“Disney's Very Merry Christmas”

Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations
Ranked #40 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Michigan
“Disney's Very Merry Christmas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed here the first week of Dec 2012. We had a Studio/king. It meet all of our needs with a kitchenette. We made breakfast every morning. The hotel was very clean and quiet. I would recommend this hotel but you will need a car to get to Disney. It is a couple miles away but that made it very peacful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (604)
  • Arabic first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

We are HGVC members at Marco Island Club Regency and traded points to spend a few days in Orlando to see Disney at Christmas time. We stayed in a studio on the 14 th floor which was upgraded for us to have an improved view over the lower floors. The staff here were very kind and courteous. We were greeted with a smile by all.
The room was quite comfortable. It came equipped with small fridge, microwave and appliances which suited our needs perfectly as we knew we were using the locale as merely a hotel room while we enjoyed Disney. If we were to return here, we would upgrade to a balcony room a little larger. The only complaint we had re: the room would be the noise level from the hallway and surrounding rooms. We were awakened each night by voices that sounded so close we thought there would be someone standing at the foot of our bed. Walls must be paper thin in construction.
The hotel is somewhat remote but we reached our Disney destination in less than 15 minutes by car each day. There are restaurants and stores within a few minute's drive but nothing within walking distance .
The pool area is beautiful, clean and comfortable equipped with a few pools and nice little hideaway nooks to read and relax. There was an abundance of lounge chairs and towels.There was a zero entry portion in the pool area which was a favorite with moms and their young children.There was Caribbean music provided by a one man calypso drummer. He was very entertaining and really added something to the "vacation vibe". We enjoyed sandwiches poolside at the small cafe on grounds. They were very good and a nice addition to the property (that is missing from our club regency location in Marco).
Overall, the property was very nice and we wouldn't hesitate to return when visiting Orlando again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chesapeake, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed at the new Parc Soleil in December 2012. As is the case with most of the HGVC facilities, it was wonderful. We were in a penthouse suite on the 15th floor. We were gone most of the day out at the Parks. The suite was huge. The bed and bathroom were very comfortable. The balcony was incredibly large, probably 30-40 feet long, facing the pool and Sea World (we were never back in time to see the fireworks). The parking garage was very convienent. The staff was very nice. Internet free and fast. We did not use the pool, but it was very large with a slide for the kids. You do need a car to get around, I-4 is only a mile away from the facility, grocery stores about a mile or two away as well. If you plan to come to Orlando without a car, this is probably not the best place for you.

Room Tip: Probably best to ask for a room facing the pool.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

This was our first vacation to Orlando, so decided to take advantage of a great deal offered by HGVC. We were only a 10min drive from Universal Studios and less than that from great restaurants and even the grocery stores. I was very pleased that the resort was in a location away from all the tourist traffic because it made it so easy to get around. President Obama happened to be in town on the day that we arrived and they had roads blocked off and traffic for miles. There was an alternate route that we were able to take that led us right to the hotel and avoid the main streets. The Parc Soleil is also one of their newest resorts and actually they were beginning construction of their third and future towers. I look forward to seeing the property when it's completely build out. It's luxury at its finest... My 9yr old had plenty to do to keep him entertained while at the resort. We were very impressed with property and the two bedroom, two huge bathrooms, huge suite with a huge balcony and stainless appliances as well as the Hilton brand that we became owners right there on the spot! We've been looking at different timeshare programs and Hilton provided the level of quality and options that many others didn't. We look forward to our annual vacations whether we go back to Orlando or travel to the many other HGVC's.

Room Tip: Upper balcony suite facing the pool was awesome and a great view for seeing the fireworks...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

This Hilton is not complete and they need to do a lot more work until they can call it that. Our GPS could not even find it on a map. Two buildings of the 7 that are coming are finished. They need a lot more lighting and a better entrance for the guests that they do have! We are Hilton Elite members and this Hotel is fine for families with kids but I prefer some of the other Hilton properties that are close to Disney. The rooms were large and had everything that you needed but the facility is just not what we hoped. They need to finish the resort and then I will reveiw it again.

Room Tip: Plan on driving to the Disney parks and realize it is not around the corner.
1 Thank Loveagoodmeal
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for your comments and feedback concerning your recent stay. I have shared your comments with our management team and apologize our resort was not what you had expected. Hilton has many choices when traveling to Orlando and I hope at some point you will give us another opportunity to deliver the service you expect and derserve.

Alexandra Daley-DiLibero
Resort Director
NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

Traveled with my 2 year old to Orlando as part of a Hilton promotion for a time share preview. When I booked the trip I was told that this hotel was right outside of Disney's Magic Kingdom, in reality it was a 20 minute drive. There is limited shuttle service to the theme parks, a cost for each passenger must be paid and reservations are required for the shuttle and the times are fixed and there is no shuttle to the Magic Kingdom, you must go to Epcot and transfer to the Magic Kingdom. The hotel was in the middle of nowhere and with construction it was not even possible to make a left hand turn from the hotel onto the main road.
The accomodations were OK and the one bedroom villa room was spacious but dusty upon arrival. Received a call on the night before departure "reminding me of my 10:00 AM Checkout time. At 9:20 AM on the day of check out someone was knocking on my door telling me that I must check out. I explained that I was in the process of gathering my belongings to do so. Within 10 Minutes my phone was ringing (I did not answer the phone). At 9:59 AM I called the express checkout number and checked out of my room. As I was leaving the room again the phone in the room was ringing again.
Being that Hilton solicited me to the location in order to make a sales pitch (I did not purchase) and then began chasing me out of the room on the day of departure makes me curious if they would have treated me the same way had I purchased. Very disappointed in Hilton treating a long time Diamond customer this way. Part of the sales pitch was about Hilton being a trusted travel partner, while I went to this location believing this was the case and would be for a long time I am not sure that I believe that after my experience with this property

8 Thank tmurphyNj
Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay. I apologize for the continued phone calls on your day of departure and can certainly understand your frustration. Although our posted check out time is 10AM there was no need to call you repeatedly once you informed us of your departure and I have shared your comments with our management team to keep this from happening in the future. As for the inability to make a left hand turn to the resort due to construction, this has been resolved and has made accessing the resort much easier as they continue the roadwork.

Alexandra Daley-DiLibero
Resort Director
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

Tis is our second time at his hotel/timeshare
Staff are always friendly and accommodating.. We checked in late but the service at the front desk was excellent
Pool area will meet everyone's needs from 6 day olds to 70 year olds
Rooms are big and clean so you don't feel crowded and on top of one another
Bed in master was good but could be better otherwise would have given it 5 stars
We can with my son, daughter in law and grand daughter
Staff was quick to bring up a high chair and pack and play sleep crib for the munchkin
Great value

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors but really not a bad room in the place