“Great Stay - Best in Class Hilton Property”

Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
Ranked #28 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Frisco, Texas
“Great Stay - Best in Class Hilton Property”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We recently stayed for three nights at the end of April. Check-in was courteous and quick. We were given a fantastic room, upgraded to suite on the 11th floor, overlooking the pools and golf course. Our special thanks and kudos to Bill Friedrich, Director of Front Office Operations for the upgrade!! We loved the space! The rooms were fantastic for our party of 3, as we have a toddler – so naps and nighttime we were able to watch tv in the suite while our toddler slept in a quiet, adjacent room. Plus, a refrigerator in the room was really helpful for keeping juice and snacks cool. At night, we were able to view the Disney fireworks! We thoroughly enjoyed spending time in the lazy river, waterslide and sparkling clean pools. The pools are all heated – YEAH! – so we could swim much longer with our toddler. Plenty of comfortable poolside lounge chairs and towels. We ate dinner and breakfasts in the Harvest Bistro – a very nice selection on the breakfast buffet!

We chose this hotel as it is inside the Disney Park area. We took advantage of the bus service to Magic Kingdom – huge buses with the ability to take strollers – Nice!

Our daughter celebrated her birthday during this trip. Hats off to Bill Friedrich and his team again – a special birthday cupcake and plush “Mickey Mouse” were delivered to our room. She was able to decorate the cupcake different flavored sprinkles, and she even got to blow out a candle! She was so surprised! She cuddles her Mickey every night now!

This was perhaps one of the most memorable stays we have had ever traveling – and my husband and I have both traveled extensively domestically and internationally. We highly recommend Hilton Bonnet Creek for its great location, quality accommodations, and top-notch customer service! Our family cannot wait to return!!

Room Tip: Request a pool view room on a higher floor, and view Disney fireworks at night.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank globetrekkergal45

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,429)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Forsyth, Georgia
Reviewed May 7, 2012

First, I would like to acknowledge that this property is beautiful and truly has the potential to be an outstanding resort. My husband and I travel to the Orlando area approximately 12-18 nights per year. We were hoping to find a luxury hotel close to Disney attractions at a reasonable price. However, at times we certainly don't mind paying more money for exceptional service.
When we arrived at the resort, we were greeted by a disorganized valet service. We were ready to check-in, but had to stand by our car because the keys were left in the ignition and the car left completely unattended after our bags were taken.
Check-in was fairly easy and we were given instructions on how to reach our room. We arrived to our 4th room to find a lovely interior and a view "outside" that was completely obstructed by a cement wall. I understand that we did not pay the surcharge for a Disney view room, but I expect more from a Hilton Resort than a small sliver of sunshine above a block wall!
I proceeded to call the front desk only to be offered the opportunity to pay the additional money for a Disney view. I explained that any view outside would be fine, but I did not want to stare at a blank wall and very little sunshine for 3 days. We were told that the valet would bring our bags upstairs along with the keys to a different room. At this point I am reasonably satisfied and we wait for the valet to bring our bags.
After some time, the phone rings and we are told our new room number and asked if we could just meet the valet upstairs. This seemed like a missed opportunity to provide exceptional service, but I'm not upset at this point.
There are several small things the hotel staff could have done to provide better customer service, but nothing worth telling that is worse than our experience with In-Room Dining.
I called at approximately 9:30 pm to order two simple meals: a hamburger with fries and a chicken sandwich with fries ($46!). I was told our meal would be delivered within 30 minutes or less. Almost an hour later, I am ready to call downstairs when the phone rings with a message that our food would arrive shortly. When we receive our meal, I open my sandwich to find soggy bread, cheese and a tomato (no chicken...I realize later there was a small piece on the other half of my sandwich). I call downstairs to explain the issue. Approximately 45 minutes later I have heard NOTHING from the kitchen and have no food. I call the front desk and ask to speak to a manager (which I have never had to do at a hotel after hundreds of stays!)
After three calls downstairs, and TWO HOURS later (11:30 pm) I received my dinner and an apology.
At check-out, I see that a portion of the meal has been reduced. What a gesture for COMPLETELY ruining an evening of our vacation.
I have never written a negative review about a hotel, but could not allow this type of service to happen without speaking out. My husband and I were hoping to find a hotel that we could visit again and again. I don't think we will ever return here or to another HIlton property.

Room Tip: It appears that the rear awning is covering the windows outside of a stretch of rooms on the 4th flo...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank AmandaS298
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I stayed at the hotel and the staff great one person who really stuck out to me was a young guy named Arnold at the pool bar..he made my stay so memorable I will definitely come back to the beech bar..Ute was up beat, happy, and very accommodating..thank you again to him!!

