“Good Resort But BEWARE OF TIMESHARE SALES TOURS!!!!!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations

Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations
Ranked #42 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Dalton,GA
“Good Resort But BEWARE OF TIMESHARE SALES TOURS!!!!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2010

Make sure you know this is a Timeshare property for Hilton and you will not get daily housekeeping. I booked this resort through Hilton since I am a HHonors member. A few weeks before we were to arrive I received call wanting to check on my up coming reservation. Come to find out it was a solicitation to sign me up for a timeshare sales tour. The woman said it would be real quick and I could receive a 100 dollar visa card for my tour. So I reserved a timeshare tour at 8am the last day at this resort before I went to another property.

I arrived at 4pm and went inside since I saw no bellman around. Check in was fine and there was popcorn and coloring books in the lobby for the kids. After checking in I unloaded all my luggage myself since I still could not get help from a bellman. I went and parked my truck In the outdoor parking since my truck would not fit in the parking garage. I returned and still no bellman. We waited for a total of 15 min to get a bellman to get our bags. We arrived at our room which was a 1 bedroom suite on the 8th floor. The kitchen is very nice with Granite counters and stainless appliances. The living room is of nice size with a pullout KING size bed. The bedroom has a large King size bed and both rooms having flat panel tv"s on the wall. The bathroom was HUGE and has a tub that is free standing that is filled from the ceiling. YES water comes out of the ceiling to fill up the tub. The balcony is very large with a table and chairs and a lounge chair. The pool is a walk in pool and the water slide is fun for kids and adults. The pool side food is good.

On the last day I had my timeshare tour at 8am. WE RECEIVED A CALL IN OUR ROOM AT 7:30 MAKING SURE WE WERE GOING TO BE ON TIME AND ATTENDING OUR TOUR!!!!!! This was fine since we were almost ready and the sales center was beside the lobby. ME AND MY PREGNANT WIFE WITH TWINS (because you have to bring your spouse). We checked in at the front desk at 8am. We were told someone would be with us in a min. We continued to wait but as everyone else who arrived were whisked away on a tour we were left waiting After 20 min we decided we could not wait any longer since my wife was pregnant and we already had waited almost 1/3 of the time of the tour. I informed the front desk we were not going to wait and their was no expiation or we are sorry for the inconvenience just OK. I was not happy with this experience so I called the Hilton Vacation Club Sales line and spoke to a manager and he explained he could not help me I had to contact the resort sales center direct and speak with a manager on duty. He did tell me that they probably over booked. Apparently they give priority to guests that are solicited deals to come to the resort and take a mandatory tour or they have to pay full price. I guess I was not very important since I paid full price to stay at the resort and my time was wasted. I left a message for the manager on duty at the sales center at the resort but I have still to date not received a call.

The main thing is the resort is supper nice but the bell service needs help. I would stay again but do yourself a favor and don't make the mistake I did and get your time wasted on the hope of a 100 dollar gift card.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
7 Thank lear192

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (602)
  • Arabic first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2010

I am still very impressed by this hotel.

# Room: We got one of the 1BR suites, amazing! Huge, it's own full kitchen with stove, coffee maker, fridge, blender, cups, plates, everything! Nice porch with view of pond. Bathroom amazing with HUGE bathtub perfect for a nice bath. I can't say enough about the 1BR suite, amazing, everything we needed, didn't even want to leave the room especially with the free WiFi.

# Pool/gym: Two swimming pools, awesome water slide. Open late. Gym was nice.

# Staff: Everyone super friendly, especially when we checked in at 1am.

# Location: Not the best, as there's not much in the immediate area, cannot walk anywhere. Definitely would need a car (parking is free), but you need a car for orlando anyway.

Overall, I was really amazed by this hotel. I was in town for a conference which was at the Dolphin and Swan hotel, and that hotel was crowded and just looked cheap with expensive parking and expensive rooms. The Parc Soleil totally different, much cheaper, and much nicer to look at. The price was super cheap for what you get, and not very crowded. This may change in the future because I know they are planning to build on the empty space next to the existing buildings. But highly recommended, especially given the other choices in Orlando. Yes, you have to drive a bit, but it was perfect.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank seafoodben
Philadelphia Burbs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2010

