“Can't Wait To Return to Hilton Parc Soleil” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations

Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations
Ranked #41 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
New Hampshire
“Can't Wait To Return to Hilton Parc Soleil”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2010

All I can say is how much we enjoyed our stay at Hilton Parc Soleil. We were there for almost a week and have already booked a return visit for . When I chose this hotel I read a bunch of reviews on various hotels before choosing this one. Even after I booked it I kept second guessing my decision because you never can be sure until you actually stay somplace yourself. I was not disappointed. We thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait to return.

The hotel is kept spic and span. The staff do an excellent job making sure that this hotel is kept spotless. The pool and hot tub are sparkling clean. The rooms are spacious and nicely decorated. The fold out sofa is actually comfortable. The location in my opinion is perfect. You are minutes away from a ton of restaurants and just minutes to downtown disney and disney attractions. We enjoyed Carrabas, Olive Garden & TRex.

I did not find any issue with service. We had an "accident" over night with my 4 year old son and the staff promptly brought us new sheets and a replacement cover for the bed with a change of sheets for the fold out. The pool is a 10. The pictures do not do it justice. In fact, it was one of the rare times that I actually enjoyed myself at a pool with my children instead of being worried the whole time about them drowning. The zero entry is the BEST. I did not know what that was but basically like a lake, with a very gradual increase in the depth. The water sprays everywhere are GREAT fun for the kids and the most amazing waterslide. I enjoyed it just as much as my children. The playground is wonderful, covered with a light tent so a nice place for the kids to get out of the sun.

The hotel description does not do the Hilton Justice. It does not explain that there is a lovely pond on site that has a fabulous walking path around it that is lit up at night. My husband and I loved sitting on the balcony after tucking our children in bed for the night and watching people walk or jog around it. Also, we could see the fireworks of disney and epcot, along with the beautiful pool that has a fountain that changes colors... absolutely beautiful! It was a dream to spend time in that lovely setting.

We had lunch several times and dinner once by the pool. I want to say that my dinner at Parc Soleil was my favorite while on vacation. My husband and I both had the salmon and it was cooked to perfection. We also had the rosemary chicken for lunch, the mahi mahi and the portobello burger...fantastic. They also had a nice selection for my children. The food was top notch and the service Excellent. People sometimes say "who cares, your only gonna sleep there", at Parc Soleil, you will "vacation there". We went on vacation thinking that we would enjoy a little time at the hotel but spend most of our time at the disney area attractions...that was not the case. The hotel is busy enough so you wont be bored but not chaotic or jammed with screaming kids... Thank you Hilton Parc Soleil staff for making our visit to Florida such an enjoyable one. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (602)
  • Arabic first
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2010

If you're looking for service, a resort experience or the least bit of help with anything—go elsewhere.

The first day we checked in, I thought everything looked great. The pool, playground and activity center were all wonderful with a small child. But, soon the cracks started to show.

I called the first nice we were there to ask if they had room service. The representative put me on hold for over 5 minutes to check and see. How do they not know? They told me I could buy food down by the pool and bring it up to the room. Yeah...that's not room service.

The housekeeping service is terrible. With hardwood floors and a small child, there were so many crumbs and so much debris that got tracked into bed with us—and they didn't change the sheets for our entire 5-night stay.

Our mini-fridge was broken (but still running) and we filled it with food, only to find our milk, cream cheese, etc. warm and inedible in the morning.

The shower in the bathroom sprays water all over the floor, even with the curtain completely drawn. My daughter slipped on the soaking wet bathroom floor—twice! I'm lucky she wasn't seriously injured.

Halfway through our stay, my daughter started feeling sick. I was finally able to get her to nap and called Guest Services to see if there was any way I could get someone to bring me up some ice for her. The first rep said they could send some up. 45 minutes later, I called back and they said they had no way of doing that, but they would 'try'. I called again half an hour later and talked to a supervisor. They were snippy, said they don't have room service but "I guess I can send up a bellhop". I finally got ice for my daughter an hour later.

For the entire stay, I spent several hours every day down at the pool and no one ever asked me if I needed anything—a drink, food, etc.

I was also really tired of getting calls every single day trying to get us to go to their timeshare presentation.

I will say that their were some lovely features. The pool area is very kid friendly. We liked the activity center and playground. The bartender at the Soleil Cafe was very friendly and helpful and the staff at the Marketplace were very accommodating.

Overall, I had higher expectations and the Parc Soleil sorely disappointed. The service level is near zero here. It's fine for spending the night if you plan on being out all day..but if you want a resort experience, go elsewhere!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank plasticsymphony
Washington, D.C.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2010

I recently stayed in a one bedroom unt for five nights. This was a leisure visit with a couple days at the theme parks, some shopping, and a couple days of pool time.

This property has a lot of positives. Prices are very reasonable, it's nearly brand new, nice decor, two very nice pools, can get an Epcot fireworks view, not a long drive to various attractions. I thought the bathroom was one of the nicest I've seen. Large stand alone tub (very cool how water comes from ceiling!), huge shower with oversize shower head and hand held option. Unit is really spacious and easily comfortable for a longer stay. Decent soundproofing, but I could occasionally hear people next door and above. Balcony was also large and had a nice lounger as well as table and chairs. Not screened, but I didn't notice an issue with bugs (on 10th floor).

