issues. Needless to say my family and I enjoyed the resort, wait staff at the restaurants and our vacation other than the floor supervisor!

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor with a pool and gollf course view
6 Thank KayDub2013
Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stay in Orlando frequently and I usually book through mousesavers. I saw this hotel and read the reviews, I liked that almost nearly all were positive, as in most hotels are half bad and half good. The rate was lower than the other Hilton we stay at and closer to disneyworld. So we got a disney view room with 2 queen and I called to double check the rates and also inquire about gluten free dining options. Staff was helpful from the time we booked to leaving the hotel.

Check in was very easy and was assured that we had everything we needed, they couldn't honor a high floor, other than 14, I wanted to be on the top 3 floors(16 and up) otherwise we would never bother paying an extra fee for that. So they discounted the fee and also gave me an even lower rate, we were very pleased, we got a card that said mousesavers exclusive which said the kids ate free and we had 10% off every rest aunt except la Luce.

Our room was very comfy the kids enjoyed the view. The bell service brought our things up promptly, and an employee named Brad gave me a tip that at the end of the hotel there was a window with a perfect view of Epcot.another person brought up a pack and play. The room overlooked the lazy river pool. We loved the pool and bought two floats ( you can bring your own) and ordered drinks from beech. We enjoyed the pool till dinner time it was lovely and very relaxing. We had dinner at the Polynesian resort not far from our hotel. We reurted to a very clean room and even put our kids stuffed animals on the bed for us and plenty of clean towels. The tv signal was spotty and we called the front desk but there wasn't much they could do, but we didnt make a big fuss about it. The next day we enjoyed the parks and came back a little late and had dinner at la Luce,very good, service was great the food was delicious. It's pricey, even more than our dinner at the Polynesian, but still good.

Our last day we called and they let us check out late with no extra fee even though we stayed an extra hour and expected a 25$ fee. That was very nice, no hidden charges or fees.valet service was 24$ a night, they were very helpful and gave us bottled water and directions to our destinations. Everyone was very pleasant and helpful.
Overall, we loved this hotel, the location is great, staff is wonderful, dining options are pretty good, the pool is amazing, always clean, the room was nice and the beds very comfy. The people in housekeeping are also wonderful, always talking to the kids and making sure we had everything. A lot of people forget to mention housekeeping, especially if you don't have anything to complain about, we liked that we didnt have to complain, but actually acknowledge how nice hey were and how that makes a vactation even easier too enjoy.
I recommend this hotel to everyone.

1 Thank Kat P
Mark H, Front Office Manager at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you very much for reviewing your experience with us. I am glad you got to interact with Brad and some of our housekeepers and they were able to enhance your stay with us. Our housekeepers take great pride in what they do and we appreciate you recognizing this. We are delighted to hear you had such an amazing holiday! We cannot wait to see you again soon!
Minnesota
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Just got back after a five day stay at the Hilton. This property has more pluses than minuses but it totally depends on what you are there for. The property itself is gorgeous and clean. Great grounds, pool, loved the lazy river, room, bed, etc. Really it would be hard to come up with anything bad to say in any of those areas.

Here's where it gets tricky. We were there to go to Disney and it was our first stay off property. I tried to stay open minded but the transportation was tough. Super nice motor coach and soooo on time, nice driver, etc but if you miss it you miss it and thats it for either the next hour or even the whole night. We found ourselves constantly running and there are so many things that can happen at Disney that are somewhat out of your control, such as getting stuck in parade traffic, full monorails to/from the TTC and ferrys, etc. This is not the Hilton's fault but it gets stressful when these things happen. Plus going to park to park for more pick ups gets old with crying kids when you just want to go home. Last night the bus was packed, standing room only. Also I am not sure how they get away with not picking up at the Waldorf first, as they pay more and often end up with a full bus to start the day. Pick ups/drop off are right when the park is opening so you cant make early reservations and you end up getting dropped off smack when everyone else is trying to get in. Something to be aware of, as I had to cancel my early morning reservations.

At check out this am I was surprised to see the rate and promo I had booked had not been applied. They quickly fixed it, and it was worth $160.00 credit back to me, so I was pleased, but found it a little shady. Right after that we walked out to get a taxi and were told we could only get a town car! Now I had read about this and was NOT pleased and was still frantic about getting the rate fixed. I insisted he call us a cab (I had checked the night before and was assured that taxis were waiting 24 hrs a day). I was told by the Hilton employee that he did not know when he could get us a taxi and that it would only be $10 more. I was not interested in paying $10 more for a town car...ever... and not at 5 am. This whole thing did not end well, ended up in town car unhappy with the Hilton for "forcing" me to make that choice. Lame, as I picked the hotel for the rate which I thought was awesome and I had a good stay, and so no where near someone who needs anything fancy to get from point a to b. I get it (sort of?) at the Waldorf, but still feel like this should not have happened. Lesson learned as I should have called the taxi driver that gave us his card on the way out there.

Bottom line this a very nice property just depends on what you are going there to do and what your plans are.

4 Thank aloha35
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. We greatly appreciate your feedback and as we continue to reevaluate our services and amenities, we'll be sure to keep this in mind. We offer around the clock luxury towncar service for our guests at the front entrance of the hotel. This service is available immediately and is set-up to have a pre-determined fare for each destination. Of course, metered taxi service is available as well, but will need to be contacted by phone if needed. Typically there are enough taxi's in the area, that the wait time is minimal. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you the next time you are in Orlando.
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We love coming back to this hotel. The outdoor staff is amazing. Our favorite is Stephanie Foecelli in the Recreation Dept. Our son loves her. She always makes our trip so much fun. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your great review. We are pleased to hear that Stephanie made such a positive impact on you and your family. She truly cares about our the experience of every guest, especiallly our youngest guests. Hope you are able to visit us again soon, so that Stephanie can welcome you and your son with open arms again!