“Excellent Hotel; Highly Recommend”

Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations
Ranked #40 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in late July 2010 with my wife and 5 year old son. We had a little bit of trouble find the hotel.
ARRIVAL: Because the roads in the area are new, the hotel provides an alternate address to use for GPS directions. My GPS thought the location was about 1.5 miles away from the actual hotel and had us going in the wrong direction. I would recommend switching to the hotels written directions once you are in the general area. We arrived at about 3:50 pm. There was nobody else checking in and it was fast and efficient. We were given a room in building 200 on the 12th floor with views of the Disney fireworks. You can see the fireworks but they are quite a distance away.
ROOM:
We had a one-bedroom suite, which was very large and had a full kitchen with full size appliances. There is also a washer/dryer in the unit, which had 2 packets of laundry detergent available. The sofa bed was not a standard, wire spring based unit. The sofa bed was made up of 3 thick foam sections that formed the mattress and was very comfortable. There are LCD televisions in the living room and bedroom. There was a wide selection of channels, but no PPV. The doors separating the bedroom were frosted French doors. They seemed to prevent sound transmission, but light from the living area did make the bedroom lighter if someone was trying to sleep while others had lights on in the living area. There was a large balcony with table, chairs and one padded lounge chair. There was a safe in the bedroom closet. There was a clock/radio in the bedroom that had an IPOD connection on the top. I was able to dock my iphone, to play music and also to charge it.
The bathroom was large with double sinks, separate large shower and tub. The tub was cool, because the water filled from a hole in the ceiling. The toilet was in a little separate area with a pocket door to separate it from the rest of the bathroom. The bathroom could be accessed from both the living area and the bedroom. The toiletries were Crabtree & Evelyn brand.
FOOD:
We ate in the restaurant once for dinner. The good was good and not too expensive. There is a little market shop on property where they sell coffee, sandwiches, and have a small grocery selection.
PARKING: The parking spots were on the smaller side, and there were a lot of columns etc that caused spaces to feel tight, but I didn’t have any problems maneuvering or parking our rental car (Chevy Impala).
OTHER:
The pool area is great. They have a zero entry pool with a water slide. The slide is a very good size for a hotel pool. It is longer than expected. They also have a children’s play area and an activity center. The activity center has a pool table, ping pong, WII, Playstation 3, board games etc. They also have activities throughout the day, and provide a brochure with all the times. We were asked a few times about joining a timeshare presentation. I think they should just ask once and then that is it. Also, once they called after 9pm when my kid was already asleep, luckily it didn’t wake him up. There are gym style lockers and changing areas in the restrooms by the pool. You need to bring your own combination lock, but they would be useful if you arrived early or were staying later after checking out of the hotel.

1  Thank fligster
Write a ReviewReviews (3,002)

Reviewed August 9, 2010

The resort is brand new and beautiful. Excellent, walk-in pool for the little ones as well as another more adult-like pool (though no apparent restrictions on kids). The playground is excellent for little ones (and shaded too) and the restaurant opens right to the pool so you can eat while watching the kids slide down the slide. Poolside games and an excellent gaming/fun room make this resort perfect for those with kids. Sure Disney and SeaWorld are nearby, but if you want that break day or two during your trip, this is a great place to stay. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite that was perfect for our family of 4 plus another couple. The little ones slept on the pullout. 2 full bathrooms is nice too as well as the full kitchen. Balcony facing Disney World allowed us to watch the fireworks. The property is the only thing around for at least a mile which feels a bit abnormal in the craziness that is Orlando, however it won't last as the properties nearby look ready to build. Staff was excellent, with the exception of the timeshare salesman (haven't met many that aren't when you aren't ready to buy). We stayed for 7 nights so the 2+ hour timeshare presentation was worth it. Just prepared to say no and get the cold shoulder once you do (from the salesman - not anyone else). We loved the property and would return if the opportunity arises. The drive to Disney wasn't too bad, but even a short drive can be a long one if the traffic is bad (which is common). Internet was very slow, but still free.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I agree 100% with bassy92's review of Parc Soleil on Aug .3.
My girlfriend and I booked Parc Soleil for our week's vacation to Orlando based on the many positive reviews on Tripadvisor.com, and we also wanted to avoid the crowds at the Disney Resorts. I am sorry to say we made a huge mistake. The "hotel" was great, but the little nuisances kept adding up. My first issue with this place happened BEFORE I checked in. The Monday before our arrival I was contacted by someone trying to sell me a time share. She offered me Sea World park tickets or 20,000 Hilton points if I sat and listened to their sales pitch over a 90 minute breakfast. I politely declined, but she wouldn't give up. I finally told her that I was unavailable and hung up the phone. You would think that would be the end but it wasn't. Someone from sales called me at least 6 more times prior to my arrival, but I let the calls go right to voicemail.

We drove to the Hilton, and was greeted by a friendly bellhop who took our luggage. I was under the impression that he was also going to valet my car, but he did not. We were told to park in the horrible parking garage (I'll address that later). The bellhop brought our luggage to our room and gave us a tour of our room and answered all of our questions.

The positives: We opted for the 1 bedroom suite with balcony. The room was very spacious with a modern kitchen. The balcony was also large and was equipped with a table with 4 chairs and a lounge chair. The room was very clean, and housekeeping did a great job maintaining the cleanliness of the room. The complex has 2 very clean pools and plenty of chairs.