I really liked having the option of using the main larger pool which includes water features and daily entertainment (livelier on weekends, but some entertainment every day) and is close to bar/restaurant. Smaller, adult pool is adjacent and much quieter, but still nicer than the basic rectangle you see sometimes. Ample towels were provided and I never saw more than half the chairs full although one of the staff commented that they were at 92% occupancy during my stay.

I didn't find parking to be a problem in my small SUV. Spaces were kind of tight, but not ridiculously so and garage never seemed more than 50 - 75% full so you always had the option of parking further away if you didn't want to be next to another car.

Now, onto the issues. In Building Two, the elevators are at the far end of one looooooong hallway and I ended up in the very furthest unit. I guess this is just the equivalent of being assigned a more distant building in a low rise property, but this long hallway walk made it feel like sort of a hike anytime you were going to the elevator to head to the pool or parking garage. Also, given the newness of the property, I was really surprised how dirty and spotted the hallway carpet was. Makes me wonder how well they will keep up the property.

I definitely had issues with housekeeping as others have mentioned. Upon check in, found the wood furniture in the room very dusty. Also, on two different days when I had left the room by 9AM I returned after 5PM and found it had not been cleaned and had to call to get fresh towels. As others have said daily housekeeping really only includes taking out the trash, making the bed and replacing the towels. Bathroom and floors were not cleaned during my stay and I don't believe the sheets were ever changed and there was no card to request this.

On another day when we returned from Epcot after 10:00, there were two unpleasant suprises. First, the air conditioning was not working and I had a voice mail from the front desk that something had gone wrong with swiping my credit card and I needed to come down that day (to front desk in the other building) to get if fixed. Well, it took two calls and an hour and a half for them to come fix the air conditioning (it was very hot!) and I ended up at the front desk around midnight to find out there had been some error on their end and there was no problem with my credit card. Also had to have two separate service calls on a severely leaking shower head which they said they fixed the first time and didn't.

The last thing I didn't really care for was the property's location. If you're not familiar with the back roads you will definitely think you're way off the beaten track. Definitely cannot walk anywhere from here. Usually you'd think an advantage of being slightly out of the way would be serenity and views, but views are really of a future construction site and not at all appealing. Although it wasn't a long drive to attractions, I still would have prefered to be in either a more populated area, or if out of the way a prettier, more natural area.

Overall I still think this place is a great value for the money and the newness and pools are a major plus, but I they have some work to do on housekeeping and maintenance.

Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank overnighttraveller
CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2010

Beautiful rooms, quiet, nice pool, great bathroom, comfortable bed, great full kitchen, easy drive, friendly staff. Housekeeping not great --- didn't come one day, didn't sweep the Cheerios off the floor another day, we found a hairbrush in the corner when we arrived. I paid less than $100/night for a 1 bedroom penthouse suite for agreeing to do the time share presentation which was not pushy. Nice pool, nice fitness center, some activities for the kids like pool side movies were fun.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Western Springs, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2010

This hotel was wonderful from the spacious suite to the awesome pool. The highlight of the hotel was the entertainment at the pool. A Mardi Gras themed party kept my young kids super entertained. The two entertainment guys were awesome - hula hoop contest, limbo, music, beads, balloons, etc. Ask the staff what day these guys are at the pool. Our suite was huge and easily fit my family of 5 young kids (youngest in a crib). We only stayed 2 nights but easily could be comfy for a week. Our suite was immaculate and had a big balcony. A quick drive to Disney property, restaurants, grocery store, and mini golf. The only negative was bad service at the restaurant for breakfast but the manager comped our entire meal and was super apologetic. Overall the employees were great. If we go back to Orlando will stay here again!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2010

I live in Orlando exactly 6 miles from Parc Soleil and I just want to comment on all of the reviews that talk about how out of the way the resort is. Just because the area around the resort is not built up yet does not make it out of the way! It is probably the most central to the three major theme parks than any other resort! Enjoy the quite area before it turns into the next I-Drive! The resort is beautiful, go before the area gets over developed, it is just on a quite street (for now)! Make a left out of the resort and you are about 2 miles to the best resaurant area in Orlando, Resaurant Row, make a right and you are 5 or 6 miles to DT Disney! The resort and the rooms are some of the best in town!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bucaboy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2010

This hotel was FANTASTIC! It's like having you're own home away from home. We loved all the space. The kitchen has everything you could possibly need. The washer dryer was a definite plus we washed all our clothes before we packed to go home! The hotel pool is georgous!! Very relaxing after a day at the parks and it never seemed crowded. The parking garage is tight as I read in the other reviews but I think people exagerated a bit. We really were happy to go from the car to the elevator and no valet fees!! The airconditioning is definetly a problem they need to solve!! We just couldn't figure it out. We were either freezing, or the heat would kick on! The noise that thing makes is also uneceptable! We had our 10 month old son with us and luckily he's a heavy sleeper. Other than that small issue, this was one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed May 2010