“Awesome property”

Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations
Ranked #36 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 15, 2009

My husband an I have travelled extensively to hotels all over the world including the Ritz Carlton and Four Seasons and this hotel was better! The service was outstanding, the pool area is gorgeous, the rooms are barely used and beautiful and spacious. I only wish the restaurant had air conditioning as Orlando is steamy! I disagreed with other travellers who said it was hard to find and had nothing near by there are super markets, restaurants etc within 5 minutes. Also very convenient to Disney and Sea World. Can't wait to stay again and see what they add!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank mdrockawaynj

Reviewed October 11, 2009

Brand new HGVC opened in May 2009, so a lot of the facilities not yet opened, but even as we were there quality gym equipment was arriving.
This is going to be a wonderful property, you most certainly need a car while you are here. If you have one its so each to reach Walmart, about 4 miles along a quiet road. Disney about 2 miles, Seaworld about a mile, I could see International drive from my room. If you dont have a car I would stay over at the other Hilton HGVC Tuscany on International drive, equally as good but more central.
My 2 bedroom penthouse was on a grand scale, 4 lcd televisons, luxury furniture, kitchens and barthrooms, The two pool areas were beautiful with slide for the kids. There is also a walking track around a beautul lake.
overal a great stay in a 5 star resort.

• Stayed: July 2009
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank JAMES m
Reviewed October 9, 2009

After reading numerous positive reviews, I decided to book a three night stay at the Parc Soleil. This turned out to be an excellent decision. The spacious suite (one-bedroom) featured a full kitchen, living roon and balcony. The decor was contemporary. My suite faced the swimming pool area and at night I was able to watch the fireworks at Sea World from the balcony. After spending the day at the diney parks, I would return to the hotel and lounge by the spa-like pool area.

I highly recommend this hotel and look forwar to a return visit with family and friends.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank TonyMiami
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I'm a HGVC owner, so I've had a chance to visit several of Hiltons VC properties. This, by far, is the most well appointed. The property is only in its infancy of development, but it's off to a great start.

Accomodations
The room far exceeded our expectations, providing a truely pampered experience. While the amenities represent standard fare for a HGVC property, the design and appointment of the rooms was superior to most. Check out the pictures of the master bathroom in our 2 BR (with a flat screen TV of its own!) It is a brand-spanking new property, so there is some expectation of it being in tip-top shape, but we were blown away none-the-less. We stayed at the HGVC at Sea World earlier in the week and could certainly tell the difference, even though the Sea World location is well maintained overall.

Amenities
We visited during a slow period in Orlando, so we practically had the resort to ourselves. That was a plus, as there was absolutely no issue with getting on the slide, finding a chair or even stagging a cabana. Unfortunately, we felt this may have had a negative impact on the pool-side bartender, as his personality left little to be desired. the pool was uninspired, but the waterslide somewhat made up for it. The exercise room was equally well appointed and looked like it had never been touched. The only drawback with the property being so new and visiting during a slow period was the lack of activities you find at most other HGVC properties. We look forward to visiting when the store and activities center is complete.

Parking
Covered and convenient with close elevator access from car to room. Need I say more?

Location
Contrary to several negative reveiws on the subject, this property is perfectly situated, with easy (very easy) access to Sea World and Disney. Universal is a short drive, but that's the case for most of the resort properties outside of the Universal "zone". While the property is somewhat isolated (is that really a bad thing when your trying to get some R&R?), there are a multitude of restraurants, shopping and activities within a 5-10 minute drive.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank FamilySkiBums
Reviewed September 27, 2009

August 21 - 24: Arrived at hotel and initially extremely impressed. Security at gate aware of pending arrival and knew our names (little extra service-made one feel welcome). Room was beautiful, brand new one-bedroom unit (Room 1701). Excellent value AAA rate $95 per night for brand new property. King sofa bed for our children had queen bedding. Due to late arrival, we had to wait another 30 minutes for proper bedding, therefore young children did not get to bed until approx midnight.

The following morning, we received a phone call at 8:30am. We were asked how things were going. I advised that since we arrived at 1030pm last night and children did not get to bed until midnight, the 830am call was unappreciated and could have waited until the afternoon. One should not assume all Orlando visitors are running out of their rooms to a theme park every day. Thought this was isolated inconvenience and disregarded incident. Spent the day at the beautilful pool and waterslide and had a wonderful time.

The following morning, SUNDAY 900am, we were again awakened but this time by drilling and hammering. We immediately called the front desk who claimed that they were unaware of any construction in the building and they would call back. They followed up the call and said it was an isolated maintenance issue and that we were not be inconvenienced any further. We were issued a $50 credit to use on property. Considering that we also were advised that the call the previous morning was a "Sales Call" and not a "Hospitality Call", we felt this offer was minimal at best.

Again sepent the dayat the pool since we were there to relax, cooked dinner in the new kitcchen and had the kids bathed and rady for bed at 900PM. It was ten that my three year old pointed out that there were ants on the floor. It turned about that there was a beer bottle cap behind the sofa which was left there by prior guests and not be cleaned by housekeeping. The ants surrounded the cap and were walking around the kitchen area. We notified the front desk who were claimed to never hear of such complaints. At this point we related all our issues from the beginning of the trip and advised the manager on duty that we were considering checking out and asked that our stay be credited. They would only credit us one night stay and therfore we advised the hotel that we were checking out the following morning. To add to the inconvenience, we had to pack up our entire room, including persishable food items, clothing, etc. And once again, my our children did not get to bed until 1130PM as we had to wait for management to see if there were other rooms available and the compensation for all of our inconvenience.

Unfortunately, our planned four night stay was reduced to three nights and we departed the brand new Parc Soleil and relocated to the Dolphin Hotel on Disney property. We are frequent guests of Hilton properties as Hilton GOLD VIP members and therefore were extremely disappointed in the manner in which our issues were handled by the management of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank FreqTravel20
Reviewed September 25, 2009

I stayed at 3 hotels in Orlando during my last business trip and I chose this one when my family arrived. This resort is absolutely astonishing. The seperate pool area for adults was my haven. The service was outstanding, the location is close to all major attractions and Walmart if you choose to stock the kitchen for snacks and quick meals for the kids. The suite was something out of a House & Beautiful magazine and very tastefully decorated. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS PLACE! I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
4  Thank FBIGirl707
Reviewed September 24, 2009

We stayed in Parc Soleil for 9 nights and could gladly stayfor 9 more.
It was the most enjoyable and relaxing resort we were ever in.5 star standard with plenty of space and amenities.
The apartment was spotless and everything was in top condition.A little far out but once you have a car, it's fine and we found it as an advantage as it was quite and peaceful.
There is, however only 1 tower in operation and i wonder will the complex become too busy and congested once the other 6 towers are built and in operation.
Go soon and enjoy the gorgeous pool!
The staff was more than pleasant and helpful.Couldn't find any faults.
Sorry to be leaving