The negatives: 6 things really stood out. First, the parking garage is terrible. The parking garage in building 200 is built right behind the restaurant, so all the exhaust from the restaurant goes right into the garage. The last night of our stay my girlfriend and I could barely breath walking through the garage. The spaces are also very tight. Because the spaces are so tight, people often hog two spaces so their cars don't get hit. I don't blame them for doing this, but it is still inconsiderate to the other guests. We elected to park outside the garage, but if you do be prepared to breath in the restaurant fumes.

Second, the air conditioner. We had to keep our room temperature at 65 degrees. If we went above 65 the heater for some reason would kick on and the room would go to 85 degrees. We had to call maintenance twice about this issue, but we elected to just keep the room freezing.

Third, garbage in the hallways. My room was very clean, however, for some reason housekeeping or other occupants left trash out in the hallway. Some of the trash smelled terrible and I feel this could be a health issue.

Forth, sales will call you to get you to sit for the timeshare demonstration. I guess since I did not schedule to sit for the sales presentation, sales felt the need to keep nagging me during my trip. The do not like taking no for an answer.

Fifth, contrary to other reviews and other internet sites, THE SECOND POOL IS NOT ADULTS ONLY. Our main reason for choosing the Parc Soleil was we read that they had an adults only pool as well as a main pool with a slide. The second pool is much smaller and quieter. We elected to go to that pool, however within minutes children were jumping and splashing everywhere. I even heard a parent say to his 2 children "come on, let's go make noise at the quiet pool." I guess this happens because management has no control of the grounds. Children are running around all over the pool areas, but no one says anything to them or their parents.

Sixth, the beds are extremely uncomfortable. I have problems sleeping as it is, so it was almost impossible for me to sleep. The mattresses are way too soft and you sink into the mattress. We both woke up sore every morning.

I wish I had better things to say about Parc Soleil. The grounds are really pretty, but there are way too many things that I could not over look. My guess is that the majority of the positive reviews are from Hilton Vacation Club members that do not want to say anything bad about the place, or are just in denial about these small but significant negative details that could potentially ruin your vacation. I also feel management needs to take an active role in controlling the parking and pool situation. My advice, and I hate to say this, but is to stay at a Disney Resort. I wish we did because we felt like we were outsiders in Orlando.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PWHerman
Reviewed August 6, 2010

New property and very nice. Rooms were huge and well appointed. Bathroom was great.
The living room furniture was not very comfortable but we didn't spend much time there.

When I made the reservation, months before we arrived, I requested a view of the Disney fireworks. in addition, the day before we arrived we were told it would be no problem. However, at check in I was promptly told we did not have that room even though I had requested it months before. I had to tell my son that even though I promised him the Disney fireworks he would have to do without. Thanks Parc Soleil for teaching my son a valuable life lesson.

Despite the setback, my son said he would rather stay at Parc Soleil than at the Nickelodeon Hotel where we stayed last year. My wife says they have spacious suites and it is great for families.

Reviewed August 6, 2010

Had Two Weeks here in May and the complex is perfect. Pool is great Staff are excellent Food was great and the apartments are the best i have ever stayed in. The Location is a little out the way, we never had a car so took taxis to Disney which cost between 20 - 45 bucks each way which is not too bad considering the daily cost of hiring a car. Had a little hassel with the sales team but it did not affect the amazing holiday. Could come back here just to stay at the resort.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2010

We stayed at this resort for three nights. We arrived on an early am flight and took a taxi to this resort. There are no shuttles from the airport, but there is a lower priced taxi that we didn't know about. We paid too much for ours. When we arrived at the resort, they told us our room was ready and that was wonderful since we were all tired from our early flight! The woman who checked us in was very friendly and helpful. We stayed in a one bedroom suite and it was absolutely beautiful. The room was very spacious with a full kitchen, and the couch made into a king size bed for our teenage girls. The bedroom was very spacious as well with a king size bed. We also had a very large balcony overlooking the pool area. The bathroom was wonderful as well and we were all quite in awe of the water that came from the ceiling into the stand alone bathtub. The only drawback was there needs to be more hooks or racks for hanging towels. We were on the 6th floor and the marketplace/store was just a quick elevator ride down. The prices were very reasonalble there and they also sold Starbucks coffee. Near the market was a wonderful restaurant/bar, so we were very close to everything. We had a wonderful stay at this resort and I would love to stay here again someday!

Reviewed August 3, 2010

Parc Soleil is relatively new. They have two towers built on the property and I believe are going to build an additional three towers. The towers line a .5 mile walking path. The hotel also has tennis courts and basketball courts as well as a great fitness facility.
We rented a King Studio for a week and had a great view from the 14th floor! Each night, we could see the firework shows at Epcot and Magic Kingdom from our window. The rooms were nicely decorated and clean. We had a problem with our refrigerator not cooling and a replacement was provided without issue. And wood floors are a plus in my book!
We were pleasantly surprised to have a laundry room just a few doors down from our studio room that we could wash and dry our laundry (no charge).
Most of our trip, we spent at the "quiet" pool. But we did venture down the waterslide a few times which was a blast. The hotel has planned activities throughout the day for kids and adults. We enjoyed the ice cream social!
It was also very nice to have a convenience store / deli shop on site. Prices were not that bad for the convenience. And the sandwiches were very yummy made from there!
The Parc Soleil appeared to be located on a new stretch of road that is developing. For us, being away from the congestion near Disney was nice. But having the ability to drive 5-10 minutes to attactions was a plus. Many restaurants were also close by. We had GPS to help and it worked satisfactorily with getting us there.
We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple