“Outstanding value for a great room”

Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations
Ranked #39 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed February 26, 2010

Outstanding value and a great room! We had a one bedroom suite that had 3-4 times as much space as the 1 bedroom our daughter and her family had at Disney, with a full kitchen, washer and dryer, two flat panel TVs, an iPod sound system, comfortable bed, balcony and a large bath, for about a third of what they paid! It is not on the grounds, but it is a short trip to the attractions.

Plusses: Nice enough workout room. Free wireless access. There is a full kitchen so we went to the grocery store and got food and wine for the week. There is a walking path along a little lake, and the grounds appear to be safe. There is a nice sized pool, a couple of large hot tubs, and an adults-only pool. This is a vacation resort, so there was no maid service (unless you pay extra for it), which we like - no one at your door yelling "housekeeping" at some early hour. Parking is on the lower 3 levels, which makes getting to the rooms very easy. We were one of the first people to stay in the 2nd of their towers, so it was very clean and shiny.

Minuses: there is a restaurant next to the pool which we spent some time waiting for service that never came at. The only disappointment of the trip.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms were all we could ask for, and the price was right.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank thorgan
There are newer reviews for Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations

Reviewed February 25, 2010

We always research our hotels and this one had high marks - I have to say that it lived up to them! We had a spacious one bedroom suite and it was amazing! It had everything you could need - stove , washer dryer, HUGE bathroom and the tub was so cool! The water comes out of the cieling ( for the tub , not the shower, which is why this is cool! ) The pool is very nice and big - great water slide. IN the evening they have one of those inflatable TV's so they were showing the MIchael Jackson movie out by the pool.

The fitness center was very nice as well. Everything is nice and new and clean. The bedroom units are just beautiful. My only criticism, as others have mentioned, is the parking garage - it is small and the spaces are tight which is hard to maneuver luggage out. Otherwise though the staff was very nice - hotel is GREAT - very central location. wonderful stay!! A+++

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 7, 2010

We checked into a one bedroom villa here on January 29. Upon check in, we were greeted very warmly and given fresh popped popcorn and our 4 year old received some Disney stickers and a lollipop. I have to say that as a former Disney guest, I didn't receive this kind of service at the upscale disney resorts! Upon check in, we were asked if we'd like a fireworks view room and my husband said "yes". We had requested upon booking, a lower level room. Unfortunately, the lowest level we could get was the 6th floor (but not a huge deal) and the fireworks view room the man had suggested had just gotten taken in the system! In addition, our room was not ready and it was after the check in time of 4 p.m.. Since the man at the desk was striking out on all accounts, he was kind enough to say that they would buy us our dinner and by the time we were done with dinner our room would be ready. So we had a relaxed dinner by the pool for which we only paid $13 for, and our pool view room was ready. They are VERY accommodating here and even offered to take us up to the rooftop should we like to watch the fireworks some night! Staff here is so friendly and helpful-a real treat and the way all hotel employees should be everywhere. Even the housekeeping staff impressed us-prompt service and detailed too-even got a towel animal one night! Didn't get service every night as we had our "do not disturb" sign on the door most days since we left our room messy, to say the least.
Restaurant food could be much better--very average food but it does the trick in a pinch if you find you don't want to leave the resort. Service people are awesome once again and we even got dance lessons one day at lunch!
Beds are roomy and comfortable (and I"m one who is SUPER picky when it comes to a good bed and pillow). My one complaint is that the sofa bed (which we put my daughter on to sleep in) wasn't made up already ahead of time so we had to put the sheets on the bed.
So much room in the villa-was so great!
We found the location to be perfect, close to stores, shopping, outlet mall, Disney and Sea World.
Pool area was awesome-was cold when we were here so the heated pool enabled us to still take a dip.
Very clean property. I am super picky when it comes to cleanliness too (basically I am a five star kind of gal) and even I couldn't find anything to complain about here (this rarely happens!)
Parking spaces in the ramp are small and we rented a mini van but if the property isn't full, you can find a space farther from the door that has one space in the stall so you have more than enough room.
Note: Tower 1 is open right now but not Tower 2. Tower 2 will open in a few weeks and the on site deli will open in another week or so.
When we come back to Orlando again next year, we won't stay anywhere else. I don't know where else you can stay that has everything this place does, for only $143 per night! Amazing!
Go to Landry's Seafood for an amazing meal!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank JanesAddiction
Reviewed January 29, 2010

If you don't want to stay onsite at Disney, and if you want to spend time away from the amusement parks, consider this time-share/hotel spot.

