“Great pool!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Washington Dc
“Great pool!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2010

We stayed at the Parc Soleil over Labor Day weekend in 2009. We rented a 2 bedroom unit with another couple and our 3 daughters....2 3.5 year olds and a 2 year old. The unit was big enough for us to be comfortable and we were not in it often since we were in Orlando and the resort had an awesome pool area. The pool area has a huge waterslide, free form activity pool, playground and a quiet pool. The girls has such a great time that we skipped the parks one day and just played at the pool. There is a restaurant and bar at the pool, serving casual food and tropical drinks. Everyone at the resort was very friendly and eager to help out. The resort seems a bit remote but it is only 2 miles from downtown Disney. This was our second trip to Orlando and I have to say that we enjoy staying off the Disney property...sometimes you jsut need a break from the mouse.

Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank MelDC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (602)
  • Arabic first
Villach, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2010

I invested a lot of time in finding the right hotel for our trip to Orlando. I wanted a well priced hotel with a large room, nice pool and located in the middle of all entertainment parks and for me the Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations Club seemed the perfect choice.

This was our first time in Orlando and we were really excited. We arrived quite late in Orlando, around 10pm, got our rental car and drove directly to the hotel. The hotel is located in a quite area, because there isn't really much around the hotel, except the road. No chance going out for a walk just to get something for breakfast or something like that, except you like walking around 30-40 mins one way. If staying there I would really recommend a rental car, because you're just more flexibel and there is so much to discover in Orlando and with a car you can really take out all of every day. The hotel also offers free parking with much space in the parking block.

The check-in went very quickly, only around 3 mins. We booked a studio suite, with a large kitchenette, seperate living area with flat TV, huge bath room, very comfortable bed room with one more flat TV and a huge balcony with a nice view. The suite was just amazing, just like the price. One thing I've got to criticize is the housekeeping, which could have been much better, like many other users here on TripAdvisor mentioned before. They sometimes completely forgot cleaning up the floor or replacing the soap and detergent. Well, and there was the strange construction of the shower, which sprayed the water on the bath room floor, even when there was the curtain.

As I already mentioned the hotel is just in the middle of nowhere but also in the middle of everywhere. Sounds strange, but if you want to go out for a walk, there is hardly a chance reaching something useful like a Walmart or Starbucks. But if you got a car, you can reach everything within some minutes. Seaworld or Discovery Cove are only like 5 mins away, just like the next Walmart also just 5 mins, or Disney World about 15-20 mins.

We had a great time at the Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations Club and I would recommend this hotel to everyone, who looks for a well-priced, modern and new hotel, plus free WiFi and free parking. In combination with a car, this was our perfect hotel choice and we had a fantastic time in Orlando!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2010

This was my first time staying at the property and I am very impressed. I definitely took into consideration the earlier reviews. I had read that there wasn't much housekeeping done during the stay. I would like to clarify that if you stay more than four nights your room will have a full cleaning. I was a little nervous about that but I figured I could work around it. I was pleasantly surprised that housekeeping came every day and emptied the trash, made the beds, and new towels set out. I was pleasantly surprised that they did the dishes in the sink. My room was always clean when I returned at the end of the day. My room was beautiful and it had a very fancy dvd/tv/stereo system in the livingroom. I had to call down for help and Derek at guest services knew the exact answer. Also, gotta love the bell carts on every floor in the garage. Those were a lifesaver with groceries and luggage at check in. All of the staff were great from the reception, concierge, housekeeping, and parking. All so polite! Its a sign of very well managed property! Great job Hilton!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank CGeorgeMassachusetts
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2010

In short, this place is a fabulous value for the money. The property is new, the pool area is organized well, and had a fantastic time during the 9 days we spent here.

The perks:
- I requested that the front desk put a "do not solicit" message on our account. Thus, we were not bothered with the time-share pitch.
- As two adults traveling without children, we were overjoyed to discover the "adult" pool. The kids can run around at the regular pool, but the adult pool was a relaxing, quiet place to catch some rays. The cabanas are still free and we managed to use one almost every day.
- The workout facility and walking path were great.
- We arrived on an early flight and we were allowed to check-in before noon that day.
- The balcony furniture is a nice touch, I appreciated the chaise lounger out there.
- Everything is brand-spankin' new (in Tower 2) and I think we were the first folks to use the blender.

Couple of cons:
- Housekeeping either came at 8 a.m. or after 5 p.m. I understand that they have to turn over the vacated rooms, but since housekeeping did not come while we were gone during the day, our suite did not receive a lot of TLC. We simply called down for fresh towels and made due.
- Diaper-clad toddlers were allowed in the pool and hot tubs. That's just icky, so we tended to stay on the "adult" side of the pool area.
- There was a couple, um, canoodling in one of the hot tubs one afternoon. One of the hotel managers strolled by and didn't say anything to them...that was just icky, too. Hopefully that was an isolated event, but we didn't think it was that kind of place!

All in all, it was 95% wonderful.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Southampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2010

Stayed here on our honeymoon in May 2010, which was our 3rd visit to Orlando. Lake Buena Vista area is definitely a great area for access to all the parks, and access to the motorway.

The hotel is still quite new, but is first rate. We stayed in a King suite studio, and it was very comfortable with a kitchenette and large shower (no bath). It has 2 amazing pools - 1 with a water slide - plus several jacuzzi's. It has a snack bar, small market for everday stuff and an area for kids with TV's pool tables and PS3's etc and free internet access.

