“First Class”

Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
Ranked #25 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 3, 2011

We have just arrived back in the Uk having stayed at the Hilton Bonnet Creek from 22nd August for 10 nights. We flew with Virgin Atlantic and had a good flight arriving about 2 hours late due to a thunderstorm in the area as we approached Orlando.
Our transport to the Hotel was ok and took about 20 mins.
The Hotel check in was quick and hassle free we were given Virgin Room keys which get you 20% off all food and drinks and a seperate key for a Virgin Concierge room.
The room was clean and well appointed with a flat sreen Tv and Fridge. Shower and Bathrrom were very good only downside about room was wardrobe space limited but apart from that no complaints.
The dining options are very good the main Harvest Restaurant does a great Breakfast with loads of choice, we got 20 free vouchers to use which was great, if not it costs about 20 dollars per person. Evening meal is standard modern American Menu with Burger/Chicken/Salads Etc good quality with very generous portions. The other Restaurant for an Evening Meal was the Italian which again was very good. You can use the Neighbouring Waldorf Astoria as well, the Restaurants there are very upmarket and expensive our bill was $200 for 3 of us, but the food was very very good.
There is also a MUSE coffee bar which is just like a Starbucks, the Coffee and food is again very good, we used it for lunch if crashing by the pool for day.
The Virgin Concierge room is a nice touch from Virgin. It is a private lounge with a pool table/ Flat sreen Tv and 3 state of the art Apple Mac PCs, Great for keeping up to date with your E mails or Facebook if you have kids our daughter loved it and kept in touch with her mates back in the Uk.
The pool area again is first class the Lazy River is clean and open from 7am till Midnight. They even put a massive sceen up every night at 9pm to watch a Disney film whist lying in the pool, Amazing!! Our only complaint was a Lightening alarm, it went off if there was lightening within a 5 mile radius, if it goes off they clear the pool and lock it up for min 15 mins, dont mind if its raining but one day it went off when it was red hot.
Overall the Hotel was very very good i would recommend it. It is on the doorstep of Disney with a shuttle bus every half an hour to the parks free of charge. We did universal more with having a 14 year old daughter and got the local bus from the Transport Centre onto International DDrive it took abput about an hour. A taxi would be about 40 Dollars.

3  Thank Carl W
There are newer reviews for Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek

Reviewed September 2, 2011

Beautiful, clean, and VERY family friendly. The location is excellent. We had a rental car and was able to get to all of our desired locations in 20 minutes or less. The shuttle to Disney World was very convenient. We have a 1 year old and a 3 year old, and this place was perfect for the kids. The zero depth pool is a MUST for kids. Nightly movies pool side was also very nice and gave our family a feeling of a true vacation because of the relaxing atmosphere. The rooms were very clean and quiet. There was also plenty of parking available in the ramp. My only complaint would be $13/day parking, but oh well. I won't hesitate staying here again in the future. I will also recommend this hotel to all of my friends and relatives who will be visiting Orlando.

1  Thank Chris T
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We chose this hotel primarily as it was cheaper than staying at a Disney Moderate hotel and as we missed free dining this year Disney was looking expensive!

Its location is excellent (sort of behind the Caribbean Beach resort) and no further to the parks. It's on it's own development with the Waldorf Astoria and a VERY large Wyndham Timeshare.

The Good:
The pool is superb a great lazy river (although quite powerful maybe not that lazy).
The rooms were very clean and well equipped.
The bed was so good my father is looking a buying the same one!

The less good:
Took two attempts to fix an overly cold fridge (frozen soda cans exploded!)
Conceige not overly friendly
Parking at $13 per night!
A large conference (in our case Red Lobster) can dominate the bar in the lobby

We ate at the Harvest Bistro a few times for breakfast (not cheap - $100 for 5 of us) but the food was very good.

Initially I thought the parking garage was going to be an issue - it's a multi storey next to the hotel - BUT when you come home during a 'Florida type' thunderstorm its nice being undercover from the car to your room! and in fact turned out to be no real issue.

We did not plump for the Disney view - initially was concerned about seeing the I4 - but you cant! You are surrounded by trees and we had a sort of Disnet view (downtown Disney that is!)

Was also worried about the conference centre, but had not real effect apart from the comments on the lobby bar.

One thing we did not realise they only do interconnecting rooms between Kings & Queens. We were in two queens so could not get it.

Overall would not hesitate to stay there and as I mentioned cheaper (for us) than staying at the Caribbean Beach resort which is nothing like as nice

4  Thank TimBushell
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Went for a business convention in February -- first impression, walking up to the door, beautiful lit water fountains. The foyer is lovely. What a wonderful room! Best I've ever stayed in. The king bed was so comfortable, I confess I never wanted to go home again (dont' tell my husband!!) The room was clean and beautiful. And the bath!! The shower was a walk in, with beautiful coral colored stone walls on three sides and a wall of glass where you walked in. The shower itself was one of those gigantic heads that is like standing in a downpour. The restaurant on the bottom floor made a wonderful crab salad. Good coffee in the coffee shop. Everything was just the best.

Only downside: The temperature outside in February. I live to swim and had to try the mile long lazy river pool which, though heated, was still uncomfortable because the air temp was so cold. That's it!

Room Tip: If you don't want to walk much, this is a gigantic hotel. It looks like it goes on for blocks...
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I was upgraded to an, gulp, executive room. What else can I say:) The front desk lady was so friendly to give me this surprise. The room was great, fresh, nicely decorated.
And the pool was absolutely amazing. A great attraction by itself. This was a business trip, so I did not visit Disney or any other local attractions. Instead, I went to the pool twice, and I do not consider this a waste trip.
I will be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Had a conference to attend at this property so I brought my wife and 4 year old son with me. We loved it so much that we didn't leave the property at all. We told my son that Disney was just down the road, but he was having too much fun in the pool, and didn't want to leave. Very nicely appointed rooms, fast elevators, and super friendly staff. The grounds and hotel were ultra-clean. We ate all of our meals at the Harvest Bistro (where kids enjoy free breakfast and dinner with a paid adult). Food was typical hotel food, but the prices were very reasonable. I think that a burger and fries was only $14, plus your kid ate free with that. I would definitely stay at this property again. It is my favorite hotel in Orlando and my favorite Hilton.

Reviewed August 28, 2011

We stayed with out 2 grandsons and the room was spacious, comfortable, well laid out and clean. We all loved the lazy river pool area, but if you can, bring your own tube to float as there is a charge to rent. The hotel always seems to smell really good, which is very welcoming!
The rooms are comfy and the bathrooms are super clean & modern. I do wish parking was not so expensive.

Room Tip: Get a very high room with a pool view, as you can see fireworks from one of the Disney Parks.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family