“I wanted to give this hotel a 5 rating but I couldn't miss the details”

Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
Ranked #25 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Los Angeles, California
“I wanted to give this hotel a 5 rating but I couldn't miss the details”
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival, we had a seamless checkin, everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful. The lobby, pool and room were very modern and just the right atmosphere (albeit it's in Disney) meaning not chaotic or overcrowded at all and the room itself was very well appointed and nice with heavy doors that block out noise! The pools were great with one of them being meant more for the little children who could hang out in the graded shallow end in water or play in a foot deep pool with no nervousness. The water didn't smell over chlorinated as it did at another Disney hotel that was inundated with families and kids. We ordered food at the pool and was told we had to hurry and eat it bc the birds would attack it. One of the dishes (don't order the yummy sounding nachos) was terrible. We told them and they did nothing. As service oriented as they'd been this was disappointing and then they charged us for it w/ no resolution. The bathroom was probably one of two things I was disappointed in the most - shower head was 10 ft high and the water sprayed everywhere bc it was so wide and the magnifying mirror ( which was a surprise) had not been cleaned and had other's lashes and brows on it. The second thing was of all the details they didn't put it room blackening shades like everyone else has. It looks like it but there are two boxed areas where light comes in...why?!?! We'd still come back but would be aware of the minor issues.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BotRoad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,397)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Warren, New Jersey
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I traveled here for business and was very pleased with this location. Although I received a handicap room next to the elevator it ended up being quiet and a more spacious a room. Would recommend this for any business traveler as a comfortable stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Wailea, Hawaii
Reviewed April 23, 2013

There were both positives and negatives at this Hilton. I've stayed here before for meetings and they did a good job. However on this stay, I felt nickled and dimed. First the positives: Overall a beautiful property in a great location. It's relatively new and it shows. Upon check in, Brittany was pleasant and efficient as she handled the process, including telling me the benefits I would receive as a Diamond Honors member. The bed was exceptionally comfortable. The negatives: charging $16.00 per day for self parking or $24.00 per day for valet. Attempting to charge a resort fee of $22 per day! The only benefit was included internet and local phone calls. Who needs the hotel phone and I was just told my internet was free as a Diamond member. I declined to pay this fee and it was removed. The room lacks a safe. The bathroom had no tub...not really an issue, as I prefer a shower, but the ceiling of the shower was covered in black mold. Breakfast was adequate, at best, especially if one pays the full $24 per person charge. Net, there are lots of other places to stay in the area. I'll choose another location next time.

2 Thank Popovova
HOBC_Manager32821, Front Office Manager at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
We appreciate your loyalty as a rewards member and for alerting us to your concerns. Our first priority is always the comfort, health and safety of our guests. We're addressing the cleanliness concerns in the shower and are making sure that there is a complimentary safe in all our guest rooms. I deeply regret your disappointment with our resort charge program. The mandatory daily resort charge program is $22 per day, which includes the following great amenities:
Unlimited access to in-room local and 1-800 calls, Unlimited internet access throughout the resort (excluding meeting space), Kids Eat Free in Harvest Bistro for breakfast and dinner
(Kids 12 and under per paying adult; Kids menu only), Access to the Waldorf Astoria Golf Club practice facility (driving & putting range) and complimentary equipment rentals and access to the fitness amenities. In addition to this, our guests will receive 20% off at the Pro Shop located within Waldorf Astoria Golf Club and 10% off Spa Treatments at the Waldorf Astoria Spa.
If you have any additional comments or concerns, certainly let us know.
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Just spent 5 nights at the Bonnet Creek. A very nice place and the kids had a blast at the water park. The staff was TERRIFIC! Our trip was business and family. We had to get two rooms, but one room was paid for by the company. We had a great view of the pool and golf course. Our company had an event on Signature Island which was really nice. The pool temperature was perfect...you could just walk right in even when it was a bit cool outside. It is a great way to spend a day when you need a break from theme park madness. Food is very pricey for a family and if you do not have a car, you're stuck buying food at the hotel or at the park. A sandwich was $8, a cup of coffee $4, 3 bottles of pop came to 10.50 at the Muse. We did not eat at any of the other venues as we were either at company functions or at the parks. The bedding and the beds were heavenly. Great transportation to disney resorts every half hour with Disney movie's playing to fill the time. Had to hire cabs to get to Universal studios, (about $80 round trip) and to the airport (over $60).

Room Tip: I really enjoyed the view of the pool and golf course! I never heard a sound the entire trip...very...
hampton, United States
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Terrific views of the Disney property and a great golf course. My reservation was somehow messed up and first night check in was difficult. After that, very nice trip. Running through the property was also quite good. The breakfast is fabulous. What was especially interesting was the mix of families on vacation and business travellers. It all seemed to work nicely.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Denver
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The staff here is absolutely first rate. They truly did a fantastic job throughout my entire stay and it was very appreciated. The hotel itself is inviting, warm and lovely. The pool area has a great layout and Signature Island is really nice for meals and events. we had a huge group with over 400 attendees and the hotel and it's team made my job a lot easier by being incredibly responsive and attentive. The food was also great, both banquets and restaurants, which is not easy to do for a group that size. The outdoor pavilion is a really beautiful space to have a nighttime dinner , even if the weather does not cooperate. I would recommend this hotel for all kinds of large groups and programs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the golf course side, great view of the course, Disney, and fireworks most nights!
Green Features: They have recycling in the guest rooms which is great, would have loved to see it in the common areas and meeting rooms.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The hotel itself was very clean and modern. We were happy with our room. The pool was very nice too but it cost extra per day if you wanted to use the pool, gym, or internet. So we never experienced any of those. Also, parking (yourself) cost extra money per day as well which was obviously not optional. It was very convenient being able to buy Disney tickets at the hotel. The shuttle to and from Disney parks was free and very convenient.The only real problem I have with this hotel is that I left a drawer full of clothes in my room. I never usually unpack my suitcase but in hopes of feeling my vacation was longer than it was--I mistakenly unpacked. We checked out of our room about before 9 AM to head home. Sometime around 10 AM I realized that I left clothes in my drawer. I immediately called the Lost and Found Department. When I hadn't heard back 6+ hours later...I called again. My call was rerouted and I spoke with someone who explained that my items were found and would be sent to me via Fed Ex. I was SO thankful. That is, until I received my package. All of my clothes were there except my two bathing suits (Juicy Couture valued over $100) and a brand new tag still on Kenneth Cole bathing suit. I just KNEW that I wouldn't get those most expensive items back. I was furious because I know those items were in there--so it's almost as if someone hand picked what they wanted from my belongings. Several phone calls back and forth with Lost and Found and supervisors and still no sign of my bathing suit. I hope whatever maid or whomever has my bathing suits is happy. Of course whoever went shopping through my belongings won't admit it b/c they would lose their job. It's pretty low to steal from your customers. Won't be revisiting this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank scw864
HOBC_Manager32821, Front Office Manager at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
I regret the situation you are in and I can assure you that our staff handled everything as professionally as possible. We have diligently reviewed the security tapes and can assure you our staff followed the proper protocol with your belongings. We are held to the highest standards of integrity here at our hotel and we have found no indication of any wrongdoing by our housekeeping staff. Please feel free to contact me again if you would like to discuss this further.