“Met some new friends”

Ranked #41 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Greer, South Carolina
“Met some new friends”
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Was very excited about our stay and was ver pleasantly surprised. The room was exceptional, the grounds were immaculate, the staff were very eager to please. We stayed mainly in what I would call the quiet pool and never had any problems. We actually met two wonderful couples and will meet up with them in Hawaii next year! I didn't like the pressure sale, we own already and to be honest I signed up for the "preview of the new Tuscany property" and as usual it took three people and 90 minutes for them to understand no. But otherwise we loved our stay. If you get a chance try the Gouda/guacamole burger from cafe soleil. It is to die for!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (614)
  • Arabic first
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 24, 2013

we are Hilton grand vacation owners (of the New York property) and booked 3 nights using our points. We are also Hilton diamond, and at check in I asked about any available upgrades. I was informed I could upgrade, at a cost of $50 per night. Being grand vacation owners, and diamond status, I was disappointed in the response. Since my wife wanted the upgrade, I deferred and paid. Nice rooms, great view of pool, and great Orlando location. we ate once in the little resteraunt, which was pleasant, but other than relaxing and sleeping, did not use the pool. we ended up sleeping in, and when we found out that check out was 10 am, was informed they were going to charge me another $25 for the extra two hours...talk about disappointing. I ran into one of the mgmt. staff in the elevator as we were checking out. he asked how we were, and when I began to explain my dissatisfaction, wished us a good day and got off on the next available floor! Something else you should note...there is no maid or cleanup service during your stay. be prepared to ask for more towels or anything else you need...

Room Tip: make sure you get pool view
2 Thank KaJa1987
East Liverpool, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2013

If you are taking the family to Disney this might be the best and most convenient hotel in Orlando. It is located an easy ride to Disney, shopping, restaurants, and Sea World. The rooms are large and well appointed with big kitchens, bathrooms, and living rooms. Our room also had a large deck overlooking the pool.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

New York, NY
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed at the Parc Soleil for the 2nd time and this time it wasn't so great. I was so excited my last stay because the suite was so nice and clean. This time, my suite was terrible. The cabinets were coming off the hinges, the dishwasher was coming out of the wall, there was an old cookie underneath the carpet, the sheets were filthy, and our phone didn't work.

Because our phone didn't work, I had to physically walk down to the front desk 3 times AND had to complain during my presentation just to have someone come fix it. And that took 2 days.

By no fault of the resort, apparently Sept. is high season for 'love bugs' in Florida-these gross bugs that swarm EVERYWHERE. Made being at the pool miserable. Sept. is a perfect time to go to the parks cause they're not as crowded but terrible because of the bugs.

Like last year, the hard sell for me to upgrade my time share was irritating with some ignorance and racism thrown in for good measure.

Overall, I think I'm good on the Parc Soleil. I don't think I'll go back again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Intrigueace
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize that we left you with a less than favorable overall opinion. With this in mind, if you would like to discuss your experience in more detail with us, please do not hesitate to contact Alix Daley, our Resort Director, at adaley@hgvc.com, at your earliest convenience. Again, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.

Peter M. Merrill
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This was our third trip to Orlando over the past 5 years and by far the best resort in terms of location and overall quality. Previously we stayed at the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek which is also a fabulous hotel but quite a bit more expensive and I don't think it's in quite as good a location, plus they charge extra for parking and WiFi both of which are free at the Parc Soleil.

First impressions were a little mixed: the hotel isn't particularly attractive from the outside but I think the same can be said for most resorts in the area, but once you get inside the decor in the lobby and the rooms is excellent and the pool area is well maintained and beautifully landscaped as you would expect in a fairly new resort. The two buildings do stand alone quite a distance from nearby resorts but as others have said there are plans to develop the area surrounding the hotel, plus there are plans for Hilton to add a further 4 towers to this resort so expect it to get busier as time goes by.

Our room was one of the smaller one bedroom studio rooms but as a couple just looking for somewhere nice to sleep and relax after doing all the usual touristy things, it was perfect for our needs - the addition of a small kitchenette was a bonus allowing us to store milk and water in the fridge and there is even a microwave, sink and selection of crockery and cutlery though we didn't really use much.

The bathroom was excellent with a nice large shower, although the water pressure seemed a bit lacking at times - the large shower head at first looked inviting for a relaxing rinse but the pressure wasn't quite sufficient to get a huge amount of water out of it, though this is a minor complaint and still far better than a lot of other showers we've had before! The room itself is big enough, with a nice king-size bed and daily maid service keeping the place tidy and the coffee machine restocked. We had asked for a high floor and Disney view during booking and received both, being on floor 11 (of 15) with a good view of the Epcot fireworks, though the hotel isn't that close so don't expect too much!

Other plusses were an on-site Starbucks as part of the store that also stocks a wide range of groceries such as milk, water, cereals etc. but do expect to pay quite a bit more than you will from local supermarkets - this is a Hilton you know!!

Aside from the room itself, the pool area is excellent though we didn't get to use this as much as we would have liked, spending most days at the theme parks as I suspect many guests will do, but during our stay it was never overly busy and we didn't have trouble getting sunloungers or space in the pool. There are two separate pool areas - the main large lagoon-style pool which tends to be used by families so expect children splashing around (not our cup of tea), and a second quieter but smaller pool which is idea for an afternoon dip. There are also 3 hot-tubs which are also nice, though being from the UK the weather was hot enough for us so the pool was better to cool off!

In my opinion it's the location that really sells this resort - it's literally just off the Disney resort to the North, and no more than 10 minutes drive to Epcot/Hollywood Studios (which were the only Disney parks we visited this time around). Better still it's even closer to Seaworld/Aquatica/Discovery Cove which are all slightly North-East of Disney just across the I4 - getting to these from the hotel is as easy as turning left, then right at the next lights, over the I4 and you're there (5 minutes with no traffic).

Universal Studios are slightly further North but the benefit here is you don't need to use the I4 at all, so you can avoid the normal morning rush-hour traffic and enter Universal via the back entrance and we got straight into the parking lot both days with absolutely no queuing at all, it's probably a 10-15 minute drive door-to-door.

So were there any negatives? We decided to attend the timeshare presentation although we had no intention of signing up, but they do offer quite a good range of incentives just for going (cheap Disney tickets, free dinner-and-a-show tickets), we opted for $100 worth of gift cards to use at some local restaurants which made for an excellent free meal with friends who were in the area. The presentation itself was okay and as an existing guest they promise not to do any hard-selling, but even so we did find it a bit uncomfortable at the end as they still were quite persuasive and have several 'special incentives' if you say you're not interested, but in the end we walked away with $100 of gift vouchers for 1 hour of our time which seemed like a fair deal really.

Final thoughts? If you're looking for a slightly more upmarket (read: "very nice") hotel for your Orlando vacation, which is in a great location and has free parking and WiFi (you'll be surprised how rare both these are) then this is *definitely* the place to go - we certainly couldn't find anywhere else at a similar price that could offer as much, and the hotel itself did not disappoint on any counts. We'd go back in a heartbeat.

1 Thank Willapp
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I cannot rate this hotel highly enough. I have stayed here for the 4th time and always come away relaxed and happy. I had a suite room with lounge area which was as ever impecible in standard. The grounds are excellent and the staff are willing to assist with any need. Will definaltey stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

Northville, Michigan
Reviewed September 20, 2013

The Parc Soleil surpassed our expectations of not only a Hilton property, but also of a family hotel. We had a room on the 14th floor, 2 room suite that fit our family of 5 so well! Enough room for the whole family to spread out, or hang together.

Our room faced the pool, with a great view and nice balcony to sit out on and relax. The rooms themselves were very clean and nicely furnished. I loved that we had a kitchen to eat breakfast at, ability to keep some food and beverages in the full size fridge and glasses/plates/silverware.

Beautiful grounds, great pool with slide and loved the activities for adults and kids scheduled each day. My kids (ages 8,12 & 14) had as much fun hanging at the hotel as they did visiting the Disney parks.

The staff we met from the front desk, to servers at the restaurant, to the gentleman that kept the pool area clean were so nice.

We loved the location to parks and eateries!

If we head to Orlando for another vacation, this is the property we will be staying at!

Room Tip: Higher floor, facing the pool have a great view and are not noisey.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family