We were at this hotel from May 1-9th and had an incredible stay. I was a little worried after reading some of the reviews, but we had an excellent stay and will definitely stay there again. We were in tower one in a 2BR penthouse on the 15th floor. The rooms were beautiful and the king size beds were great. The view overlooking the pool was amazing. We loved the huge balcony. My kids loved the pool and the waterslide. We ended up eating 4 dinners at the pool because my kids were so happy there. The food at the pool restaurant was very good and I felt it was reasonably priced. We went to the local grocery store and bought snacks and beverages which we were able to bring to the pool which saved a lot of money. The pool was busy at times but never overcrowded. You could always find tables and chairs. I loved having the washer and dryer in the room and did wash daily. It was so nice to come home with clean clothes. They provided detergent which was also great. I do agree that housekeeping could be improved. We were there 8 nights and our room was only cleaned once after the fourth night. They did not come into our room at all on the other days so our beds were never made. There was a place to take your trash so we took out our own trash daily. They did not restock our coffee or detergent but one call to guest services and it was sent up immediately. The staff was friendly and my kids loved the workers at the pool. All the slide attendants knew my children's names. We loved the movie nights by the pool and the game room was great. My kids went down the slide a few hundred times. The hotel is surrounded by vacant properties but the Hilton property itself is nice. We were only a few minutes from restaurants, Walmart and grocery stores. While you couldn't walk anywhere, you could drive there quickly. Disney was about 15 minutes. The concierge had great dinner recommendations and great coupons. Our room did not have any noisy AC - thank goodness. Parking in tower one had very narrow spots but the garage was never full so you could park further away if you wanted to protect your car. The elevator came quickly even to the 15th floor. Besides improving the housecleaning, I really don't have any complaints. My kids thought this was the best hotel EVER which made it great for us as parents. We were at the parks a lot during the day so missed a lot of activities at the pool, but they seemed to have a lot of them. If we hadn't already bought park tickets, my kids would have been just as happy staying at the hotel. You can even get your hair braided or a temporary tatoo at the pool which was a big hit with the kids. If you are looking for a kid friendly hotel, I highly recommend it!

1 Thank LovetoTravel3573
New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2010

All I can say is how much we enjoyed our stay at Hilton Parc Soleil. We were there for almost a week and have already booked a return visit for . When I chose this hotel I read a bunch of reviews on various hotels before choosing this one. Even after I booked it I kept second guessing my decision because you never can be sure until you actually stay somplace yourself. I was not disappointed. We thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait to return.

The hotel is kept spic and span. The staff do an excellent job making sure that this hotel is kept spotless. The pool and hot tub are sparkling clean. The rooms are spacious and nicely decorated. The fold out sofa is actually comfortable. The location in my opinion is perfect. You are minutes away from a ton of restaurants and just minutes to downtown disney and disney attractions. We enjoyed Carrabas, Olive Garden & TRex.

I did not find any issue with service. We had an "accident" over night with my 4 year old son and the staff promptly brought us new sheets and a replacement cover for the bed with a change of sheets for the fold out. The pool is a 10. The pictures do not do it justice. In fact, it was one of the rare times that I actually enjoyed myself at a pool with my children instead of being worried the whole time about them drowning. The zero entry is the BEST. I did not know what that was but basically like a lake, with a very gradual increase in the depth. The water sprays everywhere are GREAT fun for the kids and the most amazing waterslide. I enjoyed it just as much as my children. The playground is wonderful, covered with a light tent so a nice place for the kids to get out of the sun.

The hotel description does not do the Hilton Justice. It does not explain that there is a lovely pond on site that has a fabulous walking path around it that is lit up at night. My husband and I loved sitting on the balcony after tucking our children in bed for the night and watching people walk or jog around it. Also, we could see the fireworks of disney and epcot, along with the beautiful pool that has a fountain that changes colors... absolutely beautiful! It was a dream to spend time in that lovely setting.

We had lunch several times and dinner once by the pool. I want to say that my dinner at Parc Soleil was my favorite while on vacation. My husband and I both had the salmon and it was cooked to perfection. We also had the rosemary chicken for lunch, the mahi mahi and the portobello burger...fantastic. They also had a nice selection for my children. The food was top notch and the service Excellent. People sometimes say "who cares, your only gonna sleep there", at Parc Soleil, you will "vacation there". We went on vacation thinking that we would enjoy a little time at the hotel but spend most of our time at the disney area attractions...that was not the case. The hotel is busy enough so you wont be bored but not chaotic or jammed with screaming kids... Thank you Hilton Parc Soleil staff for making our visit to Florida such an enjoyable one. I can't wait to return!

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2010

If you're looking for service, a resort experience or the least bit of help with anything—go elsewhere.

The first day we checked in, I thought everything looked great. The pool, playground and activity center were all wonderful with a small child. But, soon the cracks started to show.

I called the first nice we were there to ask if they had room service. The representative put me on hold for over 5 minutes to check and see. How do they not know? They told me I could buy food down by the pool and bring it up to the room. Yeah...that's not room service.

The housekeeping service is terrible. With hardwood floors and a small child, there were so many crumbs and so much debris that got tracked into bed with us—and they didn't change the sheets for our entire 5-night stay.

Our mini-fridge was broken (but still running) and we filled it with food, only to find our milk, cream cheese, etc. warm and inedible in the morning.

The shower in the bathroom sprays water all over the floor, even with the curtain completely drawn. My daughter slipped on the soaking wet bathroom floor—twice! I'm lucky she wasn't seriously injured.

Halfway through our stay, my daughter started feeling sick. I was finally able to get her to nap and called Guest Services to see if there was any way I could get someone to bring me up some ice for her. The first rep said they could send some up. 45 minutes later, I called back and they said they had no way of doing that, but they would 'try'. I called again half an hour later and talked to a supervisor. They were snippy, said they don't have room service but "I guess I can send up a bellhop". I finally got ice for my daughter an hour later.

For the entire stay, I spent several hours every day down at the pool and no one ever asked me if I needed anything—a drink, food, etc.

I was also really tired of getting calls every single day trying to get us to go to their timeshare presentation.

I will say that their were some lovely features. The pool area is very kid friendly. We liked the activity center and playground. The bartender at the Soleil Cafe was very friendly and helpful and the staff at the Marketplace were very accommodating.

Overall, I had higher expectations and the Parc Soleil sorely disappointed. The service level is near zero here. It's fine for spending the night if you plan on being out all day..but if you want a resort experience, go elsewhere!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank plasticsymphony
Washington, D.C.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2010

I recently stayed in a one bedroom unt for five nights. This was a leisure visit with a couple days at the theme parks, some shopping, and a couple days of pool time.

This property has a lot of positives. Prices are very reasonable, it's nearly brand new, nice decor, two very nice pools, can get an Epcot fireworks view, not a long drive to various attractions. I thought the bathroom was one of the nicest I've seen. Large stand alone tub (very cool how water comes from ceiling!), huge shower with oversize shower head and hand held option. Unit is really spacious and easily comfortable for a longer stay. Decent soundproofing, but I could occasionally hear people next door and above. Balcony was also large and had a nice lounger as well as table and chairs. Not screened, but I didn't notice an issue with bugs (on 10th floor).

I really liked having the option of using the main larger pool which includes water features and daily entertainment (livelier on weekends, but some entertainment every day) and is close to bar/restaurant. Smaller, adult pool is adjacent and much quieter, but still nicer than the basic rectangle you see sometimes. Ample towels were provided and I never saw more than half the chairs full although one of the staff commented that they were at 92% occupancy during my stay.

I didn't find parking to be a problem in my small SUV. Spaces were kind of tight, but not ridiculously so and garage never seemed more than 50 - 75% full so you always had the option of parking further away if you didn't want to be next to another car.

Now, onto the issues. In Building Two, the elevators are at the far end of one looooooong hallway and I ended up in the very furthest unit. I guess this is just the equivalent of being assigned a more distant building in a low rise property, but this long hallway walk made it feel like sort of a hike anytime you were going to the elevator to head to the pool or parking garage. Also, given the newness of the property, I was really surprised how dirty and spotted the hallway carpet was. Makes me wonder how well they will keep up the property.

I definitely had issues with housekeeping as others have mentioned. Upon check in, found the wood furniture in the room very dusty. Also, on two different days when I had left the room by 9AM I returned after 5PM and found it had not been cleaned and had to call to get fresh towels. As others have said daily housekeeping really only includes taking out the trash, making the bed and replacing the towels. Bathroom and floors were not cleaned during my stay and I don't believe the sheets were ever changed and there was no card to request this.

On another day when we returned from Epcot after 10:00, there were two unpleasant suprises. First, the air conditioning was not working and I had a voice mail from the front desk that something had gone wrong with swiping my credit card and I needed to come down that day (to front desk in the other building) to get if fixed. Well, it took two calls and an hour and a half for them to come fix the air conditioning (it was very hot!) and I ended up at the front desk around midnight to find out there had been some error on their end and there was no problem with my credit card. Also had to have two separate service calls on a severely leaking shower head which they said they fixed the first time and didn't.

The last thing I didn't really care for was the property's location. If you're not familiar with the back roads you will definitely think you're way off the beaten track. Definitely cannot walk anywhere from here. Usually you'd think an advantage of being slightly out of the way would be serenity and views, but views are really of a future construction site and not at all appealing. Although it wasn't a long drive to attractions, I still would have prefered to be in either a more populated area, or if out of the way a prettier, more natural area.

Overall I still think this place is a great value for the money and the newness and pools are a major plus, but I they have some work to do on housekeeping and maintenance.

Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank overnighttraveller
CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2010

Beautiful rooms, quiet, nice pool, great bathroom, comfortable bed, great full kitchen, easy drive, friendly staff. Housekeeping not great --- didn't come one day, didn't sweep the Cheerios off the floor another day, we found a hairbrush in the corner when we arrived. I paid less than $100/night for a 1 bedroom penthouse suite for agreeing to do the time share presentation which was not pushy. Nice pool, nice fitness center, some activities for the kids like pool side movies were fun.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family