“Hilton HGVC at Parc Soleil” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations

Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations
Ranked #41 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Memphis, United States
“Hilton HGVC at Parc Soleil”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

MY wife and I really enjoyed our stay at Parc Soleil. This was our first time at this property and it certainly represents the Hilton brand in grand style...We'll be returning to Orlando and plan to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (602)
  • Arabic first
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed here for three nights on a great deal. Signed up to listen to a 2 hour sales pitch about he resort and joining the vacation club. We knew we weren't buying as we're not in a place to do so and they weren't pushy at all.

The 1 king bedroom suite was beautiful. Full kitchen, dining room and even our very own laundry. Sofa was a king pullout and our balcony faced the fireworks at two disney parks every night. 10 min. Ride to Disney World and other attractions and yet it felt secluded. The pools were gorgeous and the slide was fun, especially for the kids. They have a great entertainment room for children and even did an outdoor movie by the pool. Food was pricey but there is a Starbucks on site!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank GTAer
Panama City, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

7 family members with 3 children in the group enjoyed a fabulous week at this resort. The kids had a great time at the pool and enjoyed the great recreation program which had activities going all day long to entertain them. The family group activities were really fun as well.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

The property was beautiful. Rooms were large and very clean. We sat in on the sales pitch and it was not high pressure and would consider doing the program after the experience at this property. I have 2 grown children and there was lots of room to them to share the king size pull out.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Lisa H
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Let me start off by saying I am a huge fan of the Hilton chain. My family stays in Hilton hotels almost exclusively and when I am away on business, I always try to get into a Hilton hotel. We even joined the Hilton Grand Vacations Club.

We came to stay at the Parc Soleil on an owners deal; for a small amount, they give you a one bedroom for a few nights then pitch you an upgrade to your timeshare deal (same deal for new customers, they just sell you at that resort). We were in the area so took them up on the offer so we could go to Disney World.

The room is fairly spacious, the bed is great and there is a ceiling fan above it that really whips the air up. We slept well and there was no noise from other rooms or the hallway to wake us. The bathroom is huge with both a shower stall and a tub as well as two sinks and a separate area (with doors and fan) for the commode. The kitchen is nice, fully equipped, although the cabinets were sort of stuck partially open. The table had 4 chairs and the living room space had a sleeper sofa and chair. Washer and dryer is in a closet opposite the kitchen and did a good job of cleaning our clothes. The room had a safe in the closet, an added bonus for some of us road warriors.

The balcony overlooks what I can only assume is an area for future expansion. It's every bit of twenty five feet wide and has both a lounge chair and a patio table set. I sat out there my last night watching the fireworks displays from multiple area attractions (4 big ones, bunch of small ones) as they shot them up above the tree lines; they were several miles away, but still quite visible. It was nice, just sitting outside at night, listening to the crickets, some frogs, and not much else.

The pool area was large and looked very nice, although we didn't use it. They have a wide array of activities throughout the week for guests and families. Staff seemed friendly enough and very knowledgeable; Expedia was set up in the main lobby and sold us our Disney tickets.

The bad...well...two biggies for us....

The Internet connection was next to unusable, easily one of the worst I've ever experienced including in my overseas trips. It wasn't a wifi signal strength issue either; it's their network connection and/or upstream provider. Five bar Verizon LTE wasn't a whole lot better in the area, so it might be something in the wider network around the resort.

Also, this is not what I would call a handicap friendly resort. They have elevators, but there are only two parking spaces on each of three garage parking levels earmarked for handicap use. These were always full; one day during our stay we had to park outside in the lot and hoof it to the room (which was a pretty far walk) because the garage was totally filled. Parking spaces in the garage are poorly painted as well; they are far too narrow, have pipes at the corners, and not well spaced at all. It was not uncommon for cars to take up more than one space or for a space between two cars to be too narrow to fit a minivan or full sized car. There were also zero handicap accommodations in the bathroom in our room as well; no bars to help with maneuvering in the shower or by the commode, and there's a four or more inch high rail in the door to the balcony so you need to be able to step over it to get outside. The only plus for anyone with mobility challenges is that the bed is fairly low to the ground and light switches are rockers.

The resort is reasonably close to local major attractions; Sea World, Disney, Universal, etc., each was maybe 15-20 minutes away. The property was a little tricky to find; GPS will get you there just fine but watch close for the street. There are ample restaurants around as well as major shopping chains (Walmart is maybe five minutes up the road and affordably priced food was available).

We did the tour/presentation bit Saturday afternoon. I caved and upgraded my points, but that was something we planned on doing at year's end anyway and the salesman put together a really good deal for us. As always, they had some foodstuffs (doughnuts, hot dogs, chips, soda pop/juice). The sales staff here and at the Elara where we originally bought into the club were great. We worked with Jimmy Ho at the Parc Soleil and he took great care of us. These presentations aren't like the typical timeshare sales nightmares you hear about; everyone we've talked to have been good people.

That said...if I were a new buyer into the HGVC, I would probably not buy at this site; solid Internet access alone would turn me off (gotta have it for business) and the lack of general accommodations for the mobility challenged is problematic for us. Other than that, it's a very nice place to stay and I recommend it highly (as with most other Hilton properties). Fixing these two issues would do it for me though, and I suspect they are less important to many (most?) folks. Of course, points can be used at many properties, so that's less an issue. For the occasional visitor/vacationer, this is a great place to stay as well.

I'd really like to give this property 4.5 out of 5 stars as it is a great property. I can't give it 5 out of 5 for the two issues I mentioned above and TripAdvisor only does whole ratings, so this one gets a very high 4/5 from us.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank TheBizTraveller
Chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

I stayed at the Parc Soleil at the end of June for business. I was there for 4 nights and requested a room on a high floor away from the elevator. I was given a room on the lowest floor closest to the elevator. The room was extremely noisy and I felt very uncomfortable traveling as a single woman on the ground level watching people walk/jog outside my window. I requested to be moved twice and was told no rooms were available. I noticed less than half the guests at the pool on sunday night, the property clearly was not full. The room was not clean and I noticed on my last night what looked liked plumbing issues in the closet of room 10124 that was coming from the bathroom. When I brought it to the attention of the front desk, the representative was very nonchalant. Not a single staff member asked me how my stay was during the entire time I was there until I checked out. This resort was highly recommended by my sister and i was extremely disappointed in the customer service and the cleaniless of the room. See photo of closet attached.

Room Tip: Check the closet for plumbing issues! Rooms near ground floor are extremely loud and noisy.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
7 Thank ilike2go007
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for disappointing you, as well as for the seemingly nonchalant response to your particular needs, which is inexcusable. That said, while there is obviously nothing we can do at this point to change what you experienced, your feedback is invaluable to us. With that in mind, if you would like to speak to us directly so we can learn more about your specific situation, please feel free to reach out to Alix Daley, our Resort Director, at Alexandra.Daley@hilton.com or on her direct line at 407.465.4070, at your earliest convenience and she will be more than happy to assist you. Again, we apologize and look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards!

Peter M. Merrill
General Manager HGV Orlando Resorts
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

We are very happy HGVC owners and their Parc Soliel resort is one of the main reasons. HGVC resort quality and staff makes you feel at home.

We brought some neighbors to Orlando to share some great family memory making time with their granddaughter. The 2 BR in TWR 2 was perfect for 5 adults and one 4 year old. Very clean, accommodating and close to everything. Beautiful resort!!!! We alway come back-no need to mess with success.

Stayed April 2014