I spent a long weekend at Parc Soleil in January 2010, and this property exceeded my expectations. It's a work in progress, with one tower completed and another one scheduled to open in February. At least 2 or 3 more towers will be constructed over the next decade, yet the property offers a lot of services even though it's under development.

Units are set up like modern time-share condos. My 1-bedroom had a full kitchen, huge living room, and enormous bedroom/bathroom. It was more than enough space for up to 4 people for a short stay, if two people slept on the fold-out couch.

I loved the huge balcony, the kitchen set-up, the in-room washer/dryer, the hot tubs/pools, beautiful grounds, and friendliness of the staff. Although the Hilton brochure stated that the room would not be cleaned every day, I was pleasantly surprised to find a spotless room when I returned every evening. When the maid realized I was using the kitchen to its fullest extent, she left extra supplies and kitchen towels. Maids also left friendly handwritten notes each day.

It was a treat to watch the amusement park fireworks at night from my balcony. The time always varied, and the fireworks were quite a distance away, but I enjoyed the show.

I also liked the parking garage - what a great idea! As other reviewers have noted, unless you plan to stay only at the resort property, it's a good idea to rent a car. A few smaller hotels are within walking distance, but I don't know if they have restaurants or lounges.

Many fine restaurants and fast fooders are a very short drive away, and it's not necessary to go out onto busy roads to reach them. Other businesses that are 10-15 minutes away include Wal-Mart, US Post Offices, gas stations, mini-marts, souvenir shops, discount malls, etc. Sea World is nearby.

Although I didn't try any of the food in the bar/restaurant, other guests said it was quite good. The hot tub/pool areas were very nice, and should become even more spectatular as the property is developed.

A minor problem was noted in the room shortly after check-in, and the Hilton staff resolved the problem immediately, with a pleasant attitude. Hilton staff also patiently explained how to get to various places in Orlando and central Florida.

I could never get the tap water in the room past lukewarm to mildly warm, but this was also a minor problem. It was so nice to see the sunshine, flowers, and grass that using lukewarm water was not a concern.

I'll probably stay at this property again because of the great location, good value, friendly staff, and recreation program.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
5  Thank redink46142
Reviewed January 19, 2010

First, I would like to thank tripadvisor for informing me about this hotel. My girlfriend and I planned a trip to Orlando on the Martin Luther King holiday weekend. I purchased the special Florida resident pass that allows access to all the Disney Parks for $99/person. We booked a suite and our requests for a high floor and firework view were accepted. I was very pleased that the room rate plus taxes was the only cost and the resort did not charge extra for parking or internet access. The balcony was enormous with a lounge chair, table and chairs. The bathroom was also very nice with a modern standing shower and a separate tub with his and her sinks. We had a eat in kitchen with state of the art appliances including all untensils for eating/cooking and cleaining supplies. I cannot rate the dining in the resort because we either cooked in the room or dined off the resort grounds. There is easy access to walmart and convenience stores for purchasing foods and many restaurants are nearby including downtown disney. The suite also had hardwood floor living area with couch and flat screen tv and the bedroom had a comfortable king sized bed with a flat screen tv. I also appreciated the ihome apparatus that allows you to listen to your ipod in our suite bedroom. The room was extremely clean and so was the entire resort. The location to the theme parks was approximately 10 minute drive with a car and the signs are very accomodating. It is almost impossible to get lost. Due to the inclement weather, we were not able to use the pool but it was very nice with a waterslide and the resort also had a fitness center/spa. I would definetly stay in this hotel, again!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MichaelAmy
Reviewed January 18, 2010

I am an owner here and this was the first time I have stayed. It has to go some to beat the Grand Vaction Club on International Drive and it does in many ways. The rooms are fantastic with lots of space and home comforts. The pool area with waterslide is fantastic.

Its only down side is that it is not complete. There are 5 Towers to be built and to date only one is open with another opening in Feb 2010. Our rep told us it could be ten years before it is complete. They is only one pool bar and although the food is good you have to travel out somewhere to find another restaurant, which means someone will have to drive unless you book a taxi.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank open2some
Reviewed January 16, 2010

I just found the perfect place to stay ion Orlando!!!Parc Soleil is the best of town:large suites,amazing pools(which I regret not enjoying due the arctic blast in January`s firrst fortnight),nice staff,close to all Parks!!!Excellent!!!I`ll be back!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple