“you will not be disappointed!!”

Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations
Ranked #39 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Clinton, Tennessee
“you will not be disappointed!!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Excellent in every way. This was my families second time at the Parc Soleil it is a wonderful resort to vacation. Close to to all the stuff you like to do in Florida. The resort is awesomely chic and the staff friendly in every area. You will not want to leave this resort.

Room Tip: Tower 1 and Tower 2 have great views of the pool.
2 Thank manrobot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (611)
  • Arabic first
Grove City, Ohio
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I had a great experience at the Parc Soleil. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. I had a slight problem with the television and opening the couch; but when I called guest services, they sent somebody up immediately to fix the problems - no hassles, no worries! The food in the restaurant is awesome, albeit a little pricey. Beer is a bit expensive too. I had a complete kitchen, but I don't like to prepare my own meals, so.... All in all, this was an awesome stay. I'm definitely going back and I can't wait!

Room Tip: If your room has a balcony, it has to be a good room!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kevin K
UK
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This location is marked down by me just because it is so new so is in a bit of a wilderness at the mention. Time will change that.
But I do have one issue. If you want to go poolside and quietly contemplate - forget it - unbelievably noisy with constant Muzak! Just one long painful experience.
So poolside for me is a 'no no' and my room is no better - music pounding up from the pool.
I think HGVC need to either materially reduce the volume or stop it all together. Perhaps guests should be asked?

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank gvs951
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and your related 5 star rating. We also appreciate your comment about the music in and around the pool area and assure you we will be closely monitoring this issue in the weeks ahead in an effort to find the right balance for all of our Members and Guests. Thank you again!

Central Florida, Florida
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Hilton Parc Soleil review for Trip Advisor

This is a lovely property. Rooms are great except for ours.
When we agreed to visit for a timeshare tour, I was told we would have a king suite. The day before arrival, I called to say that that we would be arriving late and requested a high floor away from the elevators. We were given a room that was adapted for a wheelchair bound guest. I immediately called the front desk and was told that we could be placed on a list for a new room the next day. I declined as we were settled. Though there is a Hilton Honors desk there were none of the perks.
It was a cold night, and I was so looking forward to the much- heralded soaking tub. Instead we had a huge shower into which a wheelchair could be rolled. It should have come with a tutorial. My husband got water all over the floor. I didn’t do much better.
The clothes rack was appropriately low if one were in a wheelchair. It was not suitable for dresses.
We had brought food in anticipation of a regular size fridge. Instead, we had a mini-fridge.
We ate in the “restaurant” which had a full menu with paper napkins but seemed more like a snack bar. The cheeseburger I had was like rubber.
On the plus side the timeshare talk was interesting.When I mentioned my unhappiness with the room, I was told that preference is given to owners. To my amazement the salesman made two comments making fun of homosexuals. I not only found this offensive, but also was astounded that a salesman would be so unprofessional.
we had to decide right on the spot which Hilton we wanted or $100 certificate for. Know what property you want. You mail the certificate in after your stay and wait for the rebate.
I did enjoy walking around the small lake. The pools were atrractive.

Room Tip: Tell them you don't want an ADA adapted room unless you want such.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Betty C
Thank you for your feedback. Although we’re glad you thought the resort was lovely and the rooms were great, we’re very concerned about your overall experience, and in particular, the inappropriate comments you make mention of. With this in mind, I’d greatly appreciate it if you would contact me directly either via e-mail at pmerrill@hgvc.com or on my office line at 407.465.4060 to better able us to address the situation as needed. Thanks again!

Warren, OH
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This is our second visit to this property. We visited about 15 months ago. There are still no restaurants, attractions or other entertainment within walking distance, but after fighting bumper to bumper traffic in the International Drive Area a few nights, I am glad Parc Soleil is set back, away from the hustle and bustle. I can't comment on the true value of the unit because we were on a VIP purchase this time. So, for what we paid, it was a good value, but that is not the typical way to book these rooms. Family did join us for two evenings and booked their own one bedroom and their price per night was fairly high, but it was Easter/Spring Break week. The lobby is massive with a business center for vacationers. The fitness center is great with good--and working equipment. The pool areas are beautiful. If traveling without young children, I recommend using the smaller reflecting pool, which is away from the games and music at the bigger pool. The smaller pool also has six cabanas at a very fair daily fee which includes a fridge, waters and cola's, nacho's and salsa along with a very good fresh fruit platter--all included in the cost. You will also have use of a charging station for your iphone and a safe to put your valuables in--should you want to take a walk around the lake which is only steps away or go to the poolside cafe. However, your own personal cabana attendant will take your orders--if you wish. Our two bedroom room was spacious and had a full kitchen. (Purchase bottled water though for drinking, coffee and tea.) We are city water people and to us, the water had a mineral taste and odor. The second bedroom was actually a lock-off suite which had a mini kitchen as well. Beds are comfortable. The master bathroom has a large shower and a soaking tub...look up....your water comes from the ceiling above--to fill the tub. Housecleaning was very attentive. Shampoo's and soaps included. Choose between the view of the pool or a view of the fireworks at the Disney properties. We chose the pool again. I do believe that you could get an end unit that could give you limited pool view and still a view of Epcot's fireworks. The drive early in the morning to Universal Studios Islands of Adventure is easy and quick....coming home in traffic is awful. Don't trust your GPS to take you on the best route. Ask for better directions. We didn't visit the Disney properties this time but we did take in a lot of new restaurants in the West Sand Lake Rd area which is very close to Parc Soleil. A Whole Foods is also near--their prepared foods section is enormous. Hope to return again someday to Parc Soleil. Great for family and couples.

Room Tip: Pool view is very pretty at night. Tower 1, pool view does not get much sun after early morning. T...
Boston
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We came to the Parc Soleil solely due to a time share offer we received from Hilton. It was a great value for our family and at the time of booking, we decided the pros outweighed the cons. We mostly knew what we were in for, but be forewarned that the time share sales pitch is hard core veiled with easy going, low pressure at first. Knowing what I know now, I would not have agreed to spending two hours of our vacation time in a one on one with a Hilton Grand Vacations salesperson followed by thirty minutes with the "head" salesman who really put the heat on when we said, "no thanks". Bottom line is that I have some pros and cons. The hotel is located within good proximity to Disney and Universal, there are plenty of amenities nearby, but you will need a car. The hotel consists of two towers with apparently more on the way, but the incoming drive and views would have me believe otherwise. It was windy on the property, perhaps due to the barren surroundings outside of the hotel. The rooms are just as others have described; thin walls, wood floors, and tubs that fill from the ceiling, so if you are trying to bathe kids and need to rinse them off, it's tough. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The food was quite good at the pool side restaurant. The large pool was well heated and a big hit with our kids due to the slide and zero entry "beach" area. A HUGE turn off for me was the constant piped in music, 24/7. You couldn't escape it. The pool deck activities that began after lunch and were just annoying and intrusive. Some families loved it, we didn't. It's just not what I look for in a family vacation destination. We want to be able to hear each other and not fight for air time over staff members on the mike and loud dj music. We'll be heading back to the quieter Marriott Vacation Clubs in the future.

Room Tip: Pick a high level room facing the wasteland rather than the pool, you'll see fireworks at night.
2 Thank BedaBoston
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your kind words about the friendly, helpful nature of our Team Members, as well the quality of the food we offer throughout the day at our poolside Café Soleil. At the same time though, we’re dismayed to hear about your atypical sales experience and would welcome the opportunity to learn more about it by speaking directly with you. With this in mind, if you would be kind enough to contact Robin Bocuse, our Senior Sales Director, at rbocuse@hgvc.com or 407.465.5017 at your earliest convenience, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Bend, Oregon
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I can't say enough good things about our stay at the Parc Soleil. I felt this was a first class resort (not the Ritz kind of 1st class, but for a family resort ....) We were in a 1-bdr which was gorgeous - beautiful kitchen with granite countertops, and outfitted with everything we needed. Washer/Dryer in the unit was great, with complimentary laundry soap for 2 loads. The bed was extremely comfy, even the pillows (which I frequently find to be like bricks in hotels). We had a deck overlooking the pool and surrounding area including Sea World. I read a previous review stating that the rooms were dated - I have no idea where that person stayed but it wasn't here! This hotel is only a few years old and our suite was immaculate and new-looking in every way.

The staff were ALL kind and helpful. We had experiences with several different departments where they worked hard to make sure we were taken care of. One example: At the pool one day I was obviously struggling blowing up a pool toy for my son, when a staff member appeared and offered to take the toy to the Activities center to use their machine to blow it up. We left a library book at the hotel after checking out, and when we got home from our trip there were 3 calls from the hotel security department to let us know they found it.

Although we didn't take advantage of it, the activities for families and kids are plentiful - different things to do every day. The activity center has video games, board games, DVD check out, etc. The main pool area is large, with a slide and fantastic poolside cafe (indoor/outdoor). Our waiter Derek was outstanding, and there was some sort of music poolside every afternoon.

There is a state-of-the-art fitness center with t.v.'s on every piece of cardio equipment. There's also a really nice 1/2 mile paved path adjacent to the hotel, circling a pond with fountain.

This is a timeshare resort, and we did the very low-key, no pressure tour.

I would highly recommend this resort, especially for families.

Room Tip: We asked for a room up high in the tower with a view of the pool - worked for us!!!