Great location, which in my opinion is better than staying on International drive, and has made our honeymoon amazing.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jamesyp1976
palm beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2010

For years we felt the only place to stay when visiting Disney World was on-site, paying on-site prices (high). When Parc Soliel first opened we went to Orlando for a birthday celebration at Discovery Cove and Sea World and we stayed there. We were so pleasantly surprised at the quality of the suite for the price as well as the pool. We just revisited Parc Soliel this past weekend and were provided the penthouse 1 bedroom suite, which was wonderful. I think the restaurant needs some tweaking but the small store is convenient and stocked well, fitness center and activity center are both great. If you don't mind not having housekeeping for small visits, this place is great. If you need to clean up, there is a broom and dust pan for your use. We will definitely continue to stay at this facility and recommend it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Overland Park, KS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2010

First off a little about us: We are in our late 30's with a 9 and 10 year old. We go every May to Disney for 7-10 days. We don't stay on-property because it is too expensive for what you get and prefer a little more variety in food. We've stayed at various Marriott resort/vacation properties, Renaissance at Sea World, Hyatt Grand Cypress and multiple other time-share properties. We've decided that Parc Soleil is the best place so far!

Our experience: We stayed at the Parc from May 12 - 19. We purposely chose mid-May since there are fewer tourists and it is considered off-season. I reserved the room 4 weeks in advance and talked directly with Hilton reservations which gave me a $125 "Managers Special" instead of the $159 rate initially offered. We were able to check in by 2 PM, and into a 1-bedroom suite of our choosing (new building, high floor overlooking Disney fireworks). Parking was tight, but there were plenty of open spaces - I was just happy for covered parking! Luggage carts were available in the parking garage - I turned down the luggage bellhop's help.

We were stunned at how nice the room actually was. It was clean, and everything (appliances, TVs, furniture, materials) was top notch. My kids slept on the king-size pull out sofa which as quite comfortable. We made breakfast in the kitchen every morning, and even ate supper there a few times. We used the washer/dryer several times as well. Complaints on the loudness of the Air Conditioning are well-founded, however it never really bothered us. We occasionally heard the people next door, but it wasn't that bad. Although the view was what we requested, it did look out over the future building sites of other Hilton buildings, which was not very nice, but we never really spent that much time sitting on the balcony - which is HUGE. We did watch the fireworks one night, which were about 5 miles away.

Beds are comfortable, bathroom is huge with a lock-off toilet room, and the shower has good water flow. Watch out for the toilet - it might suck you in when you flush! TV has alot of channels, but no movie rental options - you have to physically rent a DVD in the family center which costs $3 - small selection but they have a few new titles. You can also check out board games, play pool, and other kid-friendly activities there, which is right off of the main pool area. Free internet was nice, and the exercise room is better than many hotels I've stayed - and I travel for work.

The pool is awesome! We've stayed at the Hyatt Grand Cypress several times and although it is bigger there, the Parc has a much bigger waterslide, zero entry area, and is conveniently located next to the restaurant so food/beverages are easier to get. For supper one time we called the kids out of the pool - they ate - then jumped right back in to play some more. Pool hours are long (8 AM to 11 PM).

Overall, I prefer this property to the Hyatt Grand Cypress and the other Marriott 5 star resorts we've stayed at for the following reasons: 1) Its easy to get somewhere without having to walk a mile - the proximity of the pool to our room to the restaurant and everything else is very close and well thought out. 2) We prefer value luxury - we like staying at the very nice places but don't like being nicked-and-dimed for the extra stuff like bellhop/luggage, exercise room, internet, resort beverage (pool bar) only rules, towel service, etc that alot of the more expensive places tack on (most make you pay a daily "resort fee" that covers this stuff). If you want to be 'serviced' as if you are staying at a 6 star spa resort, then I suggest you go somewhere else. However, this place has good amenities that bridge the gap.

Convenience store featuring Starbucks surpassed my expectations. They were pricier on foodstuff, but by the time you jump in your car and drive to the rip-off tourist grocery store it isn't that bad if you are buying a little detergent or ice cream. Starbucks coffee varies depending on who is mixing the drink. Deli is good for a quick bite. And they sell bathing suits if you forget yours. Wine is way overpriced.

Restaurant is not a 4 star food place, but suffices to fill your stomach without ripping apart your wallet. Enough variety to eat there several times. The problem waitress referred to in other reviews seems to be gone. We liked eating poolside while watching the kids play.

Overall, it was the little things that captured our attention: while relaxing by the pool, security makes its rounds about every 10-15 minutes, and we noticed they inquired about several very young children seemingly playing by themselves, making sure their parents were nearby. Staff came through regularly to clean up towels, straighten chairs, and check to see if we needed anything. They even came by and cleaned up bird poop off of a planter nearby. We received only one phone call within 15 minutes of checking in to attend a time-share presentation, which I turned down. The $100 gift card or discounted tickets were not enough to entice me to sit through the 1 hour presentation.

There is a $25 late check out fee during busy times, but we were able to stay until noon without the fee by calling the morning of and requesting late check out.

The only complaints I have are with housekeeping - we had to ask twice for towels and once for new bedsheets for the sofa bed. There was one day our room wasn't cleaned until after 5 PM. Cleaning was inconsistent, and sometimes the soap and detergent were not replaced when used. Also, the cleaning staff (not restaurant, store, or desk staff) were a little rude when we encountered them in the elevator area or garage. With my family of four when using the elevator or going to our cars, several times we had to stop and let the staff enter the elevator first or drive their golf carts down the ramp when it should be the other way around since we were guests.

It was a good stay and we left here to go to the Hyatt Grand Cypress for 4 days. We were so disappointed staying there after the Parc, even though we'd stayed there before and they had undergone a multi-million dollar renovation. We will stay there again assuming the prices don't double.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family