I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in late July 2010 with my wife and 5 year old son. We had a little bit of trouble find the hotel.
ARRIVAL: Because the roads in the area are new, the hotel provides an alternate address to use for GPS directions. My GPS thought the location was about 1.5 miles away from the actual hotel and had us going in the wrong direction. I would recommend switching to the hotels written directions once you are in the general area. We arrived at about 3:50 pm. There was nobody else checking in and it was fast and efficient. We were given a room in building 200 on the 12th floor with views of the Disney fireworks. You can see the fireworks but they are quite a distance away.
We had a one-bedroom suite, which was very large and had a full kitchen with full size appliances. There is also a washer/dryer in the unit, which had 2 packets of laundry detergent available. The sofa bed was not a standard, wire spring based unit. The sofa bed was made up of 3 thick foam sections that formed the mattress and was very comfortable. There are LCD televisions in the living room and bedroom. There was a wide selection of channels, but no PPV. The doors separating the bedroom were frosted French doors. They seemed to prevent sound transmission, but light from the living area did make the bedroom lighter if someone was trying to sleep while others had lights on in the living area. There was a large balcony with table, chairs and one padded lounge chair. There was a safe in the bedroom closet. There was a clock/radio in the bedroom that had an IPOD connection on the top. I was able to dock my iphone, to play music and also to charge it.
The bathroom was large with double sinks, separate large shower and tub. The tub was cool, because the water filled from a hole in the ceiling. The toilet was in a little separate area with a pocket door to separate it from the rest of the bathroom. The bathroom could be accessed from both the living area and the bedroom. The toiletries were Crabtree & Evelyn brand.
We ate in the restaurant once for dinner. The good was good and not too expensive. There is a little market shop on property where they sell coffee, sandwiches, and have a small grocery selection.
PARKING: The parking spots were on the smaller side, and there were a lot of columns etc that caused spaces to feel tight, but I didn’t have any problems maneuvering or parking our rental car (Chevy Impala).
The pool area is great. They have a zero entry pool with a water slide. The slide is a very good size for a hotel pool. It is longer than expected. They also have a children’s play area and an activity center. The activity center has a pool table, ping pong, WII, Playstation 3, board games etc. They also have activities throughout the day, and provide a brochure with all the times. We were asked a few times about joining a timeshare presentation. I think they should just ask once and then that is it. Also, once they called after 9pm when my kid was already asleep, luckily it didn’t wake him up. There are gym style lockers and changing areas in the restrooms by the pool. You need to bring your own combination lock, but they would be useful if you arrived early or were staying later after checking out of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 52 acres in the heart of the attractions area in Orlando, Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations is in close proximity to famous local attractions including Walt Disney World(R), Universal Orlando(R), SeaWorld(R) Orlando, Aquatica(R), and is convenient to I-4 and more than 94 championship golf courses. Parc Soleil features stylish studios and roomy one and two bedroom suites with balconies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parc Soleil By Hilton Grand Vacations Club Hotel Orlando
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club Orlando