• Stayed May 2012
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Stayed with my wife and 3 boys for 2 weeks over Easter. Fantastic room, parlour suite was perfect for 5 with great views of Hollwood Studios and the golf course. V-room was also a nice extra for Virgin customers. Ate in La Luce which was a lovely meal and had some delicious breakfasts and evening meals in the Harvest Bistro. Kids loved the pool and the 'Dive-In' movies. Great location for all Disney Parks. Overall, the hotel was of a high standard and its location helped us to have a fantastic holiday. A special thank you to Jeffery in harvest bistro who remarkably had waited on us in the Swan and Dolphin 2 years earlier!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nosaj40
England
Reviewed May 6, 2012

This review is a little late as we stayed there last year in February, but thought it important to leave a review as this is the second time we have stayed in this hotel when visiting from the UK.

We chose this hotel first time around as it was newly built and look stunning in the photos, to which it was and still is.

On both occasions we arrived late afternoon, and what would have been close to midnight in the UK. It is best ask for a room facing the pool, but on a higher floor as every night when Disneyworld have their fireworks display you can watch it. The rooms are quite spacious and clean. Tea and coffee in the room and if you pop downstairs they will give you a jug of fresh milk for tea as I hate those sachets. There is a stocked minibar so we shoved the milk in there. We also let the room cleaners know we were off out in the mornings so they could make up the room as a couple of times we arrived back in the afternoon and it was not done, we normally have an afternoon siesta to recharge the kids for the evenings!

The pool at the hotel is fantastic, remember to pack a blow up tube for the pool as they are quite expensive to rent far cheaper to take your own. There is a lazy river to float around. The pool is also heated which is another reason we picked it as in Feb it can be quite nippy outside. There is also a water slide which is open certain times of the day. The kids also enjoyed the activities around the pool, hoola hoop competition and colour your our dolphin. On some evenings they also have a DVD round the pool, a large TV screen is set up and you can sit in the pool and watch it. Pool towels are left on sunbeds every morning.

The hotel is also very close to Downtown Disney, we found it easy to get to all the parks and they were suprisingly close by.

Breakfast buffet in the hotel was excellent, but quite expensive, they did not do a Bed and Breakfast rate, although we did eat a few times, it was far cheaper to go downtown. We also ate dinner in the Italian, a little expensive but the food and service was excellent. There was also a cafe bar which sold soft drinks and beers and a pool bar, but we found it far cheaper to buy multipacks at the supermarket outside as we needed them for around the parks and just took them back in with us as the kids can go through a 6 pack easily throughout the day. We did however order cocktails and they did have Iced water to help yourself too. Would be nice if they would offer a soft drinks pack for the kids like some other hotels do.

On both occasions we have had a very pleasant stay. Clean and modern with friendly staff. We would definately recommend this Hotel to family and friends

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool on the 7th floor or higher!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank misteregg
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton for 4 days while we visited Disney and Universal and it was a great experience. The hotel is very large and is situated adjacent to the Waldorf Astoria and close to the parks. The lobby is very grand and has a cute cafe with pastries, sandwiches and drinks, which I thought was a nice touch. After some confusion, we were able to get 2 rooms next to each other for the kids and adults and I was very happy with the size of the rooms, the big windows and the furnishings. The kids loved going to the pool and wave pool everyday after coming from the parks and they showed movies every night by the pool. We ate breakfast at the hotel a couple of times and while it was a little expensive , they had a great selection of hot and cold items. The kids loved the hotel and we will definitely stay there again if we are in Orlando!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
North Carolina
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Our room was on one of the higher floors and we had a beautiful view looking over lots of green wooded acres to the Disney complex. The room was pretty generic and clean, but a frustrating detail re: some lighting was not working and should've been addressed before the room was assigned. The pool is especially noteworthy, as others have already said. The lazy river winds all around the pool with a current that pulls you along. If you want to enjoy it when it's less frantic, plan to be out in the evening. I especially liked the coffee shop in the lower level that was open 24 hours, served lattes and teas, pastries, cookies. The hotel food is better than other Hilton Hotels where I've stayed. Very pleasant, attentive, servers in the restaurants. The best deal is the breakfast buffet for variety of foods. If you are headed for Disney, keep the buffet in mind for the time factor. Otherwise, plan for a leisurely breakfast because meal-to-table service isn't usually quick. The hotel provides hourly transportation to Disney. You can get a shuttle to nearby shopping. Be sure to get your name in early for the shopping shuttle and be on time for the Disney bus, or early, according to the season. Make sure you know where the bus picks up because it is not right at the front door. You need to go to a specific waiting area.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple