“Did not want to leave... Great staff”

Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
Ranked #24 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We spend 5 days at this location with my husband's company for 475 employees and their guests. Service was wonderful, pool was beautiful (although not enough chairs) golf course looked lovely although I don't play. We had a car and did not rely on their transportation but it was offered to Disney parks.

Only area for improvement was the food. Although I realize our company made the menu and it can be challenging to feed over 1000 people at a time the food was excellent two nights and only ok for breakfast and the only other night we ate dinner.

Service was the superstar! Amazing staff of servers and quick to respond with the one and only issue we had (dead batteries in TV remote).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have stayed here several times, most recently in January 2013. This is our preferred hotel in the Disney area. This hotel provides the level of service that Disney used to provide. The staff has always been prompt, professional and courteous. The rooms are clean, spacious and well decorated. The air conditioner works and is quite. The pool is great. As others have said, the food options are limited and pricey. The pool restaurant and the counter service by the lobby, works out best for us. The other down side is that they have a resort fee and charge for parking. Just keep that in mind when price shopping. Still, this is our first choice for a Disney area hotel.

Room Tip: For us, the upper floor Disney view is worth the added cost. You can see the Epcot fireworks from th...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our family has been a repeat Bonnet Creek customer, but we've always stayed at the Waldorf Astoria. Based on the increased pricing on the Waldorf side, and enough Hilton HHonors points to qualify for one night stay at Hilton, we decided to give the Hilton a try. I thought it would be helpful to provide a review to articulate the differences between the two resorts.

Lobby - Hilton is very lively with lots of activity constantly going on, Waldorf much more reserved.
Parking - There is a parking garage in between the two hotels so you can choose self-park or valet on either side.
Rooms - The Waldorf rooms have nicer furnishings while the Hilton (while nice) is more understated
Staff - Both have a very good sense of customer service. The Waldorf staff appears to seek the customer out more where Hilton staff is helpful upon approach. The one exception to this was with the Hilton housekeeping staff (they truly went above and beyond and wanted to get feedback from the customer about their comfort/happiness) where the Waldorf staff tries not to be seen as much by the customer.
Pool - The Hilton lazy river is by far the place to be for activity. Waldorf is for the guest who wants to lay in a lounge chair and not be disturbed. Staying at either hotel allows the customer to decide which pool they go to. We always spent more time at the Hilton pool so staying at the Hilton was more convenient.

Overall, I think each guest needs to decide what they want to do during their stay. If you want a more lively interactive stay with a lot of activities to choose from, I'd recommend the Hilton. If you want a quieter stay with a more engaging staff, I'd recommend the Waldorf. Both hotels are wonderful and the resort overall is great! You can't miss with either.

Room Tip: The higher level your room, the more likely you may be able to catch the fireworks from MK/Epcot.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank nctravelnut99
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Located a stone's throw away from Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Downtown Disney the Hilton Bonnet Creek does not disappoint. Take free shuttles to any of the Disney parks or just kick back and enjoy first class golf, swimming, working out and dining on premises.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We spent five nights at the Hilton Bonnet Creek and if I ever go back to Disney I will choose to stay there again. The room was very clean and it was a good size. Pool was great. Employees were helpful and nice. Felt like everyone was very attentive. The buses to the parks do not run as often as the ones at the Disney resorts, but the schedule was fine for us.....it might have been a struggle if we had been travelling with small children. The hotel is very close to Downtown Disney...an inexpensive cab ride if you don't want to wait for the bus. After spending hours in the parks it was nice to return to a place that wasn't all Disney. I did not eat breakfast in the restaurant. There is a coffee/bagel/pastry place that was more our speed. We did eat at the pool and we ordered room service. The food was fine.
Can't think of anything that detracted from our stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband had a conference here last June and we decided to tack on a short vacation to Disney for my daughter's birthday. Hotel was so kind to do up the hotel room for her birthday.

Pool was great rental of the floaters I thought was very high and should have been free.

Italian restaurant was amazing. We would go back.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here with my wife during a Disney vacation.

Upon check-in we arrived about 45 min earlier than the normal check-in of 4pm. I was told our room would be ready in a few minutes but we ended up waiting the whole 45 min til 4pm for our room to be ready. Normally I wouldn't have cared if the check-in person told me this but they didn't and led me to believe it would be a 5 min. wait which turned into 45 min.

Our room was on the top floor with a Disney view. Was a really nice view of the golf course and the below lazy pool. Room was really nice with nothing being dated or dirty. Elevators are really fast in the place as well. The lazy pool is really nice. The poolside service is really nice too although its hit or miss whether they come around to offer you anything. You can't expect to be waited on and have to call them over. Again not a big deal. Breakfast is great (I'm a Gold Member so at the Harvest Bistro, I got the Continental spread for free and $6 to upgrade to the hot buffet as well). Definitely good quality food but I would not pay the $22pp they were charging if I wasn't a Gold Member. The service of the staff at the Harvest Bistro were very receptive and attentive.

Location is very close to Disney activities and if you have a car be prepared to pay $16 + tax per day. A big issue is safety in the parking garage. Safety as in people are speeding everywhere in it. Twice I was almost hit by cars that don't make a lot of sound but they come barreling through (and we're from NYC where we're avoiding taxis etc.) More speed bumps are needs (come to think of it I dont' remember if there were any).

All in all a great trip and I'll come back provided I'm still a Gold or Diamond Member to keep getting those nice perks:)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple